Trevonte Citizen injury considered serious [Sep 23 - *may* return this year]

Advertisement
The mods keep deleting these threads, which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

But hey, I guess we treat injury news around here like the coaches do. The FBI will have to raid the Hecht to get the results of this dude's MRI, but until then, we'll just pretend like it never happened.

I deleted the initial thread because I wanted to see the video with full context. Now that the video is out, the thread is back.

A player yesterday said he thought it was just a hyperextension, but there is always a lot of misinformation with injuries. It’s interesting that they haven’t confirmed the exact injury yet. Chaney was confirmed as an ACL the following Monday.

How is that hyperbole?

The Head Coach of the football team, TODAY, said the injury was "more significant" than Horton's 3-4 day injury, then said "It's significant" AGAIN after that. The dude is hurt. I made a thread, and others did as well, saying "Damnit. A guy who we had crazy high hopes for is hurt. Our head coach said it's significant. Let's hope it's nothing majorly major, etc etc" and those posts are wiped off the face of the earth LMAO.

But please, let's have more threads of "I think the staff is gonna have the boys ready to play this year!" Those are productive and generate good conversation.
I agree capitalism does not work. In Mario we trust.

How is that hyperbole?

The Head Coach of the football team, TODAY, said the injury was "more significant" than Horton's 3-4 day injury, then said "It's significant" AGAIN after that. The dude is hurt. I made a thread, and others did as well, saying "Damnit. A guy who we had crazy high hopes for is hurt. Our head coach said it's significant. Let's hope it's nothing majorly major, etc etc" and those posts are wiped off the face of the earth LMAO.

But please, let's have more threads of "I think the staff is gonna have the boys ready to play this year!" Those are productive and generate good conversation.
Talk to @DMoney if you have questions about whatever was deleted. I’m on intermittently

Advertisement
Lol this program man. Football gods see us super excited about a running back and boom. Only player that gets hurt in scrimmage.

Mario's quote means nothing. He says Citizen's injury is "more significant" than Horton who will be back in 3-4 days. So it could means he's out 2 weeks, or the season. Good luck with the tea leaves. That's why mods are deleting, cause no one knows.
No there is another quote after in the post practice vid you can listen to yourself. He say it is in fact significant on its own terms. Hopefully it’s not an ACL but it will def impact his potential playing time at least early in the season.

This is Mario’s exact quote: (care of the Miami Herald)

[TreVonte’ is a little bit more significant and we’re continuing to assess and evaluate,’’ the coach said. “It’s going to require some time and we’ll give a full description of it when it’s time. But it’s significant. We saw that.]’’

What that means exactly, no one actually knows.

My initial impression was that it was a serious injury.

But upon reflection, it could mean anything from something like a hyperextended knee out for a couple of weeks, to something more serious, and out for a significant amount of time.

At this point nothing more will be known until the appropriate diagnostic tests are completed, and both he, his family and the school are ready to release it.

Other than that, it would be imprudent to jump to any conclusions in either direction.

“TreVonte’ is a little bit more significant and we’re continuing to assess and evaluate,’’ the coach said. “It’s going to require some time and we’ll give a full description of it when it’s time. But it’s significant. We saw that.’’

My initial impression was that it was a serious injury.

But upon reflection, it could mean anything from something like a hyperextended knee out for a couple of weeks, to something more serious, and out for a significant amount of time.

At this point nothing more will be known until the appropriate diagnostic test are completed, and both he, his family and the school are ready to release it.

Other than that, it would be imprudent to jump to any conclusions in either direction.
Right, all we know for sure is that it was more serious than Horton's injury

Advertisement
I deleted the initial thread because I wanted to see the video with full context. Now that the video is out, the thread is back.

A player yesterday said he thought it was just a hyperextension, but there is always a lot of misinformation with injuries. It’s interesting that they haven’t confirmed the exact injury yet. Chaney was confirmed as an ACL the following Monday.

Still doesn’t make sense to me, but fair enough. I appreciate the explanation.

As far as the actual situation, I agree. He has to have gotten an MRI by now.

[TreVonte’ is a little bit more significant and we’re continuing to assess and evaluate,’’ the coach said. “It’s going to require some time and we’ll give a full description of it when it’s time. But it’s significant. We saw that.]’’

Say this louder so the speculators will pipe down and wait on exact information to be released. All the speculation doesn’t do anybody any good other than those that want to make a spectacle of themselves.

The mods keep deleting these threads, which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

But hey, I guess we treat injury news around here like the coaches do. The FBI will have to raid the Hecht to get the results of this dude's MRI, but until then, we'll just pretend like it never happened.
It's CIS nothing makes sense 🤷‍♂️

Advertisement
Let the kid redshirt and get back to full strength for next year. He wasn't going to play that much this year anyway.

Advertisement
Bruh. I got sauces. I was getting some chik fil a earlier and heard 2 narratives. This is either Mario making stuff up to push him down the depth chart or he had Ruiz pay the D to take him out so he doesn’t have to give Citizen the starting job that he was promised when he committed.

Oh shoot thought I was on gatorcountry

Last edited:
Coach saying his injury is "a little bit more significant" than Horton's, after saying Horton would be out a couple of days, followed by "we're continuing to assess and evaluate" does not sound like a torn ACL or MCL to me. There isn't much assessment and evaluation to be done once the ligament is torn, it's just recovery. I don't wanna speculate too much, but if there was some word of a possible knee hyperextension, it sounds like a significant sprain that could have him out several weeks but not for the entire season.

Eh, lol. He was going to play and was going to play a lot. Let's all just relax until we get final word on the severity of this (and yes I understand that will probably take a while).
He's was in line to be 4th string. So if you say that's a lot then I guess so.

Advertisement
Back