Two things I’ve noticed with UNC

Cribby

All-American
Premium
The first is they are number two in the country in third down conversions, hitting at a 56 % rip. One of the biggest keys is cutting that down to around 30 %. Timing and flow is huge with that offense and converting third downs is how they get in and keep a lather. Guidry will have to be more aggressive like A&M. Allowing Maye to sit back and have time to go though reads and then the option to scramble will be detrimental to the game-plan. If Mesidor doesn’t play we’ll need to bring a minimum of five because the DL just can get home consistently like last year. Maybe use some more A gap pressures.

The other stat I found interesting is UNC having 9 sacks against USCE and only four total since. Which tells me they took advantage of a new , inexperienced Ol versus them being the 07 Giants pass rush reincarnated.

Imo a key factor in the game will be out Ol versus their DL. If we block them up front there’ll be plays to be had, they have yet to play an offense as multiple as ours and with as physical of an Ol. I believe the run will be there regardless but the passing game will need to be huge. Like Guidry I’d like to see Dawson revert back to his gameplan against A&M. I’d just like to see more speed on the field with 10 personnel and 11 personnel. Not quite as much Cam since defenses have figured out he’s a glorified sixth lineman.

Advertisement
The first is they are number two in the country in third down conversions, hitting at a 56 % rip. One of the biggest keys is cutting that down to around 30 %. Timing and flow is huge with that offense and converting third downs is how they get in and keep a lather. Guidry will have to be more aggressive like A&M. Allowing Maye to sit back and have time to go though reads and then the option to scramble will be detrimental to the game-plan. If Mesidor doesn’t play we’ll need to bring a minimum of five because the DL just can get home consistently like last year. Maybe use some more A gap pressures.

The other stat I found interesting is UNC having 9 sacks against USCE and only four total since. Which tells me they took advantage of a new , inexperienced Ol versus them being the 07 Giants pass rush reincarnated.

Imo a key factor in the game will be out Ol versus their DL. If we block them up front there’ll be plays to be had, they have yet to play an offense as multiple as ours and with as physical of an Ol. I believe the run will be there regardless but the passing game will need to be huge. Like Guidry I’d like to see Dawson revert back to his gameplan against A&M. I’d just like to see more speed on the field with 10 personnel and 11 personnel. Not quite as much Cam since defenses have figured out he’s a glorified sixth lineman.
I’d like to see more use of speed too. I’d like to see some runs to the outside to, for instance, take advantage of our RB speed.
Is it realistic to see an all speed lineup for a play or 2, such as with CJ, Harrell, Brashard, Ray Ray and Robby Washington to just try to out speed and drive them nuts on D?

And the chances of Mesidor playing?

Miamis 1st and 2nd down defense is relatively solid (45th in country). Miamis defensive early down EPA (expected points added) is 13th at -.157.

Translation, we have had good 1st and 2nd down success. Which our 3rd down defense has been 33% for 27th in the country.

We def have to continue that and improve it.
E5FAFC87-4979-45C6-97D1-BA02C4C99DB0.jpeg

Advertisement
Need to keep Maye in the pocket. Can’t have him running for first downs on 3 and longs or extending plays…backbreakers

Outside of the trenches, this will be the most important factor in determining if we win or not

Advertisement
I’d like to see more use of speed too. I’d like to see some runs to the outside to, for instance, take advantage of our RB speed.
Is it realistic to see an all speed lineup for a play or 2, such as with CJ, Harrell, Brashard, Ray Ray and Robby Washington to just try to out speed and drive them nuts on D?
Nearly 11 years here and this is your first post?!?! Wow!! What do you say? Welcome? How you been? Good to see you? I don't know! LOL

Need to keep Maye in the pocket. Can’t have him running for first downs on 3 and longs or extending plays…backbreakers

Outside of the trenches, this will be the most important factor in determining if we win or not
I expect Maye to throw for a lot of yards but hopefully like A&M we can keep them out of the end zone. A similar philosophy on defense because Maye is gonna get his but Guidry brought some exotic pressures against A&M and we got a lot of shots on Weigman. Maye is a different type of beast though but we can turn on the tape from last year to see the mistakes he can make as well

Advertisement
First off it’s nice to have you here. Welcome to the jungle. Secondly I wouldn’t expect that lineup but I’d like to see more use of BS, RR and CJJ. Even if it’s gimmick stuff. CJJ isn’t really physical enough to slam between the tackles much but I’d love to see some
tosses , counters , motion , jet sweeps , reverses etc. Gimmick like stuff.

Forget the stats with this one. UNC has formidable OL and DL. Their DL is more suited to stopping the run than they are pass rushing. GT DL was able to stuff our run in the 2nd half with their front 4 and I can see UNC being a tough matchup in the running game with their front 6-7.

As for our gameplan, We can't afford to sit back and play 2 deep conservative against Maye - he'll kill us. They're great at third down bc Maye is the best in the country at his progressions and he's a really good athlete with good instincts when to run, etc. Guidy will employ a similar gameplan as ATM, I'd bet, and on offense, we have to be aggressive.

They have a physical running game and a great passing attack. They're the best offense/team we'll play all year imo.

Advertisement
Forget the stats with this one. UNC has formidable OL and DL. Their DL is more suited to stopping the run than they are pass rushing. GT DL was able to stuff our run in the 2nd half with their front 4 and I can see UNC being a tough matchup in the running game with their front 6-7.

As for our gameplan, We can't afford to sit back and play 2 deep conservative against Maye - he'll kill us. They're great at third down bc Maye is the best in the country at his progressions and he's a really good athlete with good instincts when to run, etc. Guidy will employ a similar gameplan as ATM, I'd bet, and on offense, we have to be aggressive.

They have a physical running game and a great passing attack. They're the best offense/team we'll play all year imo.
They had 7 guys close to the los a lot in the second half. With a nickel creeping in. They were more aggressive.

Maye will challenge our D, especially our secondary imo.
I foresee a long day...hope we're ready for it.

Maye loves the check down too he isn’t Brady but he’s good. Once you get him off rhythm you got him but that’s bringing 5.

Advertisement
Back