Two sleeper CBs from Florida

Advertisement
**** no to Stokes.
He doesn't cover anybody on that entire tape, it's just bunch of tackles and a couple INT's that he got on tipped balls. He looks stiff flipping his hips @ 0:59 and awkward playing the ball.

He's going exactly where he should.

Now Sistrunk looks good. He pops on tape. (minus his junkyard a$$ technique)
You can see the athleticism and length.

Sistrunk looking good...That teams pretty loaded no?
Sistrunk looking good...That teams pretty loaded no?

Same school as Dink Johnson (freakish athletic ability) and Jordan Blackmon (DB w/ Miami offer). Looks like a school that should be getting a lot of attention so I’m completely lost with Miami’s recruiting strategy at the moment but we’ll see how it ends up

Advertisement
**** no to Stokes.
He doesn't cover anybody on that entire tape, it's just bunch of tackles and a couple INT's that he got on tipped balls. He looks stiff flipping his hips @ 0:59 and awkward playing the ball.

He's going exactly where he should.

Now Sistrunk looks good. He pops on tape. (minus his junkyard a$$ technique)
You can see the athleticism and length.

Yeah, I want to see more of Stokes in coverage. There’s some tightness there.

What I like is the verified speed and the body type. His hands look strong, he grabs and tosses people. Could be effective jamming once he gets coached up.

Worst-case, the speed and aggression should fit well on special teams.

Advertisement
@TheSwagger1 what do you have on Jalon Williams from South Grande Praire?

Listed 5'11, 180 (probably smaller) with legit 10.52 and 21.69 speed. Kelly Jennings type. Would have liked to see him play more offense but he can cover:

They actually played Southlake Carroll last year but that was one of only a handful of SLC games that I missed last season... I'll see if I can get the full game on Hudl and give it a watch. I don't typically see many SGP games otherwise. I'll ask around.

I tend to agree with Macho on the two listed in OP. Sistrunk looks like a potential take to me. Would need to see more out of Stokes before I'd be excited on that one.

Advertisement
Jaelen Stokes- Auburndale, Florida (USF Commit)

6'1, 175, 10.84 100M and 22.20 200M as a sophomore. Very physical.

Davion Sistrunk, Melbourne, Florida (Missouri Commit)

6'2, 170, three-sport star (basketball, track, football) from Eau Galle. 19 ppg and district player of the year. Qualified for regionals in the 110M hurdles.

Stokes is one of ours also but he’s not a sleeper...kid has about 30 offers....Aubrey Burks on that Auburndale team is a monster & best player.

They have a young safety Elijah Davis who has excellent size, speed & range.

William Wells at Suncoast, he's a Riviera Beach boy at 6'2 180lbs with very good length, Idk his speed numbers but from his tape looks fast enough. He primailry plays WR but will be a CB in college, has good ball skills. Probably not a take though.

And I know you're adverse to us recruiting OOS but Tyrell Raby down in Baton Rouge is a kid with high upside. He's another long armed WR that's switching to Corner but he'll be physically ready to play as a TF & has terrific footwork. And no he's not sticking in SEC country, he's not a take for LSU & his top schools are Va Tech, UVA, Memphis & AZ. We offered him back in January but we're not really recruiting him right now.

Also Mizzou has been putting in work down in FL, Drinkwitz signed 3 FL kids in their class last year.

they got one from up here in central Florida they at it again this year

William Wells at Suncoast, he's a Riviera Beach boy at 6'2 180lbs with very good length, Idk his speed numbers but from his tape looks fast enough. He primailry plays WR but will be a CB in college, has good ball skills. Probably not a take though.

And I know you're adverse to us recruiting OOS but Tyrell Raby down in Baton Rouge is a kid with high upside. He's another long armed WR that's switching to Corner but he'll be physically ready to play as a TF & has terrific footwork. And no he's not sticking in SEC country, he's not a take for LSU & his top schools are Va Tech, UVA, Memphis & AZ. We offered him back in January but we're not really recruiting him right now.

Also Mizzou has been putting in work down in FL, Drinkwitz signed 3 FL kids in their class last year.
Was just saying how Mizzou does really well in central to north Florida. One of my younger counsins played for them in the mid 2010s. They do rather well in FL.

Advertisement

LCE any film.. I like the body size but I'm not against smaller db's like Bandy's size.

@TheSwagger1 what do you have on Jalon Williams from South Grande Praire?

Listed 5'11, 180 (probably smaller) with legit 10.52 and 21.69 speed. Kelly Jennings type. Would have liked to see him play more offense but he can cover:

Stopped after the first 3 highlights! Played DB and know a DB when I see one. Yup! hip pocket, sticky, hips, turns his head, locates ball!

Send this film to Manny skip over Rumph if he's only looking for size. I like the KJ comparison too!

Who has the better overall career? Bandy or malek young with no injuries and he plays a full 4 years

Advertisement
Back