TVD "good to go"

Advertisement
If the OL plays like they did on Saturday, TVD can beat any defense in the country.

200 yards of rushing AND zero sacks (and only got hit once?).

TVD would pick apart other defenses with that kind of protection and running game.

Hi stakes return for him.

Goes great, great.

He so much as throws an incompletion let alone another INT with 2 other receivers open you doesn't look at, CIS goes Chernobyl calling for Emory...

TVD needs to take a pregame **** and eat a Snickers. Dude looks constipated most of the time and he ain't him when he's hungry.

Emory time is an interception away--**** around. The powerplant is primed for detonation.

Animated GIF
Power Satisfying GIF by EDF Officiel
Loop Power GIF by xponentialdesign

Advertisement
If the OL plays like they did on Saturday, TVD can beat any defense in the country.

TVD would pick apart other defenses with that kind of protection and running game.
seriously what happened to our OL vs GT and UNC? Like TVD was getting pummeled and we play a just as talented DL in Clemson and A&M and we stonewall them, especially against Clemson with QB1 and RB1 down (and I would say Parrish is our best RB in pass protection as well) but cant against GT and **** near got TVD killed against UNC?

You all sound stupid with this ā€œlet him rest another weekā€ talk. None of you played football or know how it works. You donā€™t rest guys who are ā€œgood to goā€ or ā€œcleared to playā€ so they can rest another week.

And he isnā€™t being pulled if he throws an interception and the leash didnā€™t get any shorter.

Advertisement
The only thing I hope the coaches stress to TVD after Saturdayā€™s game is; you donā€™t need to be a hero. Just donā€™t turn the ball over and let our defense do its thing. We donā€™t need to score 40 or any such nonsense. We can beat UVA 24-14 and itā€™s a good win because all conference wins are good wins. To me college footballā€™s regular season should be approached with the same philosophy as the NC2A basketball tournament. Survive and advance. No one cares about style points in basketball. And no one should in football. Not coaches, players, and definitely not fans. We are the greatest offenders of all.

Donā€™t force throws, be willing to throw the ball away, a sack is better than an INT, take the check down. Stop with the INTā€™s and we can win a lot of games.

Part of that was the type of playcalls we ran and the dropbacks Emory had to make. Nearly everything was quick.

Advertisement
ā€œsORry TvD, yOu GOt a sHoRT LeaSh, eMoRy WiLLiAmS tIMeā€

PlayerMetricACC Rank (14 Teams)NCAA Rank
TVDRating1st7th
TVDCompletion %1stT-12th
TVDYards Per Attempt1st9th
TVDTDs1stT-12th
Again just seeing stats and not seeing things with context is one of the issues we suffer as fans. Yes stats look great but the individual efforts by the receivers need to be included as context. Some receivers have made special plays that were supposed to be short gains into big gains. Texas A&M game is a prime example. And I can admit that there have been drops that were perfectly thrown by TVD but letā€™s not be fooled by numbers. Itā€™s like Lebron fans saying heā€™s the šŸ now that heā€™s the points leader.

And Ohio State fans want to fire Ryan Day. People are morons.

Comparing TVD to Ryan Day might actually be the most absurd thing posted on this board today.

TVD is 3-2 against FBS programs this season. He is one game over .500 for his career.

He has never beaten a top tier ACC team.

He had a great freshman campaign. He crashed and burned badly his sophomore year. He started his junior year well but was a big part of why we lost to Tech and was far from special against UNC.

He is a decent quarterback with superb physical tools who is prone to some extreme tunnel vision and situational blindness. His leadership skills are marginal at best. He exhibits favoritism with his targets (Clemson was the first FBS game where Restrepo didnā€™t lap every other receiver in targets and catches).

The TVD sycophants are really his worst enemy because he is not close to who they want him to be.

Advertisement
We just went to double OT to beat a so-so Clemson, let's not act like we can take any team for granted.
If he's ready start him.
Clemson is strong. They're some fumble variance away from being undefeated, honestly.

I think Miami is pretty strong, though they have played a pretty meh schedule to date. PFF has Miami #3 overall in their grading and one of the unluckiest team in America, though I don't quite buy into them that much.

Clemson is strong. They're some fumble variance away from being undefeated, honestly.

I think Miami is pretty strong, though they have played a pretty meh schedule to date. PFF has Miami #3 overall in their grading and one of the unluckiest team in America, though I don't quite buy into them that much.
I don't necessarily disagree, but the UNC game has me questioning. GT was a win for all intents and purposes, UNC on the other hand we got pushed around in the second half, I had hoped we were beyond that.

I wouldn't believe Mario in anything related to teams injuries. TVD couldn't even walk earlier in the week, I would let him take another week off. I think we can beat Virginia at home with just a ground and pound gameplan and good defense. I want TVD near 100% not at 50%

Advertisement
Back