Treon Harris beats out Will Grier for Gators backup job

Advertisement
Now their corch is saying he is only the backup for week one because he brings a different element

The roster moves of a 4-8 program aren't really relevant to us, but thought I'd provide an update on a polarizing local player. Looks like

Treon Harris has beaten out the much-heralded Will Grier for the Gators number 2 job. Considering how bad Driskel is, he will probably end up starting before year's end.

Kaaya is right the guy for us, so this isn't second-guessing anything on the Canes side. But it always brings a smile to my face when a local guy beats out a more-hyped out of stater. The gap between South Florida and the rest of the country gets bigger every year.

Sorry D, but there is no way Treon, or Grier for that matter, will surpass Driskel as QB1. Muschamp is pretty much fighting for his job and, barring injury, it is highly unlikely that he'll pull his QB that's in his 4th yr for a freshman (whether he is an EE or not).

The gators have 2 cupcakes and KY the first three weeks, then play @ Tuscaloosa. Obviously, no one expects them to win there. Driskel isn't a great QB, but he fits Roper's system better than Pease's.

Not trying to hijack this thread, but saying that Treon will 'probably' be the starter by year's end is pretty ridiculous.

That being said, Go Canes! (Just stuck here in G'ville, for now).

I hope he fails miserably. Sorry, I'll never root for any S. Fl player that had an offer from Miami and didn't choose them.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Now their corch is saying he is only the backup for week one because he brings a different element

Lol... He brings a different element to play Idaho? Well Georgia Southern did beat that *** last year so maybe that coward is worried.

Will Grier's competition in HS was laughable he was playing against the little sisters of the poor, meanwhile Treon was practicing against D. Jackson and 99 every day

Will Grier is going to be garbage in college just like Driskell

Advertisement
The roster moves of a 4-8 program aren't really relevant to us, but thought I'd provide an update on a polarizing local player. Looks like

Treon Harris has beaten out the much-heralded Will Grier for the Gators number 2 job. Considering how bad Driskel is, he will probably end up starting before year's end.

Kaaya is right the guy for us, so this isn't second-guessing anything on the Canes side. But it always brings a smile to my face when a local guy beats out a more-hyped out of stater. The gap between South Florida and the rest of the country gets bigger every year.

Isn't that like saying that Confused Pete beat out DBC for the biggest 'tard in town?

Advertisement

Treon can run some wildcat QB and they are thinking about playing him throughout the season to keep hits off Jeff. It is not really a week 1 thing but a whole season thing. They would like to red shirt Grier so there is some class separation.

This reminds me of Tate and D. Robinson... Harris is going to make plays with every opportunity to he gets... He's going to run away with that position...

Advertisement
AuCane,yes, I enjoyed him to. now we play a little golf together as much as we can.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back