TVD "good to go"

Advertisement
I say let's go with Emory "KOOL" Williams and open up the playbook.
Democratic National Convention Dnc GIF by Election 2016

seriously what happened to our OL vs GT and UNC? Like TVD was getting pummeled and we play a just as talented DL in Clemson and A&M and we stonewall them, especially against Clemson with QB1 and RB1 down (and I would say Parrish is our best RB in pass protection as well) but cant against GT and **** near got TVD killed against UNC?
Tyler vs UNC- 48 attempts
Emory vs Clemson- 24 attempts.
Of those 24, were there more than 3 that were more than 10 yards in the air?

Advertisement
Advertisement
You all sound stupid with this “let him rest another week” talk. None of you played football or know how it works. You don’t rest guys who are “good to go” or “cleared to play” so they can rest another week.

And he isn’t being pulled if he throws an interception and the leash didn’t get any shorter.
Yeah, but his leash did get shorter because if TVD struggles, EW is now a legitimate option to replace him. Mario preaches competition, right?

Exactly. Run the ball well and everything will be fine. Only ran for 165 against GT and it really hurt the offense. No turn overs!!!
I’m all for running the ball well, but what happens when you run out of guys to tote the rock? RB room is a MASH unit right now.

He got touched one time vs ga tech in the 4th qtr
He had all day that game
I have the same question as Cookie, but towards the Run OL... A&M and Clemson was a total different Run OL, than GT &. NC.... head scratcher as A&M/CU have by far more stout DL and defense in total.... anddddd GT had horrible Run D stats going into that game....

seriously what happened to our OL vs GT and UNC? Like TVD was getting pummeled and we play a just as talented DL in Clemson and A&M and we stonewall them, especially against Clemson with QB1 and RB1 down (and I would say Parrish is our best RB in pass protection as well) but cant against GT and **** near got TVD killed against UNC?
Emory was throwing passes in under a second. The pass calls were totally different and OL didn't need to block as long except for a couple of plays.

Advertisement
I have the same question as Cookie, but towards the Run OL... A&M and Clemson was a total different Run OL, than GT &. NC.... head scratcher as A&M/CU have by far more stout DL and defense in total.... anddddd GT had horrible Run D stats going into that game....
To me the ga tech game was parish dancing and not hitting the holes. He was terrible like 17 carries for 40 yards. Not saying the line player great but cheaney didn't have the same issues.
Someone mentioned we were tipping off the run plays early on maybe

Advertisement
If TVD is 100%, you obviously start him. Having said that, I'd feel a lot more comfortable rocking with Emory over a 75-90% TVD

GT-
We all saw the BGU/GT game (including the team), too easy...right?
I think if GT had beaten BGU comfortably there would have been a different outcome in our game.

UNC-
Parish, Chaney, and Allen had 20 carries for 109 yards (5.5 ypc). The rest were Tyler neg plays attempting to pass.

Anyone that wants TVD to leave after this year, wants emory to start going forward, or any other bogusness is just dumb.

I could use other words but sometimes a word like "dumbass" doesn't fit because that's more of an insult. Calling someone dumb isn't meant as an insult here, but just implying that they lack intelligence and that's what it boils down to for anyone that doesn't want TVD to be our starting QB for as long as possible.

if anything, his ****** performance against GT might have kept him from going pro after this year, which in the long run, might be better because we'll have a better supporting cast and team surrounding the QB next year.
I think regardless of whether or not TVD stays or not, I say you still bring in a portal qb to compete

The only thing I hope the coaches stress to TVD after Saturday’s game is; you don’t need to be a hero. Just don’t turn the ball over and let our defense do its thing. We don’t need to score 40 or any such nonsense. We can beat UVA 24-14 and it’s a good win because all conference wins are good wins. To me college football’s regular season should be approached with the same philosophy as the NC2A basketball tournament. Survive and advance. No one cares about style points in basketball. And no one should in football. Not coaches, players, and definitely not fans. We are the greatest offenders of all.

Don’t force throws, be willing to throw the ball away, a sack is better than an INT, take the check down. Stop with the INT’s and we can win a lot of games.
Yes we need to limit turnovers no doubt.

**** NAH on the bolded. This ain’t Iowa. 24 points is not enough to beat most teams. Asking our defense to repeat last week’s performance is not realistic. Nor should the offense have to rely on the defense because “we’re only going to score 3 TDs.”

Can we win with that score? Sure but score 30+ and put the game away. No need to go back to a 2018 team that relies on its defense to win games. Dawson is the man let’s have him win the game with TVD since Guidry and the boys won it last week.

Advertisement
Back