Trevonte Citizen injury considered serious [Sep 23 - *may* return this year]

Advertisement
People keep forgetting that even with great backs, getting tons of playing time in their first year, especially right off the bat, is extremely uncommon. Mainly because of trying to pick up the playbook and especially blocking schemes. You don’t want your quarterback getting killed.
Finally someone with football sense. Bravo

I deleted the initial thread because I wanted to see the video with full context. Now that the video is out, the thread is back.

A player yesterday said he thought it was just a hyperextension, but there is always a lot of misinformation with injuries. It’s interesting that they haven’t confirmed the exact injury yet. Chaney was confirmed as an ACL the following Monday.

Might have to wait for swelling to go down before they can do an mri.

We can't have nice things.. we get an SEC RB and just like that he is gone.. @gacaneaddict

the usual suspects GIF

Parrish is a former SEC back if I’m not mistaken. **** not sure why you cats always crowning the recruits before they play a down. CIS at it’s finest.

Advertisement
If it were a torn acl we would know by now. If it were a hyperextended knee we would know by now. Clearly not either of those.
But, if he did hyperextend his knee, it could be a PCL. Which is common with a hyperextended knee. A complete tear could put him out longer than a partial. A sprain could be a couple of weeks. BUT,.. need an MRI to determine. Just sayin’

Mario's quote means nothing. He says Citizen's injury is "more significant" than Horton who will be back in 3-4 days. So it could means he's out 2 weeks, or the season. Good luck with the tea leaves. That's why mods are deleting, cause no one knows.

Right after that he did reiterate that, quote, "it is significant".

Your rationale makes no sense. It could be either one of those.

I remember back in 1999 when Najeh Davenport limped out of opener vs Ohio State, many folks speculated it was a minor injury because he walked himself to the sidelines without assistance or stretcher.....we learned the next day that he shredded his knee...which is why it is a waste of time to speculate based on what a bystander, even a coach, says.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don't think it's too early to tell all you "anti-mopes" to **** off. If we can't discuss ANYTHING, what's the point of this website?

Advertisement
Lot of stupidball being played in this thread. Didn’t bring my glove. It’ll be whatever it is. they’ll give us an answer when they have one

Advertisement
I remember back in 1999 when Najeh Davenport limped out of opener vs Ohio State, many folks speculated it was a minor injury because he walked himself to the sidelines without assistance or stretcher.....we learned the next day that he shredded his knee...which is waste of time to speculate based on what a bystander, even a coach, says.
I was at that game and I was shouting at the trainers to stop stretching his leg to get a cramp out and he shouldn’t be walking because it was obvious to me that he tore something.

Advertisement
Back