Two sleeper CBs from Florida

Advertisement
Stopped after the first 3 highlights! Played DB and know a DB when I see one. Yup! hip pocket, sticky, hips, turns his head, locates ball!

Send this film to Manny skip over Rumph if he's only looking for size. I like the KJ comparison too!

no one knows what they’re looking for...the coaches flat out make up ****

He's from the same school as Jeffrey Okudah, kid is real sticky in coverage with great feet.

I shìt you not D$ he was a kid I planned on posting after a while if we struck out on the multiple local 5'10 Corners we've offered thus far.

I love his tape, @3:20 & 3:45 is textbook coverage, he's got great natural recovery speed & despite his smaller stature is a physical press man corner that uses nice steer technique to stay in phase at the top of routes.

I don't think he's a kid we would offer because we already have Burns & Curtis while recruiting Knowles, but if we went OOS I definitely would love if we offered him.
Were you looking at my lists? Lol

Amazing the dudes we land on offense and in the portal but we’re down here in cornerbackville and have to look for “prospects” and “traits”.
We even have a hall of famer on staff and some secret agent named Lockett and another Miami guy on staff and Cooney. We literally have the recruiting staff to get the “sofla” guys.
FSU that has **** the bed 3 years in a row just landed a high 4 star from Texas and according to dudes in here are gonna land cooper despite having a team full of highly rated db’s.
But We can’t land 3 stars from the boondocks. Jeez what a sht show right now. Don’t give me that early in the process bs cause All the top cb’s are either predicted 100 somewhere or already committed hence the projects were scraping for.
Has FSU beaten us on db recruiting the past 3 years?

Amazing the dudes we land on offense and in the portal but we’re down here in cornerbackville and have to look for “prospects” and “traits”.
We even have a hall of famer on staff and some secret agent named Lockett and another Miami guy on staff and Cooney. We literally have the recruiting staff to get the “sofla” guys.
FSU that has **** the bed 3 years in a row just landed a high 4 star from Texas and according to dudes in here are gonna land cooper despite having a team full of highly rated db’s.
But We can’t land 3 stars from the boondocks. Jeez what a sht show right now. Don’t give me that early in the process bs cause All the top cb’s are either predicted 100 somewhere or already committed hence the projects were scraping for.
Has FSU beaten us on db recruiting the past 3 years?
And fspoo has proven they will take said high rated dbs and turn them into nothing

Advertisement
And fspoo has proven they will take said high rated dbs and turn them into nothing
Exactly! and they keep landing them. It’s either Rumph or Miami is just not paying. We’ve beaten them twice with predictable 1970’s offenses. We’ve gotten 3 stars drafted and they make 5 stars into car Walmart employees. What gives? How bad can you suck at recruiting when draft picks and wins over the team you’re picking can’t win you over?

It’s gonna be comical when the wheels fall off defensively. It will happen if we keep the status quo in regards to recruiting defensive prospects

Advertisement
I apologize if I sound redundant. But Miami should have also found an elite recruiter on defense. If Diaz doesn’t win this year his staff choices have done him in.

Yes, the list of corners is long. And Miami and Rumph did a heck of a job recruiting DBs last year. They just have. Couch and Christian Williams are talented. Tae is a baller! Harrell Dawson and i like Clarke a lot. Burns should get more love. Kid is a stud. Curtis is solid. Miami needs to land a dog here. Same thing I said with running back if Franklin is gonna be that kid this class. These coaches have the ability to spend all summer and be all over that one dude to compliment the two commits.

Jaelen Stokes- Auburndale, Florida (USF Commit)

6'1, 175, 10.84 100M and 22.20 200M as a sophomore. Very physical.

Davion Sistrunk, Melbourne, Florida (Missouri Commit)

6'2, 170, three-sport star (basketball, track, football) from Eau Galle. 19 ppg and district player of the year. Qualified for regionals in the 110M hurdles.

No disrespect but with the U being in south florida we should never need sleepers, 90% of the guys we have should be blue chip corners

No disrespect but with the U being in south florida we should never need sleepers, 90% of the guys we have should be blue chip corners

When you get shut out by Louisiana Tech, you need to work a little harder.

I’m just looking for guys with traits. These two appeal to me because they are big corners who excel at multiple sports. Stokes is a big, physical guy running 10.8 and Sistrunk is just scratching the surface.

Advertisement
When you get shut out by Louisiana Tech, you need to work a little harder.

I’m just looking for guys with traits. These two appeal to me because they are big corners who excel at multiple sports. Stokes is a big, physical guy running 10.8 and Sistrunk is just scratching the surface.

I like Stokes physicality and long speed at corner to play bump and run. But as mentioned he does need to work on his hips and not being so stiff, the good thing is Coach Rumph excels at working with developmental Corner Backs.

Go Canes

Last edited:
It’s gonna be comical when the wheels fall off defensively. It will happen if we keep the status quo in regards to recruiting defensive prospects
Guys win 9 ish games with a lot less. See UVA 2019 and practically every other team annually in the Coastal

This thread is really showing me how easy it actually is to find CBs with speed and athlecticism, which makes me more confuse on the curtis take due to the fact he does not even really play CB. There has been no camps recently and the guy legitimately has 3 defensive plays on hit tape.....so what makes you think he is a CB at the next level....becuase he has some speed. Let's regard all the others characteristics that makes a good CB....as long as he has speed he is a take. That thought process legit makes zero sense. Do not know if it is Rumph's call or Baker's and Diaz's but there needs to be some changes when it comes to the CB recruiting strategy.
I SEE SLOT RECEIVER ALL DAY.

Advertisement

Anybody know what it says?

Marshall and Nyland Green are top two on the board
Next up is a mix of Damarius Mcghee, Duece Chestnut, Marquievious Brown, and Daquan gonzales

Guys who could get a look in ITU opinion
Khalil Anderson- riverwood (GA)
Tommi Hill- Edgewater
Dylan Merrell- Alpharetta (GA)
Zxaequan Reeves- Cocoa
William Wells- Riviera Beach
Jaelen Stokes- Auberndale (USF Commit)
Kevin Knowles- Mcarthur (FSU commit)

Marshall and Nyland Green are top two on the board
Next up is a mix of Damarius Mcghee, Duece Chestnut, Marquievious Brown, and Daquan gonzales

Guys who could get a look in ITU opinion
Khalil Anderson- Hialeah
Tommi Hill- Edgewater
Dylan Merrell- Alpharetta (GA)
Zxaequan Reeves- Cocoa
William Wells- Riviera Beach
Jaelen Stokes- Auberndale (USF Commit)
Kevin Knowles- Mcarthur (FSU commit)
Thanks.

Advertisement
Back