tweet from manny w/rumph quote

Maybe the staff thinks that they don't have to work as hard on certain South Florida kids as other schools do because they are the hometown school and kids should just come here regardless.

And it sounds like Rumph is disappointed that UM isn't working as hard recruiting Heritage kids as other schools are. But i'm sure all of the morons here will start bashing Rumph, saying he's not a true Cane, and blaming the South Florida "atmosphere"

Lots of assumptions for you to be so angry.

Advertisement
You missed this tweet. For anyone who says Golden and staff are too busy.

@Manny_Navarro

#AmericanHeritage coach Mike Rumph tells me Muschamp was in his office this morning. #UF wants '15 QB Torrence Gibson, CB Tavares McFadden

Manny Navarro ‏@Manny_Navarro 29m

FYI, Rumph not taking a shot at #UM. He loves the #Canes.

Advertisement

@Manny_Navarro

#AmericanHeritage coach Mike Rumph tells me Muschamp was in his office this morning. #UF wants '15 QB Torrence Gibson, CB Tavares McFadden

Pretty sure Golden is in NJ today.

@Manny_Navarro

muschump was at btw visiting treon. these guys are all making their rounds. its not like our coaches haven't been or won't be there. but if an ex-um player is coach and he says he would like to see you more , then there is no reason for you not to be around more.

Advertisement
If Golden can ever WIN at a high level, the politics will take care of themselves. As it stand now, mediocrity doesn't give him the leverage to not play the recruiting games. Hopefully he figures this out asap.

The bottom line is you land kids or you don't. If you don't land them, then whatever you did wasn't good enough. This stuff is pass/fail, no C+s.

That said, I have to think the whole Sony thing keeps Golden & Co up at night. I wouldn't want to go there either.

Couldn't have said it better...EPIC FAIL...and the ship looks to be sinking...hope it gets better...
not that we are not getting our 1 or 2 good boys...but man we missed on a lot of guys...

Advertisement
Advertisement
The optimal way to get all these coaches/handlers in Miami on our side is to gain leverage on them without force or tactics.

The answer to that is winning football games, transforming players into NFL prospects and putting them in a position to cash in. You win football games by either overwhelming an opponent with talent or doing so with preparation. You transform players by building a culture they actually buy into (this predominantly hinges on winning). You get your players to cash in by having them a step ahead of the competition so that their production increases their value.

The awesome thing about football in this location is that the cycle described above provides either really high Highs or really low Lows - for all involved. The people primarily responsible are those who are charged to manage the madness in exchange for a large sum of money and/or the opportunity to launch themselves to the largest sums of money.

It's why we'll always have some kind of chance down here if our administration and coaches are aligned, competent and aggressive.

Recruited Sony since 8th grade, goes to Georgia. Recruited Gibson since 8th grade, but we haven't recruited him enough and he's likely going to OSU. McFadden is the next Quincy and talks bad about Miami.

Yeah I wonder why the staff isn't spending more time at that school.

Golden is turning into Randy Shannon more and more by the day. He is falling asleep at the wheel. I know we won't get every kid but as Pete said in another thread. some of the staffs choices and actions are turning them into clowns in the eyes of some in the community. I mean it's obvious that Rumph wants to send his guys to the U. But instead of using that to our advantage. Golden and Co. are more of the "see you when I see you variety." So what a kid bashes the U early in the cycle it's Golden's job to get in his head and to us Rumph to help.

Advertisement
Back