Two sleeper CBs from Florida

Marshall and Nyland Green are top two on the board
Next up is a mix of Damarius Mcghee, Duece Chestnut, Marquievious Brown, and Daquan gonzales

Guys who could get a look in ITU opinion
Khalil Anderson- riverwood (GA)
Tommi Hill- Edgewater
Dylan Merrell- Alpharetta (GA)
Zxaequan Reeves- Cocoa
William Wells- Riviera Beach
Jaelen Stokes- Auberndale (USF Commit)
Kevin Knowles- Mcarthur (FSU commit)
Let’s hope they focus on the group right after the top 2 cause they ain’t coming.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If you do your research, a lot of cornerbacks never played the position but end up being drafted at the position
Except they had a skill that made you think CB. This dude is getting chased down in his highlights playing WR. He’s fast but not game changing fast AND there’s nothing in his Hudl that makes you think CB.

If you do your research, a lot of cornerbacks never played the position but end up being drafted at the position

It's hard enough to evaluate and project HS kids, even more difficult without tape of them playing the position you project them to play. Doesn't mean it can't work out, but it adds a level of complication to the evaluation.

And yes, there are NFL guys all over the league who switched positions between HS and college. But of the 6 CBs drafted in the 1st round this year, how many didn't play CB in HS?

Advertisement
Ok cool. So you think he doesn’t have skill. I personally would move him to slot if we can land Brown and McGhee.
I’ve said to do that a million times on here. I have a thread on here literally making fun of the decision...

Advertisement
It's hard enough to evaluate and project HS kids, even more difficult without tape of them playing the position you project them to play. Doesn't mean it can't work out, but it adds a level of complication to the evaluation.

And yes, there are NFL guys all over the league who switched positions between HS and college. But of the 6 CBs drafted in the 1st round this year, how many didn't play CB in HS?
I don’t know the answer to that and never will I try to figure it out. These coaches get paid well in the 6 figures to evaluate talent. Let them do their job. They better know what intangibles to look for. I played running back and linebacker in highschool and was drafted as a cornerback. It’s not that difficult especially if they gone pay me 6 figures. I will tell you what to look for 1. Speed 2. Quick feet, change of direction, hip flexibility, ball skills, discipline, heart, and confidence. Now how hard was that? You can run a kid through drills and pretty much identify every trait I just mentioned, with the exception of confidence and heart. So difficult to evaluate? No I don’t think so. They better do some dam coaching, and stop listening to this star **** in these magazines and online sites.

I don’t know the answer to that and never will I try to figure it out. These coaches get paid well in the 6 figures to evaluate talent. Let them do their job. They better know what intangibles to look for. I played running back and linebacker in highschool and was drafted as a cornerback. It’s not that difficult especially if they gone pay me 6 figures. I will tell you what to look for 1. Speed 2. Quick feet, change of direction, hip flexibility, ball skills, discipline, heart, and confidence. Now how hard was that? You can run a kid through drills and pretty much identify every trait I just mentioned, with the exception of confidence and heart. So difficult to evaluate? No I don’t think so. They better do some dam coaching, and stop listening to this star **** in these magazines and online sites.

An this is why I am such a fan of Auburndale CB Jaelen Stokes he plays on a island
Where he bullies the crap out of WR's and brings the wood when he tackles. I am hoping he stays under the radar and we swoop in late to snatch him up. That 10.82 sec 100m time is just what we need in the secondary. He just needs to work on hips according to some on here, which shouldn't be a problem in Miami he can find a latina to take him salsa dancing a few times a week.

Go Canes

An this is why I am such a fan of Auburndale CB Jaelen Stokes he plays on a island
Where he bullies the crap out of WR's and brings the wood when he tackles. I am hoping he stays under the radar and we swoop in late to snatch him up. That 10.82 sec 100m time is just what we need in the secondary. He just needs to work on hips according to some on here, which shouldn't be a problem in Miami he can find a latina to take him salsa dancing a few times a week.

Go Canes
I AINT GONNA FRONT. I saw the physicality and was like ok. He got a some
Richard Sherman in him, but I didn’t see enough twitchyness in the hip area. I walked away saying I would take him though off his height, body type and physicality alone. The 10.82 was a given means he has some long speed and can improve in all the other areas. Just may be too late, but I hope if he gets a U offer. He see’s it as more prestigious than an USF offer.

Advertisement
Stokes is one of ours also but he’s not a sleeper...kid has about 30 offers....Aubrey Burks on that Auburndale team is a monster & best player.

They have a young safety Elijah Davis who has excellent size, speed & range.
Elijah Davis is there best player imo

Advertisement
Back