TVD= NFL Arm

Advertisement
1694770470649.gif

Sometimes I wonder if people are watching the same games I'm watching.

TVD is playing as good as anybody in the country right now. He's placing throws exactly where he wants them and almost always knows where to go with the ball. Some of you are seriously underselling his performance thus far and his future potential.
He's on fire and was throwing lasers yesterday. At one point he was 9 of 10 for 187 yards and his incompletion was a drop. He's going first wether people on here want to believe it or not.

Advertisement
TVD looks incredible this year.

What’s standing out to me even more so than his accuracy with ball placement, is his (new found/renewed?) mobility.

TVD could move when he needed to, but I don’t remember him being this mobile...

The way he’s maneuvering through the pocket to buy himself time & even against TAMU when he picked up a 1st down scrambling is adding a wrinkle to his overall game that’s gonna make him **** near unstoppable when he’s on fire.
Early in camp he said that’s the one area he was focusing on at getting better - moving in the pocket.

TVD TODAY is a day 2 guy, who can get into day 1 if he has that kind of season.

His ceiling in the draft is QB3 at best, but that doesn’t mean he can’t be a good NFL QB.

I like the Matt Stafford comp, but I prefer Kirk Cousins - especially if he’s successful despite not being a “top” pick.

Advertisement
Most of TVD's passes are very accurate and put in the perfect area for the receiver to catch it in stride and away from defenders' hands for receiver to max YAC.

NFL scouts know that TVD is physically talented. the question is whether he can go thru progressions, make the right reads etc. so if teams feel like this offense is making the mental part of the game very easy for him, it's going to depress his draft stock even if he has a great season. by NFL standards he's more of a good athlete than a great one. that said, having a great season is better than not having a great season and he is playing with extreme confidence right now.

Advertisement
I think TVD can creep into the 1st round if we get to 10 wins and he doesn’t lay a dud. There may be a lot of good QB prospects but a bunch of teams are probably needing a QB. AZ, LV, LAR possibly, MN possibly, ATL possibly, TB probably, SEA possibly, DEN doubtful but maybe, NYJ for life after Rodgers. Obviously not everyone will take one once the veterans shuffle around. But there’s 5-6 true legitimate options.

There’s definitely some holes in his game. Can he be successful in a more pro style attack. Is he a spread/air raid product or can he play more of the pro style? Pennix is good but can he stay healthy? What is Nix’s ceiling? His floor may be higher but a hit on TVD would be great than a hit on Nix.

I don’t know, maybe I’m a homer who wants a round 1 QB to help shake Mario’s QB stigma or I’m a homer who’s ready for life after Cousins and thinks TVD could be the guy. Either way, traits sell in the NFL draft and if he can keep this pace up I think he’ll by a round 1 QB.

right now he's rated as a 5th rounder.
He still has a lot to prove.
2024 draft has only 2 sure fire 1st rounders right now. Everyone else is very debatable.

Yup. Three games in coming off a rough 2022. That said, a lot of ball left and would be shocked if he doesn't at minimum play himself into the second round this season and with a good combine.

Find me one post where King was a first rounder ? lol. You’re trolling
Go back to his first year at UM, some on here we’re worried he was leaving…and that he was a first rounder, it was ridiculous just like it is for TVD

Drake Maye is the first rounder out of the ACC not tvd

Advertisement
I think TVD can creep into the 1st round if we get to 10 wins and he doesn’t lay a dud. There may be a lot of good QB prospects but a bunch of teams are probably needing a QB. AZ, LV, LAR possibly, MN possibly, ATL possibly, TB probably, SEA possibly, DEN doubtful but maybe, NYJ for life after Rodgers. Obviously not everyone will take one once the veterans shuffle around. But there’s 5-6 true legitimate options.

There’s definitely some holes in his game. Can he be successful in a more pro style attack. Is he a spread/air raid product or can he play more of the pro style? Pennix is good but can he stay healthy? What is Nix’s ceiling? His floor may be higher but a hit on TVD would be great than a hit on Nix.

I don’t know, maybe I’m a homer who wants a round 1 QB to help shake Mario’s QB stigma or I’m a homer who’s ready for life after Cousins and thinks TVD could be the guy. Either way, traits sell in the NFL draft and if he can keep this pace up I think he’ll by a round 1 QB.
You are the def of a homer.
No chance

Yea TVD can be a day 1 pick for sure. If he just continues to play well the tape is there for day 1 the Gattis year will not matter. Plenty of worse QBs went in r1
If you want to lay some cash on it
I’m game

TVD isn’t a day 1 pick, even if he enters next year id bet he won’t be.

Pocket presence, footwork, athleticism, progression clock is too slow…This isn’t bashing him, he’s one of the top qbs in cfb but the reality is almost all of the top college qbs don’t go high in the draft and become starters in the league because all of them have flaws and benefit from college offenses and talent level.

He does have stuff that I think can keep him in the league for a good amount of time. By all accounts he works hard, probably not the greatest leader but he’s far from a locker room cancer he’s seems like a lead by example type guy. Very good arm talent and accuracy

TVD isn’t a day 1 pick, even if he enters next year id bet he won’t be.

Pocket presence, footwork, athleticism, progression clock is too slow…This isn’t bashing him, he’s one of the top qbs in cfb but the reality is almost all of the top college qbs don’t go high in the draft and become starters in the league because all of them have flaws and benefit from college offenses and talent level.

He does have stuff that I think can keep him in the league for a good amount of time. By all accounts he works hard, probably not the greatest leader but he’s far from a locker room cancer he’s seems like a lead by example type guy. Very good arm talent and accuracy
Looking at this objectively as possible, I agree with you that TVD has several flaws as a NFL QB prospect that could keep him from being a Day 1 pick. You have them listed above so I don't need to go over them again. I will say that most of those flaws can be significantly improved upon with effort and dedication on his part. This is mostly why I think TVD should come back for his senior year. Assuming for a moment that TVD plays at a very high level(close to what we have seen these first 3 games) for the rest of this season and next , I think he could be a first day pick. I'll reiterate that this is contingent on TVD returning next year.

Advertisement
Back