Tuesday signing Surprise

Ivins said "It's not a QB and it's not a kid in the Top247. If it happens it wouldn't be viewed as a major addition like D'Eriq King or Quincy Roche, but it would make some sense from a roster management standpoint. "
D$ isn’t taking 2 Ls in a row. Listen to him. And trust Lashlee’s eval, if you don’t trust the Pirate’s.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I believe Allen HS is in the biggest classification in Texas, so they're not playing slouches, and this kid led his team to an 11-1 record, threw for 2800 yards and ran for another 500+ with 36 total TDs. Probably a pretty solid athlete. He's just really small.
If you think back to all of Gus's O, it seems like they like having a small quick back in the backfield at times. Ran a 14.5 110 hurdle

If you think back to all of Gus's O, it seems like they having a small quick back to hide back there.

Really? When I think Gus, I think big backs traditionally. Yeah, they have Shivers now but I think Cameron Artis-Payne, Tre Mason, Kerryon Johnson, Pettway, Peyton Barber. All dudes that are like 210+ or more.

They do usually give a lot of guys carries though.

Advertisement
If you think back to all of Gus's O, it seems like they like having a small quick back in the backfield at times. Ran a 14.5 110 hurdle
We have Knighton that could play out of the H but that Sharpe kid is definitely a take.

Really? When I think Gus, I think big backs traditionally. Yeah, they have Shivers now but I think Cameron Artis-Payne, Tre Mason, Kerryon Johnson, Pettway, Peyton Barber.

They do usually give a lot of guys carries though.
Not as the main back but as a change of pace guy. Shivers and the McCalebb kid from 2010 are the main 2 that popped in my head.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I believe Allen HS is in the biggest classification in Texas, so they're not playing slouches, and this kid led his team to an 11-1 record, threw for 2800 yards and ran for another 500+ with 36 total TDs. Probably a pretty solid athlete. He's just really small.
He's a sprinter, pure athlete.

I'd take him if we can get him in as an EE, or even if he can come in May, we need another WR & while a GT WR would be more ideal I got no problem taking a speedster that at the very least can be a KR/PR.

And Allen TX plays some of the best comp in the nation, very good program.

I've been harping on building a pipeline into Tejas for years now, hopefully with Lash here he pushes Diaz into going down there more often.

He's a sprinter, pure athlete.

I'd take him if we can get him in as an EE, or even if he can come in May, we need another WR & while a GT WR would be more ideal I got no problem taking a speedster that at the very least can be a KR/PR.

And Allen TX plays some of the best comp in the nation, very good program.

I've been harping on building a pipeline into Tejas for years now, hopefully with Lash here he pushes Diaz into going down there more often.

Yup. And we're finally going to have an offensive scheme predicated and centered on getting kids the ball in space. These are the types of kids who can excel in that role. You're not running this kid on vertical routes in the redzone and you're not running him in a zone-read game, but on fly sweeps/jets/bubbles/crosses/screens.....I'm 150% in favor of more speed on this offense. I don't see anyone on this offense who frightens me as a DC with Maserati jets.

Advertisement
Back