Two visitors on campus right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it really was a pure grades issue, the timetable wouldn't be lining up for him to be an early enrollee. Remember that he is likely going to connecticut not as a post-grad prep school, but solely due being too old to play next fall per FHSAA rules. So, the reality is that, academically, Jobe is currently in his spring semester of his Jr. year. For him to be slated to be on a college campus next spring semester means that he will be graduating early. That hardly sounds like a situation where someone is behind on coursework and credits.

Doesn't compute at all. You don't go from talking about being an early enrollee to being a non-qualifier.

Maybe UM doesn't want him going to that Connecticut prep school and has advised him against it, and maybe that's ruffled feathers with Donaldson. Who knows? But this academics stuff doesn't compute.

Advertisement
If it really was a pure grades issue, the timetable wouldn't be lining up for him to be an early enrollee. Remember that he is likely going to connecticut not as a post-grad prep school, but solely due being too old to play next fall per FHSAA rules. So, the reality is that, academically, Jobe is currently in his spring semester of his Jr. year. For him to be slated to be on a college campus next spring semester means that he will be graduating early. That hardly sounds like a situation where someone is behind on coursework and credits.

It could be that he doesn't have enough credits to graduate this spring or summer, but will have enough by December. He has been in high school for 5 years I assume, so he should have almost enough credits to graduate and be an early enrollee next January. I'm hoping for the best but not counting on him.

I still can't believe people are flipping out over Jobe based on a trash Canesport article.

Everyone knows the Ferman crew sucks and writes anti-Miami garbage, yet numerous posters have cited that article like it's gospel on Jobe's situation

It could be that he doesn't have enough credits to graduate this spring or summer, but will have enough by December. He has been in high school for 5 years I assume, so he should have almost enough credits to graduate and be an early enrollee next January. I'm hoping for the best but not counting on him.

No, wrong.

This will be his 4th year in high school. He's not behind at all academically

Advertisement

No, wrong.

So he failed in middle school? When was he held back?

“I have schools reaching out from other states that can help Josh get in and I’ve spoken to Mark Richt about it, he knows where I’m coming from,” Donaldson said.
While there’s a lot of talk that Jobe may not stick with Miami - with Alabama mentioned prominently as a potential destination - dad says “He’s still committed to Miami. But there’s a lot (of schools) in his picture.”

Dad says other big players for Jobe are Michigan and Oregon.
“He hasn’t visited them yet,” Donaldson said.
Donaldson says his advice to Josh is “It’s wherever helps you, who is reaching out to you, that’s who to give your heart to.”
He adds “We’re here, we don’t want to leave Miami.”

View attachment 43744

As a counterpoint, that's not how I interpreted it. I think this recruit is having academic issues based on the father's statement, and is on the borderline of meeting the bare minimum requirements. And his father is basically saying that other schools have ways to overcome this. Whether it's having lower standards (basically none at all) or some other mechanism.

Having said that, I wouldn't completely rule out your interpretation either. I mean, you could be right, this could just be a play for bags, but right now I'm just taking them at their word.

Either way, it doesn't look like a good situation for our chances.

I didn't see anything specific about grades. The author took a lot of liberties with his interpretations, but Donaldson never really talks about grades. He talks about "help" and "reaching out" and those sort of bag buzzwords.

Rick has enough juice at UM to get a few borderline kids in every year. In fact, I highly doubt that the majority of guys on the football team could get admitted to UM if they weren't football players.

As long as Jobe meets the minimum NCAA standards that he'd have to meet to get in ANYWHERE, then he can get into UM. Rick has ample juice to make that happen. Everything else is just bag signals.

I hear what you're saying.

I'm assuming the author of the article was on the same page when he was talking to the father, and that therefore the entire conversation was about credits and/or qualification. I'm not saying you don't have a good point, I'm definitely not sure what the situation is. You make a solid argument, but I'm just assuming that the author isn't a complete imbecile.

Otherwise that's got to be one of the worst and most misleading articles written about a recruit in recent history.

But like I said before, either way it doesn't bode that well for us, does it? There is definitely a certain aroma emanating here.

A lot of speculation on here. Since when did Michigan become a name to drop when you want bags? If the names were Bama, Auburn or Ole Miss, I'd pay closer attention. To me, this looks like a straight up qualifier issue. In which case it's great that his father is asking the staff for help. Does anyone really think he'd ask Richt for help as some secret code asking for money? Makes no sense to me.

I just wish Jobe would bear down and focus on his studies like Lamar Miller, Choc, Knowles and Mullins did. We have a long history of helping kids overcome their academic challenges, especially recently. Jobe just needs to want it.

Y'all need to quit trying to bash kids all the time on here it's sickening. Stfu about it already. Y'all be acting so **** stuck up on here. Gtfoh with that bullsh*t

Last edited:
Advertisement
I still can't believe people are flipping out over Jobe based on a trash Canesport article.

Everyone knows the Ferman crew sucks and writes anti-Miami garbage, yet numerous posters have cited that article like it's gospel on Jobe's situation

Why so dramatic? No one is "flipping out" in this thread. Discussion of an article and direct quotes. That's all. Seems like you're flipping out over a flip out that you imagined.

No, wrong.

So he failed in middle school? When was he held back?

South Florida kids get held back all the time. Most of the time it's because their parents enrolled them late in Kindergarten and/or they get held back at a very early age. Both Ridley and Benjamin were held back 2 years and qualified just fine. James Cook would have been 2 years behind had he not reclassified.

Pete has said multiple times Jobe couldn't reclassify due to Columbus's rules. Leaving Columbus is also the only way he could possibly EE

“I have schools reaching out from other states that can help Josh get in and I’ve spoken to Mark Richt about it, he knows where I’m coming from,” Donaldson said.
While there’s a lot of talk that Jobe may not stick with Miami - with Alabama mentioned prominently as a potential destination - dad says “He’s still committed to Miami. But there’s a lot (of schools) in his picture.”

Dad says other big players for Jobe are Michigan and Oregon.
“He hasn’t visited them yet,” Donaldson said.
Donaldson says his advice to Josh is “It’s wherever helps you, who is reaching out to you, that’s who to give your heart to.”
He adds “We’re here, we don’t want to leave Miami.”

View attachment 43744

As a counterpoint, that's not how I interpreted it. I think this recruit is having academic issues based on the father's statement, and is on the borderline of meeting the bare minimum requirements. And his father is basically saying that other schools have ways to overcome this. Whether it's having lower standards (basically none at all) or some other mechanism.

Having said that, I wouldn't completely rule out your interpretation either. I mean, you could be right, this could just be a play for bags, but right now I'm just taking them at their word.

Either way, it doesn't look like a good situation for our chances.

I didn't see anything specific about grades. The author took a lot of liberties with his interpretations, but Donaldson never really talks about grades. He talks about "help" and "reaching out" and those sort of bag buzzwords.

Rick has enough juice at UM to get a few borderline kids in every year. In fact, I highly doubt that the majority of guys on the football team could get admitted to UM if they weren't football players.

As long as Jobe meets the minimum NCAA standards that he'd have to meet to get in ANYWHERE, then he can get into UM. Rick has ample juice to make that happen. Everything else is just bag signals.

I hear what you're saying.

I'm assuming the author of the article was on the same page when he was talking to the father, and that therefore the entire conversation was about credits and/or qualification. I'm not saying you don't have a good point, I'm definitely not sure what the situation is. You make a solid argument, but I'm just assuming that the author isn't a complete imbecile.

Otherwise that's got to be one of the worst and most misleading articles written about a recruit in recent history.

But like I said before, either way it doesn't bode that well for us, does it? There is definitely a certain aroma emanating here.

It appears that the article was from Kuntsport, so the assumption that the author isn't a complete imbecile might be a poor one, friend.

Y'all need to quit trying to bash kids all the time on here it's sickening. Stfu about it already. Y'all be acting so **** stuck up on here. Gtfoh with that bullsh*t

Man I can see why people get on your case. WTF are you talking about. Nobody's bashing him. And honestly, 20 years old, and he still hasn't graduated high school. Somebody needs to have a come to Jesus talk with that kid. Like I said before, unless he's learning disabled, he's got a big problem.

Advertisement
A lot of speculation on here. Since when did Michigan become a name to drop when you want bags? If the names were Bama, Auburn or Ole Miss, I'd pay closer attention. To me, this looks like a straight up qualifier issue. In which case it's great that his father is asking the staff for help. Does anyone really think he'd ask Richt for help as some secret code asking for money? Makes no sense to me.

I just wish Jobe would bear down and focus on his studies like Lamar Miller, Choc, Knowles and Mullins did. We have a long history of helping kids overcome their academic challenges, especially recently. Jobe just needs to want it.

The "help" lingo isn't directed to Rick. It's directed to the bag dropping schools. He's letting it be known that the recruitment is still very open and that he's open to "help" and open to being "reached out to."

And if academics is a problem, then why is he mentioning Michigan? Michigan has decent academic standards on par with Miami.

Why so dramatic? No one is "flipping out" in this thread. Discussion of an article and direct quotes. That's all. Seems like you're flipping out over a flip out that you imagined.

I'm not flipping out at all. I think it's hilarious how gullible people are and I have zero doubt Jobe will be a Cane.

Plus I know Ferman (made up "direct quotes" and all) is a moron, so there's that

Man I can see why people get on your case. WTF are you talking about. Nobody's bashing him. And honestly, 20 years old, and he still hasn't graduated high school. Somebody needs to have a come to Jesus talk with that kid. Like I said before, unless he's learning disabled, he's got a big problem.

How long before Broke puts the hammer down and tells the mods to lock this thread?

Advertisement
It appears that the article was from Kuntsport, so the assumption that the author isn't a complete imbecile might be a poor one, friend.

It very well could be an incorrect assumption on my part. I can't argue that, I have no idea. It's not like the bag game hasn't been played before. We've all seen that story played out

I read this entire thread and didn't read anyone bashing him.

He's turning 19 in 2 months... you know how many players sign at bama and other sec schools while being a year older than they are supposed to?....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back