tweet from manny w/rumph quote

Advertisement
Ocala you said it, we havent won a bowl game and been relevant since 06, these HS seniors were 8 yrs old then, loyalty will land few, winning will land many

THIS!!!! This is what a lot you older cane fans need to realize.. These kids don't give a **** about all that stuff you keep pitching to them.. These kids grew up watching Jacory, Kyle wright, Kirby freeman and Robert Marve throw picks and UF winning championships. Fsu having top classes and a great atmosphere and the SEC being dominant. They are 16,17,18.. MOST of them dont care about the history of Miami because all they know is miami being a mess over the past 10 years.

The []_[];1795038 said:
Ocala you said it, we havent won a bowl game and been relevant since 06, these HS seniors were 8 yrs old then, loyalty will land few, winning will land many

THIS!!!! This is what a lot you older cane fans need to realize.. These kids don't give a **** about all that stuff you keep pitching to them.. These kids grew up watching Jacory, Kyle wright, Kirby freeman and Robert Marve throw picks and UF winning championships. Fsu having top classes and a great atmosphere and the SEC being dominant. They are 16,17,18.. MOST of them dont care about the history of Miami because all they know is miami being a mess over the past 10 years.

The truth hurts.....the fact that we have such a rich history makes this hurt worse.

The []_[];1795038 said:

The truth hurts.....the fact that we have such a rich history makes this hurt worse.

I think this is a little harsh of a view. the same could have been said for OSU pre tressel or bama pre saban or usc pre carroll..even the greatest programs hit blips but our history is part of our dna and there are only a few programs in our class. sure we need to do better and it would help but never forget what we accomplished is always a factor.

The []_[];1795038 said:

Realist ish I ever read. Al needs to get off his fat *** and go compete for kids. South Florida is the mecca of talent and short of paying $$$ to kids and commit recruiting violations, you need to do whatever you can to get the Gibsons, Michels, and Cooks of the world. These kids don't remember when Miami was "the U", all they have seen is a bunch of crap on the field that started with Coker, continued with radio, and now fat Albert. Al can salvage his legacy though, if he stops slutting himself out for Pedo State, fires D'Onofrio, goes back to the 4-3 one gap defense, start negative recruiting our competition, and for god sakes, lay off the **** big macs! (j/k on the last one)

Advertisement
The []_[];1795038 said:

I think this is a little harsh of a view. the same could have been said for OSU pre tressel or bama pre saban or usc pre carroll..even the greatest programs hit blips but our history is part of our dna and there are only a few programs in our class. sure we need to do better and it would help but never forget what we accomplished is always a factor.

while i agree with what you are saying. But the fact is that the only thing we have to offer in comparison to those programs, is a rich history..Some people value that. a lot of these kids see nicer facilities, better stadium atmosphere and for the south florida kids, its a chance to get away from home. I support AL. But he needs to go harder after the 2015 class IMO. If there is an elite prospect in our backyard that we have offered and are interested in, the high school head coach shouldnt be saying he'd like to see more Miami coaches around. It's too easy for OSU, FSU and Bama to walk in and get their guy. I expect to lose some every year. But i feel like Al needs to recruit harder. We need to be the most visible program in south florida.

Gents, I know I will be called a homer, Golden slurper, whatever, but some of you need to read between the lines. If there is ONE thing this staff has shown over the last several years, is that it works **** hard. They are not lazy, NOR are they disorganized. If UM has not been around certain schools, its for a reason. In almost 30 years of following recruiting, knowing guys that have been recruited, knowing many former players, etc... when a school creates some distance with a player or a program inexplicably, its usually for a reason.

Now, I have NO specific info to claim that anything shady is going on at any specific program, but in the past, when that kind of thing has happened, its for a reason. It could also be that the staff feels that there is a bad vibe around the kids they are looking at in a particular school, and while they will keep recruiting them, they are not going to devote too many resources there if they feel there will be little to no return, while not devoting resources to other places where they may think they have a better shot.

I mean people need to take a look at the big picture here. We recruited the **** out of kids like Sony, Cook, Dixon, etc... and what did that get us? Meanwhile, AG and company went up to places like Jersey, and stole kids like AQM, Hester, Jenkins, out to Cali and stole Kaaya, and have found some pretty awesome studs in other states. There is something going on in So Fla which has made the staff feel like maybe they need to spend time other places outside of So Fla recruiting kids, and I think its pretty obvious. I mean its come on the heels of us being on probation, with the NCAA mess and everyone looking over our shoulder. The program has to be on its BEST behavior, and dealing with MANY So Fla kids, involves dealing with some shady situations.

Im not saying EVERY kid is shady, or that they all have to be bought, but it is a known fact that the situation with the "handlers, mentors, 7v7 coaches, street agents, advisors, runners" etc has gotten out of control. IF any of you doubt this, I encourage you to read some of the new books out there on CFB, especially some that have looked closely at the explosion of 7 on 7 and how out of control things have gotten in recruiting.

I think we can still land many So Fla kids, but they are going to be kids that do have a strong desire to stay home, who have a stronger affinity for the program, or who have people around them with pure intentions. This IS NOT about every kid taking money, but there are many people around these kids taking money, in order to steer them other places.

Bottom line is, before bashing what the staff is doing, take a look at the BIG picture. Do you want AG and co wasting all their time begging kids like Sony and Ermon Lane to come here, when for WHATEVER reason, those kids have no interest in going to UM, or are being steered elsewhere, or do you want them spending some time trying to find quality kids from other places who DO want to come here and make a difference. IMHO there is a reason why the staff may be spending less time at some of these schools. Im not buying the "lazy" excuse.

Gents, I know I will be called a homer, Golden slurper, whatever, but some of you need to read between the lines. If there is ONE thing this staff has shown over the last several years, is that it works **** hard. They are not lazy, NOR are they disorganized. If UM has not been around certain schools, its for a reason. In almost 30 years of following recruiting, knowing guys that have been recruited, knowing many former players, etc... when a school creates some distance with a player or a program inexplicably, its usually for a reason.

Now, I have NO specific info to claim that anything shady is going on at any specific program, but in the past, when that kind of thing has happened, its for a reason. It could also be that the staff feels that there is a bad vibe around the kids they are looking at in a particular school, and while they will keep recruiting them, they are not going to devote too many resources there if they feel there will be little to no return, while not devoting resources to other places where they may think they have a better shot.

I mean people need to take a look at the big picture here. We recruited the **** out of kids like Sony, Cook, Dixon, etc... and what did that get us? Meanwhile, AG and company went up to places like Jersey, and stole kids like AQM, Hester, Jenkins, out to Cali and stole Kaaya, and have found some pretty awesome studs in other states. There is something going on in So Fla which has made the staff feel like maybe they need to spend time other places outside of So Fla recruiting kids, and I think its pretty obvious. I mean its come on the heels of us being on probation, with the NCAA mess and everyone looking over our shoulder. The program has to be on its BEST behavior, and dealing with MANY So Fla kids, involves dealing with some shady situations.

Im not saying EVERY kid is shady, or that they all have to be bought, but it is a known fact that the situation with the "handlers, mentors, 7v7 coaches, street agents, advisors, runners" etc has gotten out of control. IF any of you doubt this, I encourage you to read some of the new books out there on CFB, especially some that have looked closely at the explosion of 7 on 7 and how out of control things have gotten in recruiting.

I think we can still land many So Fla kids, but they are going to be kids that do have a strong desire to stay home, who have a stronger affinity for the program, or who have people around them with pure intentions. This IS NOT about every kid taking money, but there are many people around these kids taking money, in order to steer them other places.

Bottom line is, before bashing what the staff is doing, take a look at the BIG picture. Do you want AG and co wasting all their time begging kids like Sony and Ermon Lane to come here, when for WHATEVER reason, those kids have no interest in going to UM, or are being steered elsewhere, or do you want them spending some time trying to find quality kids from other places who DO want to come here and make a difference. IMHO there is a reason why the staff may be spending less time at some of these schools. Im not buying the "lazy" excuse.

L M F A O

Advertisement

AS long as our foundation is in South Florida, meaning 80-85% of our roster is from South Florida, I am good. i can take a 15-20% out of state kids that are studs.

This about sums it up until the wins start piling up. With how dirty the recruiting scene is, it will take 10+ wins for the U to be "cool" enough for some of these local kids to turn down. Sure getting away for college maybe in the cards for some, but like was said before, these kids were 7-9 years old last time we even won a bowl game. Product on the field has to generate the buzz.

AS long as our foundation is in South Florida, meaning 80-85% of our roster is from South Florida, I am good. i can take a 15-20% out of state kids that are studs.

Then you are going to be unhappy for a very long time. Even at its heights of eliteness, Miami has never had 80%-85% of its roster from South Florida. The 2001 team had somewhere around 30%-35% of its roster from out of state (I didn't feel like making an exact count so these numbers aren't exactly right). Now if you add the out of state players and the players from the rest of Florida, the percentage of South Florida players is no where near 80%-85%.

Advertisement
No free passes for the staff (I've already ****ed about the Gibson stuff on here), but I'd like to see Sony Michel around Coral Gables a little more too, Mike. It's gotta be a gigantic kick in the ******* for the staff to lose Michel after pursuing him since he was in the 8th grade.

I'm sorry but who was on the offer list of tucker last year?

Always a good idea to **** off a great academic school in south Florida that is loaded with talent every season and coached by a former Hurricane.

Lookin' good, Al!

Advertisement
Al Golden doesn't command respect bc he isn't a good coach. The rah rah "we gonna be awesome soon" **** gets old quick and coaches/players don't buy in anymore. Randy and Coker commanded no respect either.

You don't win at Miami by having a recruiting staff.

Al Golden doesn't command respect bc he isn't a good coach. The rah rah "we gonna be awesome soon" **** gets old quick and coaches/players don't buy in anymore. Randy and Coker commanded no respect either.

You don't win at Miami by having a recruiting staff.

388.gif

The []_[];1795038 said:

Tressell was a national championship coach before OSU. Pete Carroll was an NFL HC and championship DC. Saban won a national title at a BCS school.

Those guys were elite coaches. Al Golden is an elite recruiter, but he can't coach a lick, and he's lost his momentum. Same exact thin as Randy.

You know what, some or you on both extremes are full of it.

those that claim that money or street agents are in play on a ton of kids over exaggerate it.

those that claim that money or street agents aren't in play are in denial. They are.

as usual the truth is somewhere in the middle. There is enough blame to go around at every level of this food chain.

Advertisement
Back