Two sleeper CBs from Florida

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Jaelen Stokes- Auburndale, Florida (USF Commit)

6'1, 175, 10.84 100M and 22.20 200M as a sophomore. Very physical.

Davion Sistrunk, Melbourne, Florida (Missouri Commit)

6'2, 170, three-sport star (basketball, track, football) from Eau Galle. 19 ppg and district player of the year. Qualified for regionals in the 110M hurdles.

Advertisement
Another one: Daniel Edwards out of Winter Park (5'11, 155). Extremely raw but great athleticism and room to grow. Ran a 10.8 in the spring. Auburn, Louisville pushing for him. Winter Park has another DB, safety, who is committed to LSU. Miami offered both of them and they visited for junior day. Edwards plays on both sides of the ball but projects as a corner. Possible KR.

Advertisement
Another one: Daniel Edwards out of Winter Park. Extremely raw but great athleticism and room to grow. Ran a 10.8 in the spring. Auburn, Louisville pushing for him. Winter Park has another DB, safety, who is committed to LSU. Miami offered both of them and they visited for junior day. Edwards plays on both sides of the ball but projects as a corner. Possible KR.

Yep. Only reason I didn't include Edwards is because we are somewhat involved him.

I've been critical of Rumph in the past...He has Burns in the mix, and he's a beast. I think he has a shot to break through this year, and there is a lot to choose from we shall see.

Let's hope he has learned how to "organize" his recruiting board, and stays in touch with the guys who aren't his clear #1 choices. Definite weaknesses of his in the past.

Advertisement
sh*t lookin bleak

I don't think bleak at all just yet...We have a good one locked up and another possibility in Curtis. Obviously the prize would be J.Marshall, but he's probably a longshot

Knowles
Cooper
Riley
Edwards
Gonzazles
Dawson
Russell

All in play, and hopefully Rumph is keeping touch with a deep, deep group of kids locally (I share your concerns on Rumph)

Gaskin
Hallman
Frazier
D.Hill

Not to mention kids from other parts of the state who may emerge, like ones D-Money just highlighted

William Wells at Suncoast, he's a Riviera Beach boy at 6'2 180lbs with very good length, Idk his speed numbers but from his tape looks fast enough. He primailry plays WR but will be a CB in college, has good ball skills. Probably not a take though.

And I know you're adverse to us recruiting OOS but Tyrell Raby down in Baton Rouge is a kid with high upside. He's another long armed WR that's switching to Corner but he'll be physically ready to play as a TF & has terrific footwork. And no he's not sticking in SEC country, he's not a take for LSU & his top schools are Va Tech, UVA, Memphis & AZ. We offered him back in January but we're not really recruiting him right now.

Also Mizzou has been putting in work down in FL, Drinkwitz signed 3 FL kids in their class last year.

Yep. Only reason I didn't include Edwards is because we are somewhat involved him.

Central Florida has talent for sure, that Miami could benefit from if the south Florida kids want to make business decisions to chase those bags and leave the state.

Go Canes

Last edited:
William Wells at Suncoast, he's a Riviera Beach boy at 6'2 180lbs with very good length, Idk his speed numbers but from his tape looks fast enough. He primailry plays WR but will be a CB in college, has good ball skills. Probably not a take though.

And I know you're adverse to us recruiting OOS but Tyrell Raby down in Baton Rouge is a kid with high upside. He's another long armed WR that's switching to Corner but he'll be physically ready to play as a TF & has terrific footwork. And no he's not sticking in SEC country, he's not a take for LSU & his top schools are Va Tech, UVA, Memphis & AZ. We offered him back in January but we're not really recruiting him right now.

Also Mizzou has been putting in work down in FL, Drinkwitz signed 3 FL kids in their class last year.

I like Wells, writing him up in my local CB breakdown dropping next week. Curious as to the speed numbers but he’s long and athletic.

And I’m not opposed to going OOS. I just don’t think we need to shift focus to recruiting more out of state than we do now. The only shift we need is in the Win column, which will help us locally and nationally.

Advertisement
Kid from A-Dale is a bully.

Edit: OK, YEAH, grab that cat from Melbourne too! Geeze!

2021 CB Jaelen Stokes was handing out Polk County pimp slaps type hits in that video.

tenor.gif

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
D$, Kyle, Skeeter, LCE, et al, that's a long list of CBs. I haven't had time to look at all their highlights, much less tape. Would any of you care to rank them in terms of importance to Miami?

With Burns and Curtis already committed, I think that we would place a big premium now on bigger guys like Cooper, and obviously Marshall, if we're even counting him. At the same time, I'd like to see Knowles in this class, especially now that Dawson is leaning to Auburn.

Advertisement
Back