Two things I’ve noticed with UNC

They had 7 guys close to the los a lot in the second half. With a nickel creeping in. They were more aggressive.

If they play that, I think we torch them especially with Arroyo. If I were UNC, that would not be my gameplan. lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
If I'm UNC, I'm letting Miami run the ball until a penalty then sit back and play a little softer to try to get them off the field.

On O, UNC should be in 10 personnel all day forcing our DBs to cover them in the rain. They have 4 good WRs and a good TE.

This will come down to Miami's offense not shooting itself in the foot (penalties/turnovers) AND the D being able to pressure Maye to throw faster than he wants along with containing his running. Not a good night to have Flagg on the field but I expect to see him rolled out a ton.

The first is they are number two in the country in third down conversions, hitting at a 56 % rip. One of the biggest keys is cutting that down to around 30 %. Timing and flow is huge with that offense and converting third downs is how they get in and keep a lather. Guidry will have to be more aggressive like A&M. Allowing Maye to sit back and have time to go though reads and then the option to scramble will be detrimental to the game-plan. If Mesidor doesn’t play we’ll need to bring a minimum of five because the DL just can get home consistently like last year. Maybe use some more A gap pressures.

The other stat I found interesting is UNC having 9 sacks against USCE and only four total since. Which tells me they took advantage of a new , inexperienced Ol versus them being the 07 Giants pass rush reincarnated.

Imo a key factor in the game will be out Ol versus their DL. If we block them up front there’ll be plays to be had, they have yet to play an offense as multiple as ours and with as physical of an Ol. I believe the run will be there regardless but the passing game will need to be huge. Like Guidry I’d like to see Dawson revert back to his gameplan against A&M. I’d just like to see more speed on the field with 10 personnel and 11 personnel. Not quite as much Cam since defenses have figured out he’s a glorified sixth lineman.
What is their kneel to no kneel ratio?

Advertisement
If I'm UNC, I'm letting Miami run the ball until a penalty then sit back and play a little softer to try to get them off the field.

On O, UNC should be in 10 personnel all day forcing our DBs to cover them in the rain. They have 4 good WRs and a good TE.

This will come down to Miami's offense not shooting itself in the foot (penalties/turnovers) AND the D being able to pressure Maye to throw faster than he wants along with containing his running. Not a good night to have Flagg on the field but I expect to see him rolled out a ton.
Bro are you kidding me with this rain? Literally the only day in the Chapel Hill forecast with rain expected. WTF is going on? Lol.

The first is they are number two in the country in third down conversions, hitting at a 56 % rip. One of the biggest keys is cutting that down to around 30 %. Timing and flow is huge with that offense and converting third downs is how they get in and keep a lather. Guidry will have to be more aggressive like A&M. Allowing Maye to sit back and have time to go though reads and then the option to scramble will be detrimental to the game-plan. If Mesidor doesn’t play we’ll need to bring a minimum of five because the DL just can get home consistently like last year. Maybe use some more A gap pressures.

The other stat I found interesting is UNC having 9 sacks against USCE and only four total since. Which tells me they took advantage of a new , inexperienced Ol versus them being the 07 Giants pass rush reincarnated.

Imo a key factor in the game will be out Ol versus their DL. If we block them up front there’ll be plays to be had, they have yet to play an offense as multiple as ours and with as physical of an Ol. I believe the run will be there regardless but the passing game will need to be huge. Like Guidry I’d like to see Dawson revert back to his gameplan against A&M. I’d just like to see more speed on the field with 10 personnel and 11 personnel. Not quite as much Cam since defenses have figured out he’s a glorified sixth lineman.
Watch how ACC officials give UNC magical calls on 3rd down tokeep their drives alive.

The fix is in friends.

Yep. Their DC put Dawson is a pretzel and i’m not sure why. Like I said earlier today “ the game-plan was very basic , almost arrogant“
Could something be up with TVD? He threw some wounded ducks against GaTech. The ball lacked the normal velocity.

Advertisement
I would like to use a spy on Maye on 3rd and long........ dont want him to get critical first down runs... Not sure who would be out best spy?
Should have put a spy on King last game. He burned us a few times with his legs when he shouldn't have.

Gotta dictate what teams are allowed to do vs us.

If they gonna play with 2 high safeties and a lighter box, run them out of that ****..call more gap scheme runs so we can create extra gaps like we did game1. That could create a clearer picture for dawson and tvd when its time to pass

For defense..Jaden and Couch lol please be ready they are gonna circle them. DP2 has lowkey been one of our best players so i have some trust in him but jaden and couch idk man lol

Advertisement
Forget the stats with this one. UNC has formidable OL and DL. Their DL is more suited to stopping the run than they are pass rushing. GT DL was able to stuff our run in the 2nd half with their front 4 and I can see UNC being a tough matchup in the running game with their front 6-7.

As for our gameplan, We can't afford to sit back and play 2 deep conservative against Maye - he'll kill us. They're great at third down bc Maye is the best in the country at his progressions and he's a really good athlete with good instincts when to run, etc. Guidy will employ a similar gameplan as ATM, I'd bet, and on offense, we have to be aggressive.

They have a physical running game and a great passing attack. They're the best offense/team we'll play all year imo.
we gotta get a pass rush out of our base formations without blitzes otherwise its a long day. hopefully mesidor is back and healthy

6 catches by RBs
4 catches by TEs
Would like to see both of those numbers increase.
Yes!!! And why bring Tyler Harrell here if you are never going to use him at what he’s good at? Stretching the field

Advertisement
Back