Two things I’ve noticed with UNC

God if we come out rattled given the shyyt show that's been this week and getting national attention for all the wrong reasons and it gets compounded with it being our first true away game of the year I'd hate to see us get in a big hole early. We've gotten away with it once against TAMU but Saturday night at the ACC HQ is going to be too tall of an ask for Mario and this amateur coaching staff.

Advertisement
Unc scares me cause they’re not god awful in any one place and their offense will score. They’re good there. Don’t know if we can keep pace but we will have to see.

Unc scares me cause they’re not god awful in any one place and their offense will score. They’re good there. Don’t know if we can keep pace but we will have to see.
They're a pretty terrible running team. Their OL gets 0 push in the run game. They're basically a middle of the road (statistically) running team but heavily weighted by what they did to App State. Other games they have done nothing.

We stop the run very well. As long as we don't let Maye chew up rushing yards escaping the pocket we might be able to hang around to make something happen. Assuming we don't just let them blow the top off like MTSU did to us a year ago.

Advertisement
They're a pretty terrible running team. Their OL gets 0 push in the run game. They're basically a middle of the road (statistically) running team but heavily weighted by what they did to App State. Other games they have done nothing.

We stop the run very well. As long as we don't let Maye chew up rushing yards escaping the pocket we might be able to hang around to make something happen. Assuming we don't just let them blow the top off like MTSU did to us a year ago.

Does UNC have real speed out wide to blow the top off? I also can't see our safety play allowing multiple balls to get past them.

I'd like to see more pressure to force the ball out faster and not allow Maye to run much due to the pressure.

Agreed about their OL, but the Omarion Hampton kid is a solid RB when he does have blocking for sure. He's averaging 5.2 ypc and has 7 TD's this season. He's averaged 4.9 ypc and has 13 total TD's in his career. He's explosive and can break long runs.

If something crazy happens against us (which doesn't it ******* always?), and UNC's OL has a great day, Hampton could hurt us. He's a pretty good back. Wouldn't sleep on him. It does depend on if UNC's OL can give him any running room, though.

Going to be hard to watch we will allow a ton of easy checkdowns for easy yards. Just prepare yourself

Our offense should have no problem keeping pace. Also, our defense gets a bad rap. We held a good GT offense to only 23 points

Advertisement
Does UNC have real speed out wide to blow the top off? I also can't see our safety play allowing multiple balls to get past them.

I'd like to see more pressure to force the ball out faster and not allow Maye to run much due to the pressure.
Yes. Tez Walker and Nate McCollum can move

Yes. Tez Walker and Nate McCollum can move
Walker didn’t do much last game but his presence got McCollum and the other kid more opportunities (wide open I may add) than they’ve had all season. I know Cuse isn’t great, but everything was easy for them last Saturday.

Somebody say UNC?

shannon-sharpe-undisputed.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Francis was a right shoulder. Maybe a stinger or separation. Colbie with the leg whip but was playing enough in Q4 to make it seem like he will be ok.

These are the question marks
Arroyo - ACL with a hamstring strain (more hammy than ACL at this point)
Citizen - ACL
Zion - knee
Mesidor - can't recall
Fletcher- ankle

Last edited:
The first is they are number two in the country in third down conversions, hitting at a 56 % rip. One of the biggest keys is cutting that down to around 30 %. Timing and flow is huge with that offense and converting third downs is how they get in and keep a lather. Guidry will have to be more aggressive like A&M. Allowing Maye to sit back and have time to go though reads and then the option to scramble will be detrimental to the game-plan. If Mesidor doesn’t play we’ll need to bring a minimum of five because the DL just can get home consistently like last year. Maybe use some more A gap pressures.

The other stat I found interesting is UNC having 9 sacks against USCE and only four total since. Which tells me they took advantage of a new , inexperienced Ol versus them being the 07 Giants pass rush reincarnated.

Imo a key factor in the game will be out Ol versus their DL. If we block them up front there’ll be plays to be had, they have yet to play an offense as multiple as ours and with as physical of an Ol. I believe the run will be there regardless but the passing game will need to be huge. Like Guidry I’d like to see Dawson revert back to his gameplan against A&M. I’d just like to see more speed on the field with 10 personnel and 11 personnel. Not quite as much Cam since defenses have figured out he’s a glorified sixth lineman.
It's time to target the TE's. They've been ignored all year. They also need to take more deep shots. Everything is being kept in front of the defense.

Advertisement
Back