Trevonte Citizen injury considered serious [Sep 23 - *may* return this year]

Advertisement
Some of you guys are just plain silly. A kid with an awesome High school highlight film is going to come in and start in front of guys who've actually played in a college football game.

Oh the drugs are good...

?
I never said “start”. I just think he was going to play a lot and his PT would have increased as the year went on. It’s not like all the guys in front of him are Doak Walker award candidates, but I hear you my man.

Some of you guys are just plain silly. A kid with an awesome High school highlight film is going to come in and start in front of guys who've actually played in a college football game.

Oh the drugs are good...

Well, any freshman who comes in and starts in front of guys who’ve played in a college game will likely have an awesome high school highlight reel. Just saying

Advertisement
Well, any freshman who comes in and starts in front of guys who’ve played in a college game will likely have an awesome high school highlight reel. Just saying
You do realize that Rooster, Don, and Parish all have awesome highlight reels too right.

All I'm saying is we have RB's that are really good and I just didn't see him coming in and taking over. I saw him as a kid that would come in during Mopup duty.

karate-kid-daniel.gif

Advertisement
Are y’all hearing yourselves? Time for Thad and Don to step? SMH. Citizen was behind those two.
He's not going to be ahead of them as a true FR after 5 practices. But if he's a better back, he'll play more, regardless of who starts (assuming he's healthy and prepared).

Advertisement
People keep forgetting that even with great backs, getting tons of playing time in their first year, especially right off the bat, is extremely uncommon. Mainly because of trying to pick up the playbook and especially blocking schemes. You don’t want your quarterback getting killed.

Advertisement

He suffered what was described as a “significant“ injury Saturday night. What that actually means remains to be seen. Coach Cristobal mentioned that he’s going to be further evaluated and at the appropriate time more details could be released.

On a personal note this is just really sad news, like a punch in the stomach. The best wishes to him and his family and for his speedy and full recovery
🙏🏾

People keep forgetting that even with great backs, getting tons of playing time in their first year, especially right off the bat, is extremely uncommon. Mainly because of trying to pick up the playbook and especially blocking schemes. You don’t want your quarterback getting killed.
Facts, but I think that in our case, this is minimized to some extent due to the fact that all of our backs are learning a new system and blocking scheme. Regardless, I'm sure the other backs' experience in other college systems gives them some advantage over a guy coming in right out of high school.

Advertisement
Back