Treon Harris Assessment

Treon is 5'11 but closer to 6'0. Even with or slightly taller than Johnny Manziel judging from a picture of the 2 together at The Opening over the summer.

Brandon has stayed out of his recruiting.

I mean we can all agree mentors are crucial in any decision and industry you are in. Why has Brandon stayed out? Just asking if you do know, or have read anything.

Advertisement
He's stayed out because he feels Treon will succeed wherever he chooses of the 4 schools. His dad and older brother, have guided him this far so he's not short on mentors.

He will prove all of the naysayers wrong who make statements that "he's a DB" and "he will never start as a QB at FSU". No high school QB in the state the past 3 years have had more success. Continue to add fuel to the fire that will eventually make you look silly just as Teddy Bridgewater did.

Sometimes I wonder, where is Brandon Harris in all of this? Isn't that Ice's son and Treon's brother?

It still irks me to see Kelvin at FSU when he could have played with his brother for at least 1 year and balled out here.

I thought Kelvin and Travis weren't related

This might sound like an obvious comparison, but I see a ton of Everett Golson in Harris except Harris is twice the athlete. Golson was in the same boat as Harris, a talented QB in high school with ridiculous numbers, but people had questions about his height. Strong Arm, Accurate, Mobile and has tremendous football IQ.

I thought Miami should have offered following his spring game and the latest being the summer, but when you offer him a month before signing day it's almost a sign of disrespect.

Lol yeah he must feel so disrespected to give Miami his final OV.

Offering Skai Moore last minute is disrespectful, not what they done with Treon.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'd love to have Treon, greatly prefer him to Rosier, and would be happy to have him in this class as either a QB or ATH.

But I'm really, really baffled at the thought of him being better than Kaaya in any system. That's crazy, IMO. Kaaya is an outstanding talent and the most important recruit in this class. It's possible to talk up one player currently committed to another school without unnecessarily questioning one who's been rock solid to UM ever since he gave his verbal commitment.
Stiff hips, velocity issues, mobility issues, kind of raw. He looks like a Jason Campbell type, not saying he is Jason. Jason was a 1st round NFL draft pick.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The shortest QB to start for Jimbo since 1998, during his stints as a QB Coach or OC or HC at either AU/LSU or FSU, was 6'2" Matt Mauck from 02-04. The shortest QB to start for Jimbo while at FSU was CPonder at 6'3". He has a certain type of QB he looks for and recruits. It's not Treon. Now I'm not going to argue with you that the kid can't sling the ball. I'm just going to argue that he won't play at FSU because he isn't Jimbo's type. And you can argue that "Oh look he won a NC at LSU with the shortest kid." Well he won another one at LSU with 6'3" MFlynn and just won another one with 6'5" Rapeston.

Last edited:
Russell never won a championship... It was Matt Flynn... That being said, you can't declare the kid would never start... The game has evolved and the boy can throw... We'll se what happens if he sticks... So far Jimbo has had commitments from 3 qbs who are 6ft and shorter... We'll see what happens.. Right now they rave about J. Franklin who's like 5'10 was 2013 lone qb, Harris is 5'11 and he's this years qb and 6ft DeAndre Johnsin is next years commitment... You don't take that many qbs and don't play any if then... Especially when Consentino is viewed as a project... Pitt didn't even want him...

Russell never won a championship... It was Matt Flynn... That being said, you can't declare the kid would never start... The game has evolved and the boy can throw... We'll se what happens if he sticks... So far Jimbo has had commitments from 3 qbs who are 6ft and shorter... We'll see what happens.. Right now they rave about J. Franklin who's like 5'10 was 2013 lone qb, Harris is 5'11 and he's this years qb and 6ft DeAndre Johnsin is next years commitment... You don't take that many qbs and don't play any if then... Especially when Consentino is viewed as a project... Pitt didn't even want him...

I don't know where you get that JJ is viewed as a prospect? Many up here, yes I have lived in Tallahssee for 2 years now and everyone I know is an FSU fan, views the kid JJ as the future. And everyone is waiting for John Franklin to move somewhere else. Most I heard about him is how he great as the scout team QB in preparing the defense for Nick Marshall. Like I said before I'm not arguing Treon can't play. I'm arguing he won't play at FSU because he is not what they look for.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back