TVD Injury

305_separatist

Threskiornithidae
Premium
Surprised no ones really talked about this.

During the game they talked above TVD having received a traumatic injury where his skin separated from the muscle and fat in his leg. This is a serious injury that most commonly occurs in bad car accidents.

That can definitely go a long way in explaining the sudden drop in play during the season. Dealing with that could be the source of a ton of pain and discomfort.

But if that was the case, *why was TVD playing?*. Why not play Emory in the easier conference games with a QB friendly game plan, and let TVD recover without further risk of making things even worse?

Were the coaches worried about losing those games by starting a freshman instead of their (apparently badly) injured star? Well we lost anyway, Emory lost reps that could have made a difference vs FSU, and TVD was at risk of having his recovery derailed. For all we know it was and why they were forced to sit him out against FSU in the first place.

Just a crazy development and insight into what went wrong this season.

Advertisement

During the game they talked above TVD having received a traumatic injury where his skin separated from the muscle and fat in his leg. This is a serious injury that most commonly occurs in bad car accidents.

That can definitely go a long way in explaining the sudden drop in play during the season. Dealing with that could be the source of a ton of pain and discomfort.

But if that was the case, *why was TVD playing?*. Why not play Emory in the easier conference games with a QB friendly game plan, and let TVD recover without further risk of making things even worse?

Were the coaches worried about losing those games by starting a freshman instead of their (apparently badly) injured star? Well we lost anyway, Emory lost reps that could have made a difference vs FSU, and TVD was at risk of having his recovery derailed. For all we know it was and why they were forced to sit him out against FSU in the first place.

Did you see Emory throw the ball against FSU?

No offense to the kid, he’s not a P5 QB as of right now. He had to play since our QB room is a disaster. He gave it his all, but a sub 35% completion percentage isn’t great.

Probably would have been similar results vs. NC State and UVA imo.

Pretty sure the rational posters on this board told folks like you he was hurt.

No one’s talking about it because it was obvious, but people on this board decided to still drag him through the mud and make it personal attacking his character

Attachments

• IMG_9076.jpeg
    IMG_9076.jpeg
    617 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9075.jpeg
    IMG_9075.jpeg
    280.2 KB · Views: 0
Advertisement
Doesn’t it speak volumes the staff opted to ride a hurt TVD instead of Emory until they had no choice?

And FSU showed us why.
Why are you focused on Emory playing at FSU instead of

Emory against Clemson.

TVD against anyone in the stretch before today?

Emory was not ready, but healthy. And we lost *all* those games TVD played in unhealthy save Virginia where they took it out of his hands completely by the second half and OT. At least we were 50/50 in the games Emory was playing and those were our two hardest opponents except for maybe UNC.

Plenty of people were telling you he was really injured. No one on here was going into detail. But you, like many, called it an excuse.

Did you see Emory throw the ball against FSU?

No offense to the kid, he’s not a P5 QB as of right now. He had to play since our QB room is a disaster. He gave it his all, but a sub 35% completion percentage isn’t great.

Probably would have been similar results vs. NC State and UVA imo.
Compared to an injured TVD, I didn't see much difference. TVD clearly needed more time off.

Advertisement
He definitely has tougher it out and for that I give him credit. However if it is mostly a pain issue, that doesn’t explain the massive leap backwards that happened mentally. Maybe you can say the injury ****ed up his confidence, but idk bout that. Whatever the reason the result is the result - and his turnovers were game killers.

Again he showed a lot of toughness. And even the last few weeks that wasn’t what I was questioning. He had a known leg, rib, and finger injury that we knew about…wasn’t saying he wasn’t a tough competitor

***** TVD, your hurt sit the **** out instead of losing these games for us

Why are you focused on Emory playing at FSU instead of

Emory against Clemson.

TVD against anyone in the stretch before today?

Emory was not ready, but healthy. And we lost *all* those games TVD played in unhealthy save Virginia where they took it out of his hands completely by the second half and OT. At least we were 50/50 in the games Emory was playing and those were our two hardest opponents except for maybe UNC.
Emory seems like a great kid and given he’s a freshman he gets some slack. But he didn’t beat Clemson. He did nothing to lose the game but Guidry’s defense won that game. That and Klubnik’s stupid decisions.

I think it’s pretty obvious after watching TVD today why the staff felt he was still the best option. You may see it differently.

If you think about the injuries he played with I think it’s easy to understand why his mental was so wacky

Pretty sure the rational posters on this board told folks like you he was hurt.

No one’s talking about it because it was obvious, but people on this board decided to still drag him through the mud and make it personal attacking his character
@305_separatist

We have come full circle

Attachments

• IMG_9076.jpeg
    IMG_9076.jpeg
    617 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9075.jpeg
    IMG_9075.jpeg
    280.2 KB · Views: 0
Advertisement
He definitely has tougher it out and for that I give him credit. However if it is mostly a pain issue, that doesn’t explain the massive leap backwards that happened mentally. Maybe you can say the injury ****ed up his confidence, but idk bout that. Whatever the reason the result is the result - and his turnovers were game killers.

Again he showed a lot of toughness. And even the last few weeks that wasn’t what I was questioning. He had a known leg, rib, and finger injury that we knew about…wasn’t saying he wasn’t a tough competitor
You’re legitimately the worst poster on this board. I gotta put you on mute because I can’t handle the way you ride waves for attention.

You have zero idea what goes into throwing a pass or what goes into in an offense. If your right leg is dead you can’t step into ****. If you can’t grip a football your accuracy is gone.

Last edited:
I don’t recall ever hearing what the extent of the injury was to his leg. Mario and those in the know here on CIS don’t reveal injury specifics. TVD is obviously hurt worse than any of us knew about. We heard about his index finger, ribs, shoulder, and his leg but not specific details.

You’re legitimately the worst poster on this board. I gotta put you on mute because I can’t handle the way you ride waves for attention.

You have zero idea what’s goes into throwing a pass or what goes into in an offense. If your right leg is dead you can’t step into ****. If you can’t grip a football your accuracy is gone.
… am I supposed to care if you put me on mute? Lol just do it and **** up

Advertisement
I don’t recall ever hearing what the extent of the injury was to his leg. Mario and those in the know here on CIS don’t reveal injury specifics. TVD is obviously hurt worse than any of us knew about. We heard about his index finger, ribs, shoulder, and his leg but not specific details.
Here's what the sideline reporter said:

TVD was seen limping on the sideline and receiving treatment from the medical staff

" He told us in October he suffered a rare leg injury called a Morel-Lavallée lesion, where the skin separated from the muscle and fat layer on his right leg from the knee down,” McGrath said.

“It’s an injury most commonly seen in high-velocity traumas like car accidents. It causes extreme pain and swelling and he admitted it’s hampered his ability to make plays outside of the pocket. He refuses to make excuses but it is bothering him today.”

Advertisement
Back