Two things I’ve noticed with UNC

Advertisement
One year (during Manny’s time), we had the most experienced line in college.

They sucked.

hah, that's true. You can have an experienced sucky OL but in this era of transfers, most likely not.

I do really hope Mesidor plays and of course, LT needs to be lights out.

I agree with all of that, but this and all our games come down to the performance TVD.

Guidry and the defense will show up just like they did overall versus Georgia Tech. If TVD balls out or at the very least doesn’t have multiple INTs or fumbles we can beat anyone this season.

hah, that's true. You can have an experienced sucky OL but in this era of transfers, most likely not.

I do really hope Mesidor plays and of course, LT needs to be lights out.
I hear you. I’m not saying UNC’s sucks. I just feel being experienced has lost some of it’s meaning.

Advertisement
I expect a good effort Saturday , I see a very wounded animal and those tend to be very dangerous. We definitely need more screens, involvement by the rb’s and te’s. We had opportunities at tunnel screams agaisnt GT with the off coverage and we never used it.

It blew my mind the meat we left on the bone. I get TVD was off, but we tightened our formations and said GFY, but they didn't. We had zero creativity outside our double TE box.

I expect a good effort Saturday , I see a very wounded animal and those tend to be very dangerous. We definitely need more screens, involvement by the rb’s and te’s. We had opportunities at tunnel screams agaisnt GT with the off coverage and we never used it.
Last time Mario did this h
I expect a good effort Saturday , I see a very wounded animal and those tend to be very dangerous. We definitely need more screens, involvement by the rb’s and te’s. We had opportunities at tunnel screams agaisnt GT with the off coverage and we never used it
Last time Mario did this he won back to back top 25 games against cal on the road and a top ten Washington we will bounce back

Fact is both teams best wins came against overrated teams with awful O lines.

Miami hasn’t played a good schedule and has struggled in the run game against the two teams with a pulse they played.

Carolina hasn’t run the ball well in any game outside of the App St game.

Neither team has been tested through the air. That’s where the game is gonna be won.
Whoever holds up better, wins. Whoever wastes downs trying to run the ball or turns it over loses.

Advertisement
I can't wait for the emotions I'm gonna have late Saturday night as we line up in victory formation on their field to run out the clock and win the game.

Am I going to cry? Laugh? **** myself? Give the most Bronx of all Bronx cheers in the history of cheers? Is it gonna **** me off even more thinking back to last week? Can't wait to find out.

If we are winning in the 4th quarter and Mario kneels to end the game, this is a close approximation of how I'll react.

Steve Brule What GIF

Advertisement
I could see a big game for Riley Williams and getting passes down the seam on the defense. Why don't we use Herrell more especially on the deep post when the defense is playing two safeties deep
your words to their ears bc tight ends have been nonexistent for us.

Pretty sure we ran one with Young that went nowhere as the LB read it and Lee couldn't make the block. Beyond that one, I don't remember it getting run again.

Advertisement
your words to their ears bc tight ends have been nonexistent for us.
I don't think Dawson is listening. Nonexistent is fairly accurate. Out of 110 catches, TEs have accounted for 5 (RBs 6, and WRs 99) - that's less than 1 TE reception for every 20 receptions. This offense is heavily weighted to the receivers, and Restrepo in particular. If I was an opposing DC I'm feeling pretty good knowing that I really only have to worry about the WRs in the pass game.

Advertisement
Back