Two things I’ve noticed with UNC

Defensively we need interior pressure and our safeties playing disciplined. UNC does a great job putting safeties in conflict. Couch will be tested often hopefully he’s up for test. Now offensively it’s mainly TVD and Dawson figuring out zone coverage. If you’re leaning heavily on wr’s then use them all. Spread the ball. Imo best TVD is point guard TVD.

Advertisement
So you’re saying…basically…football? 😂😂

I kid..

But on a serious note the other thing to look out for is Mack Brown likes to go for it on 4th. So the defense has got to have a mindset of 2 down territory, and not lose focus thinking the special teams unit is coming on and not get lined up properly or get deflated when they thing they stopped the offense short only to see them line back up and go.

The other thing I’ll say is this…you always hear about teams that don’t respond well to adversity…one reason the Canes have been terrible in big games is not responding well to success.

You get a huge stop but then get pushed back for taunting, your line up barely offsides and it negates a huge play, we get a hold on a monster run, we false start after a turnover or a big play. We get down to first and goal and then do something silly…can we be disciplined enough to allow for good things to compound and to seize crucial opportunities.

Advertisement
LOL you'll be able to hear Miami fans collectively screaming from Saturn.
Eric Wareheim Mind Blown GIF by Tim and Eric

Advertisement
Yep. Their DC put Dawson is a pretzel and i’m not sure why. Like I said earlier today “ the game-plan was very basic , almost arrogant“
My thoughts exactly. We start off that game slinging it around the field to where TVD I believe was 6 for 6 at one time then it seemed we went into a shell. To me, the entire team and staff played and coached as if GT was a speed bump on the way to NC.

Yup. They’re on a 4 game win streak against us.
At some point streaks end. Wouldn’t be surprised for a mad team like ours to come out with the W. Also, nobody on that UNC roster has ever lost to Miami. Wouldn’t be surprised if they overlook us.

Advertisement
Their safeties would be 8 yards off the line and we would run the ball up the middle. It blew my mind that they were not calling audibles.
Yup and Young was on an island 1v1 the entire time. Every time TVD would drop back to throw, his back was facing towards young and throwing to X. There was no threat of us throwing to that side at all 🤦🏾‍♂️

Didn’t think it deserves it own thread but is there any injury status or updates heading into unc?
Mario Cristobal is Doubtful for the game with a broken ego

Shannon Dawson is Out for not having a ******* clue

Mirabal is Probable despite lingering hoarseness from screaming "Take a knee!"

Chaney is Out (Suspended) for not having 2 hands on the ball

Lee is Doubtful for questioning the coaching decision

Advertisement
At some point streaks end. Wouldn’t be surprised for a mad team like ours to come out with the W. Also, nobody on that UNC roster has ever lost to Miami. Wouldn’t be surprised if they overlook us.
The streak will end when they don't have an NFL ready QB

Advertisement
Back