Two visitors on campus right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Of course you do.

Care to explain, troll?

I explained in another thread cry baby but since you wanna act brand new I'll do it again.... Miami lost out on some guys back when Shalala was here cause she raised standards under Coker. Ricky Jean Francois couldn't get into Miami but he got into LSU. One of the first thinsdg Shannon did was relax these standards when he got hired. Miami doesn't need to lose kids in this way.

All I'm saying is if jobe can't get into Miami but get's into some other school like bama, LSU etc then Miami needs to rethink it's admission process for athletes.

When it comes to academics, Alabama is one of the worst schools in the country. You can't fault UM for having higher standards or compare them to a school that doesn't have any.

Letting a football player or 2 in is gonna effect Miami's overall academic reputation? I doubt it.

I doubt it also, but we have 85 guys on scholarship that probably wouldn't be able to get in if they weren't ballers. Maybe 5/10 out of the 85...

When you have a situation like Jobe's, that the kid is two years behind, it's a little harder to bend the rules even more. I hope he gets in but I'm not holding my breath.

LOL no, one of my good friends from college is now an admissions officer at UM. Trust me, Jobe being 1.5 years older will have zero impact his ability to get admitted.

Again, we got Choc and Mullins, and will get Thomas in.

If Jobe is able to qualify at Alabama or Michigan, Miami will get him in.

What makes you think jobe will have a problem with admissions.

Cane commitment Josh Jobe says he doesn't want to do media interviews right now.
He’s laying low.
But his father, Reginald Donaldson, on the latest going on with his talented son.
Donaldson says Jobe, who has aged out of Florida high school football, is “probably” going to wind up playing at the Cheshire Academy in Connecticut.
The plan is for Jobe to play there in the fall, get his grades and enroll at Miami in January.
That’s assuming his academic situation works out.
Donaldson also says he wants to see UM work hard to help get his son admitted, as it could be a tricky academic situation with Jobe's transfer credits and what could be a borderline qualifying situation depending on his test score.
“I have schools reaching out from other states that can help Josh get in and I’ve spoken to Mark Richt about it, he knows where I’m coming from,” Donaldson said.
While there’s a lot of talk that Jobe may not stick with Miami - with Alabama mentioned prominently as a potential destination - dad says “He’s still committed to Miami. But there’s a lot (of schools) in his picture.”

Dad says other big players for Jobe are Michigan and Oregon.
“He hasn’t visited them yet,” Donaldson said.
Donaldson says his advice to Josh is “It’s wherever helps you, who is reaching out to you, that’s who to give your heart to.”
He adds “We’re here, we don’t want to leave Miami.”

pretty clear message to miami

Miami's to lose.

Advertisement
If he doesn't get in, it's 100% on him. Nobody else.

disagree.

Of course you do.

Care to explain, troll?

I explained in another thread cry baby but since you wanna act brand new I'll do it again.... Miami lost out on some guys back when Shalala was here cause she raised standards under Coker. Ricky Jean Francois couldn't get into Miami but he got into LSU. One of the first thinsdg Shannon did was relax these standards when he got hired. Miami doesn't need to lose kids in this way.

All I'm saying is if jobe can't get into Miami but get's into some other school like bama, LSU etc then Miami needs to rethink it's admission process for athletes.

If he can meet NCAA admission standards, then he can get into UM. If he goes elsewhere, then "UM wouldn't admit me" is just a pretext to hide a bag transaction.

Some of you dudes are playing tiddlywinks in this bytch thinking UM is going to let a local 5 star go to Alabaga because of some fake heightened admissions standards. As my Chinese friend Chin Lo would say, "Bytch prease!" Rick has enough juice at UM to get a 5 star kid like Jobe past admissions as long as Jobe meets minimum NCAA standards that he'd have to meet at any other D1 school.

If Jobe decides to go elsewhere it ain't because of UM admissions. I guarantee you that.

disagree.

Of course you do.

Care to explain, troll?

If he can meet NCAA admission standards, then he can get into UM. If he goes elsewhere, then "UM wouldn't admit me" is just a pretext to hide a bag transaction.

Some of you dudes are playing tiddlywinks in this bytch thinking UM is going to let a local 5 star go to Alabaga because of some fake heightened admissions standards. As my Chinese friend Chin Lo would say, "Bytch prease!" Rick has enough juice at UM to get a 5 star kid like Jobe past admissions as long as Jobe meets minimum NCAA standards that he'd have to meet at any other D1 school.

If Jobe decides to go elsewhere it ain't because of UM admissions. I guarantee you that.

If that's the case in this situation then it is what it is.

disagree.

Of course you do.

Care to explain, troll?

post-28223-Scrooge-McDuck-Swimming-in-Gol-IlY5.gif

disagree.

Of course you do.

Care to explain, troll?

Chin Lo from the swap shop on sunrise Blvd? The car stereo dealer?

Advertisement
disagree.

Of course you do.

Care to explain, troll?

Chin Lo from the swap shop on sunrise Blvd? The car stereo dealer?

Same dude.

Sounds like a major issue with Jobe being on the borderline of academic qualification.

Gore had a **** of a time, but he had a learning disability and worked extremely hard, and had lots of support at UM. It's a great story for those of you familiar with it.

If there is no learning disability, there's not much excuse for having these type of problems. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to meet the minimum requirements.

What did Gore have?

Nothing better in life than sitting on a Dominican beach and exchanging posts with brock.

Can we get some pics of the "scenery"?

I just tried to attach a pic of a big rotund fella but the Wi-Fi couldn't handle it

Forget about that fat *******. I want to see some Dominican females in bikinis.

I picked a bad beach or day for that. The super fat guy was all I could muster up

Advertisement
If it really was a pure grades issue, the timetable wouldn't be lining up for him to be an early enrollee. Remember that he is likely going to connecticut not as a post-grad prep school, but solely due being too old to play next fall per FHSAA rules. So, the reality is that, academically, Jobe is currently in his spring semester of his Jr. year. For him to be slated to be on a college campus next spring semester means that he will be graduating early. That hardly sounds like a situation where someone is behind on coursework and credits.

He likely was held back a year or two. Anyone know month of his birth? I teach in an urban setting, and have worked with lots of kids that are older like Jobe. He won't be graduating early as you noted from an age perspective. He might be essentially picking up a semester's worth of credits he was behind to allow him to no longer be two years behind, but 1.5 years behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back