Two visitors on campus right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Hope that Pope is the dude GEO said would commit this week when he visited....

What makes you think jobe will have a problem with admissions.

Cane commitment Josh Jobe says he doesn't want to do media interviews right now.
He’s laying low.
But his father, Reginald Donaldson, on the latest going on with his talented son.
Donaldson says Jobe, who has aged out of Florida high school football, is “probably” going to wind up playing at the Cheshire Academy in Connecticut.
The plan is for Jobe to play there in the fall, get his grades and enroll at Miami in January.
That’s assuming his academic situation works out.
Donaldson also says he wants to see UM work hard to help get his son admitted, as it could be a tricky academic situation with Jobe's transfer credits and what could be a borderline qualifying situation depending on his test score.
“I have schools reaching out from other states that can help Josh get in and I’ve spoken to Mark Richt about it, he knows where I’m coming from,” Donaldson said.
While there’s a lot of talk that Jobe may not stick with Miami - with Alabama mentioned prominently as a potential destination - dad says “He’s still committed to Miami. But there’s a lot (of schools) in his picture.”

Dad says other big players for Jobe are Michigan and Oregon.
“He hasn’t visited them yet,” Donaldson said.
Donaldson says his advice to Josh is “It’s wherever helps you, who is reaching out to you, that’s who to give your heart to.”
He adds “We’re here, we don’t want to leave Miami.”

All that interview tells me is that Donaldson is sending out hardcore bag signals. We now see from where the "Jobe isn't really committed" thought process is emanating.

Cane commitment Josh Jobe says he doesn't want to do media interviews right now.
He’s laying low.
But his father, Reginald Donaldson, on the latest going on with his talented son.
Donaldson says Jobe, who has aged out of Florida high school football, is “probably” going to wind up playing at the Cheshire Academy in Connecticut.
The plan is for Jobe to play there in the fall, get his grades and enroll at Miami in January.
Donaldson also says he wants to see UM work hard to help get his son admitted, as it could be a tricky academic situation with Jobe's transfer credits and what could be a borderline qualifying situation depending on his test score.
“I have schools reaching out from other states that can help Josh get in and I’ve spoken to Mark Richt about it, he knows where I’m coming from,” Donaldson said.
While there’s a lot of talk that Jobe may not stick with Miami - with Alabama mentioned prominently as a potential destination - dad says “He’s still committed to Miami. But there’s a lot (of schools) in his picture.”

Donaldson says his advice to Josh is “It’s wherever helps you, who is reaching out to you, that’s who to give your heart to.”
Is that article from Rivals? Gary Fermin?

Real ?, can anyone explain y I'm seeing so many So. Fla recruits aging out? What's really going on w the educational system?

Advertisement

bag signal.jpg

He’s laying low.

All that interview tells me is that Donaldson is sending out hardcore bag signals. We now see from where the "Jobe isn't really committed" thought process is emanating.

This. Smh...

View attachment 43744

As a counterpoint, that's not how I interpreted it. I think this recruit is having academic issues based on the father's statement, and is on the borderline of meeting the bare minimum requirements. And his father is basically saying that other schools have ways to overcome this. Whether it's having lower standards (basically none at all) or some other mechanism.

Having said that, I wouldn't completely rule out your interpretation either. I mean, you could be right, this could just be a play for bags, but right now I'm just taking them at their word.

Either way, it doesn't look like a good situation for our chances.

He’s laying low.

This man speaks the truth

What schools can help you = what schools will drop the biggest bags.

HE GONE

Advertisement

He’s laying low.

+10000000000

Any time a PARENT starts listing schools like that, we all know the score.

He’s laying low.
Donaldson also says he wants to see UM work hard to help get his son admitted by dropping a bag or two or three, as it could be a tricky academic situation with Jobe's transfer credits and the other bags being offered and what could be a borderline qualifying situation depending on his test score, although we all know that smokescreen horsesh!t .
“I have schools reaching out from other states that can help Josh get in and that can drop unlimited bags so Josh can feed the fam with and I’ve spoken to Mark Richt about it [the bags], he knows where I’m coming from, as the old Chinese saying goes, no bags no Jobe,” Donaldson said.
While there’s a lot of talk that Jobe may not stick with Miami - with Alabama mentioned prominently as a potential destination - dad says “He’s still committed to Miami as long as there is a bag delivery. But there’s a lot (of schools) in his picture willing to drop unlimited bags.”

“He hasn’t visited them yet but will if bags are not delivered forthwith,” Donaldson said.
Donaldson says his advice to Josh is “It’s wherever helps you, who is reaching out to you and offering bags, many bags, that’s who to give your heart to.”
He adds “We’re here right now, on campus waiting for the g@ddam bags, we don’t want to leave Miami without the m@therf@ckin' bags.”

here's the unredacted original version of the interview with the edits in red

Last edited:

He’s laying low.
Donaldson also says he wants to see UM work hard to help get his son admitted by dropping a bag or two or three, as it could be a tricky academic situation with Jobe's transfer credits and the other bags being offered and what could be a borderline qualifying situation depending on his test score, although we all know that smokescreen horsesh!t .
“I have schools reaching out from other states that can help Josh get in and that can drop unlimited bags so Josh can feed the fam with and I’ve spoken to Mark Richt about it [the bags], he knows where I’m coming from, as the old Chinese saying goes, no bags no Jobe,” Donaldson said.
While there’s a lot of talk that Jobe may not stick with Miami - with Alabama mentioned prominently as a potential destination - dad says “He’s still committed to Miami as long as there is a bag delivery. But there’s a lot (of schools) in his picture willing to drop unlimited bags.”

“He hasn’t visited them yet but will if bags are not delivered forthwith,” Donaldson said.
Donaldson says his advice to Josh is “It’s wherever helps you, who is reaching out to you and offering bags, many bags, that’s who to give your heart to.”
He adds “We’re here right now, on campus waiting for the g@ddam bags, we don’t want to leave Miami without the m@therf@ckin' bags.”

here's the unredacted original version of the interview with the edits in red

:RK5I6FxwJLgEV5J6.jp

Everyone should have already had their guards up when Alabaga stormed into the picture.

This is why we're fools if we actually did slowplay Samuel. A CB trio of Blades, Ivey, and Samuel would have easily cushioned the blow, with Campbell waiting in the winds as the 4th and final piece.

Now, we're stuck with only two "sure things" in Blades and Ivey, and may even have to consider tier 2 prospects if we want 4 CBs in this class.

Last edited:

View attachment 43744

As a counterpoint, that's not how I interpreted it. I think this recruit is having academic issues based on the father's statement, and is on the borderline of meeting the bare minimum requirements. And his father is basically saying that other schools have ways to overcome this. Whether it's having lower standards (basically none at all) or some other mechanism.

Having said that, I wouldn't completely rule out your interpretation either. I mean, you could be right, this could just be a play for bags, but right now I'm just taking them at their word.

Either way, it doesn't look like a good situation for our chances.

I didn't see anything specific about grades. The author took a lot of liberties with his interpretations, but Donaldson never really talks about grades. He talks about "help" and "reaching out" and those sort of bag buzzwords.

Rick has enough juice at UM to get a few borderline kids in every year. In fact, I highly doubt that the majority of guys on the football team could get admitted to UM if they weren't football players.

As long as Jobe meets the minimum NCAA standards that he'd have to meet to get in ANYWHERE, then he can get into UM. Rick has ample juice to make that happen. Everything else is just bag signals.

Advertisement
i don't discount for a minute, Donaldson's good intention of parlaying his son's football excellence into money for him and everyone else. he's the ticket and they are going all in b@lls to the wall, not likely to have another opportunity like this in their lifetime.

View attachment 43744
His brother in the NFL come on now...

Keep your eyes peeled to the skies over Columbus High for the Sabag Bag Copter. There is plenty of "help" aboard the Bag Copter.

bagcopter.jpg

Advertisement

View attachment 43744
His brother in the NFL come on now...

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? Is Donaldson his father too? Do you think borderline NFL players have unlimited money that they give to everyone?

Jobe's dad top google searches are real estate tuscaloosa and "how to be a quality control assistant"

Am I the only one wondering/confused on why Jobe doesn't have his fathers last name....

If it really was a pure grades issue, the timetable wouldn't be lining up for him to be an early enrollee. Remember that he is likely going to connecticut not as a post-grad prep school, but solely due being too old to play next fall per FHSAA rules. So, the reality is that, academically, Jobe is currently in his spring semester of his Jr. year. For him to be slated to be on a college campus next spring semester means that he will be graduating early. That hardly sounds like a situation where someone is behind on coursework and credits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back