TVD Injury

Advertisement
I kept posting if people knew his injuries they be a tad more understanding. A tad lol.

Hahaha. Well played, sir.

The people around him have failed the kid as much as the staff then. And if I'm wrong about assuming that wouldn't be the case then that's pretty eff'ed up.

The stuff I was hearing (but not fully buying) about the knee especially.

Emory Williams played against the two best defenses the team faced this season. The team won one game and was driving for the game-tying score in the final minutes when he went out injured. I get a little annoyed when people disrespect his abilities. He was never named a starter until 48 hours prior to either game and never given the lion's share of first team reps in either week.

Mario's QB room failure also includes not giving Emory the start against UVA. He's never been handed the keys for the week and allowed to play against a defense where he and the receivers could develop some rhythm together. It was beyond clear that TVD was not right coming into the Ga Tech game.

(It's strange that a guy with injuries seemed to get worse during the bye week.)

What's most interesting to me, was seeing TVD play a much smarter game against Louisville after watching the kid who couldnt shine his shoes keep the Canes in the game on the road, in a night game, against a top five opponent. 'Mister Competition' (Mario) refused to have any QB competition and it clearly cost the team. As soon and the competition occurred, TVD played better.

I feel bad for the man, I do.

But it’s been the same old story every season.. and I for one was over it since last season.

Starting QBs in college are are starting to make more than some starting NFL players.

It’s a results only business now due to the money they are making.

TVD and his agent held us ransom until we paid him more (undeserving may I add).. I expected 1st round play from him.. with the talent we brought in on the line, and better WR play.. with a legit defense. he mentally hits a wall yearly, on top of constantly injured.

Advertisement
I wrote a couple of weeks ago that TVD’s play was potentially injury related as opposed to scheme; that his sudden regression mirrored that of Joe Burrow. The prolific Bengals quarterback was suffering from a calf injury and threw for only 2 touchdowns his first four games. Once he had sufficiently healed, he then threw for 8 TDs in his next four games.

I imagine this came to TVD trying to gut it out, just like last year, the coaching staff believing him (and in him) and his body failing him.
And imagine standing behind that OL, which does it's best, waiting to take a shot again because your WR aren't open...

Hahaha. Well played, sir.

The people around him have failed the kid as much as the staff then. And if I'm wrong about assuming that wouldn't be the case then that's pretty eff'ed up.

The stuff I was hearing (but not fully buying) about the knee especially.
IDK why you'd doubt it. TVD has NEVER made excuses for physical injury. Last season he trotted out and tried to play vs FSU.

Emory Williams played against the two best defenses the team faced this season. The team won one game and was driving for the game-tying score in the final minutes when he went out injured. I get a little annoyed when people disrespect his abilities. He was never named a starter until 48 hours prior to either game and never given the lion's share of first team reps in either week.

Mario's QB room failure also includes not giving Emory the start against UVA. He's never been handed the keys for the week and allowed to play against a defense where he and the receivers could develop some rhythm together. It was beyond clear that TVD was not right coming into the Ga Tech game.

(It's strange that a guy with injuries seemed to get worse during the bye week.)

What's most interesting to me, was seeing TVD play a much smarter game against Louisville after watching the kid who couldnt shine his shoes keep the Canes in the game on the road, in a night game, against a top five opponent. 'Mister Competition' (Mario) refused to have any QB competition and it clearly cost the team. As soon and the competition occurred, TVD played better.

This exactly. People ****ting on Emory are outrageously ignoring the facts that this staff has mismanaged the room badly and did not set him up for success in any game.

Advertisement
IDK why you'd doubt it. TVD has NEVER made excuses for physical injury. Last season he trotted out and tried to play vs FSU.
I don't/didn't doubt it because of anything the kid has said or done. We can nitpick at body language or whatever but you're right- he has never made excuses for himself on that front.

The reason I doubted it is because I found it hard to believe that he'd have that extent of physical issues and would still be trotted out there or be allowed to trot himself out there. I assumed that he had more of a circle of people around him (outside of the staff) that are involved with protecting or advancing his interests. I thought the NIL stuff and the stuff with Baga exemplied this- but who knows? Disirregardless, he shouldn't have been or be out there after our season was shot- even if he has the heart of a lion.

Surprised no ones really talked about this.

During the game they talked above TVD having received a traumatic injury where his skin separated from the muscle and fat in his leg. This is a serious injury that most commonly occurs in bad car accidents.

That can definitely go a long way in explaining the sudden drop in play during the season. Dealing with that could be the source of a ton of pain and discomfort.

But if that was the case, *why was TVD playing?*. Why not play Emory in the easier conference games with a QB friendly game plan, and let TVD recover without further risk of making things even worse?

Were the coaches worried about losing those games by starting a freshman instead of their (apparently badly) injured star? Well we lost anyway, Emory lost reps that could have made a difference vs FSU, and TVD was at risk of having his recovery derailed. For all we know it was and why they were forced to sit him out against FSU in the first place.

Just a crazy development and insight into what went wrong this season.
no no no i heard Mario ripped up Dawson's playbook after the Temple game and he's been calling all the plays

Ole Miss brought in two qb’s to push Dart who was pretty good last year. We couldn’t bring in one smh
owe you one ... if we bring in qbs to push him we don't get the **** he pullin ... he hit us for the re-up in the offseason, now he talkin reckless about the bowl game ... tbh, not sure how you play him after those comments (unless i'm missing the context) mario has learned ALOT of lessons this year

owe you one ... if we bring in qbs to push him we don't get the **** he pullin ... he hit us for the re-up in the offseason, now he talkin reckless about the bowl game ... tbh, not sure how you play him after those comments (unless i'm missing the context) mario has learned ALOT of lessons this year
We don’t have another option. Who else would play? Especially if Jacurri is sitting out to portal or just “not ready”.

A PWO? Wildcat?

There’s only one man to blame for the QB room looking like this.

Advertisement

You could make a strong argument N. C. State and statistically Louisville are as good or better than FSUs defense.

That N. C. State defense is unique, and would be very tough for a first year true freshman QB to deal with. I thought Louisville's blitz packages were as good as I've seen this season against Miami.

You could make a strong argument N. C. State and statistically Louisville are as good or better than FSUs defense.

That N. C. State defense is unique, and would be very tough for a first year true freshman QB to deal with. I thought Louisville's blitz packages were as good as I've seen this season against Miami.
They saw Cohen is a shoulder turner in pass pro help and let him do it before a delayed blitz right behind his butt

We don’t have another option. Who else would play? Especially if Jacurri is sitting out to portal or just “not ready”.

A PWO? Wildcat?

There’s only one man to blame for the QB room looking like this.
It’s also why Judd is getting so much heat

It’s not Judds fault that Mario seems content with bringing in Emory Williams and Judd Anderson as the only two QBs in two years

He’s ******* insane

There’s still time and the portal of course but there’s no reason to expect some sort of miracle

Advertisement
Did you see Emory throw the ball against FSU?

No offense to the kid, he’s not a P5 QB as of right now. He had to play since our QB room is a disaster. He gave it his all, but a sub 35% completion percentage isn’t great.

Probably would have been similar results vs. NC State and UVA imo.
Nah I believe Emory would played better @FSU if he played the previous 2 games. He was in a huge spot on the road man. He’s deff a P5 guy just had limited reps is all not worried about him at all. Mario should’ve pulled TVD earlier and let him heal

Advertisement
Back