Treon Harris beats out Will Grier for Gators backup job

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
The roster moves of a 4-8 program aren't really relevant to us, but thought I'd provide an update on a polarizing local player. Looks like

Treon Harris has beaten out the much-heralded Will Grier for the Gators number 2 job. Considering how bad Driskel is, he will probably end up starting before year's end.

Kaaya is right the guy for us, so this isn't second-guessing anything on the Canes side. But it always brings a smile to my face when a local guy beats out a more-hyped out of stater. The gap between South Florida and the rest of the country gets bigger every year.

Advertisement
It's whatever to us now but also consider this, Grier was an EE so yes Treon played very well but god Grier was overhyped if he can't beat out Treon with MONTHS of time to prepare

Advertisement
This really affects my philosophy on life...am I going to have to deal with positive feelings for a Gator player and, gasp, root for him? I can't find a reason to dislike Treon. What do I do?

Best case scenario would have been Treon losing the competition to Grier, and then deciding to transfer back to Miami in a couple of years to play WR with his pops on the staff.

Hey, I can dream, right?

Advertisement
I will still root against the Gators every game they play unless them winning that game somehow benefits Miami.

Last edited:
I guess Grier isn't that great when he has to play in an offense thats different from the one he has played in since he was a toddler.

This really affects my philosophy on life...am I going to have to deal with positive feelings for a Gator player and, gasp, root for him? I can't find a reason to dislike Treon. What do I do?

He's a gator... you don't need any other reason than this one to dislike him!

was never impressed with Grier. Watched him in the Opening and was really underwhelmed. Not to mention his on-field demeanor. He'll flame out.

Good for treon.

Advertisement
So jobber on ESPN was talking about Driskel getting Heisman votes...........:eek:h_gif_kid:

Advertisement
Grier to me was always overrated. It was why I was going ape**** when he was supposed to be the only QB in our class. The guy played day-school ball, I mean they had linemen out there who were 5'9 190, his comp was horrific. Never understood what all the hype was about.

But I think the QB we have in this class (Jones) is better than both.

All of the sofla kids UF got last recruiting class are going to ball out for UF. Dont think Treon will start unless Driskel gets hurt.

Agree. But the gates will never start a black quarterback for an entire season. Been here all my life haven't seen it. If it does happen coach will is definitely gone.

Advertisement
Back