Treon Harris Assessment

towner4life

Recruit
Senior Highlights
http://youtu.be/tLRGkfKxHqw

Most people look at his height and tries to make the assessment that he's not a QB. Watch this kid play football and study the QB position and you'll know that assessment is all wrong. His mechanics are pretty solid for a kid most label as an "athlete". You have a kid that can make all the throws. His arm is strong enough although some say it's not, and I really don't know why. He's throws the ball effortlessly and he's always pretty accurate. The weight transfer from his legs is on point, when rolling to his left he does a great job of turning his shoulders to make accurate passes, and the ability that he has to extend plays is second to none. This is a kid who is looking to just take off and run when things breakdown, although he can do that and be successful, but he wants to extend the play and get the ball to his WRs. He also does a good job of feeling pressure and either moving away or back spinning to get away. When moving, he also showed the ability to stop and reset his feet quickly before throwing the ball.

Miami Nike Training Camp
http://youtu.be/KfheWj_EDjg

Miami BTW vs University School
Harris to Hopkins
http://youtu.be/l1NMQuGZxVM

Junior Highlights
http://youtu.be/50ldsvjgseA

Advertisement
No clue why teams like Baylor, Oregon, or Arizona didnt pull out all the stops for this kid. He would kill it in all of those offenses. I know he lacks ideal size but he knows how to run that spread offense.

could be our Russell Wilson...he has the goods watched him 3 or 4 times this year all he does is win...

kids like this have something to prove, if he is able to push in college and the right coaches develop him he can be one of those stories where nobody wanted him at QB and now he is killing it.

Advertisement
Always been a fan of this kid, wanted us to offer him early Spring 2013. I hate our staff.

Good post by OP, by far the best QB eval I've seen on this site, going beyond the simple analysis of calling him a "playmaker" or focusing on physical tools only.

This guy needs to be on our roster like Denard Robinson should have been. Let them have a fair shot at playing QB, and if it doesn't work out. Talk to them about moving to another position.

Ok seriously, they gave A.J. Highsmith (I know it was previous staff) a shot at QB before moving him to safety, but can't grant the kid the same luxury? Just give him his shot and if it doesn't work, then give him the choice to move!

Don't understand what took so long!

Bottom line - if he's 5-10, 180, the odds are against him at succeeding at high d1a.

Advertisement
kids like this have something to prove, if he is able to push in college and the right coaches develop him he can be one of those stories where nobody wanted him at QB and now he is killing it.

EXACTLY!! Everybody doesn't realize that all this kid has heard since he began at Booker T was that he wasn't good enough or he wasn't better than ****y over at Jackson, or Sean at University School, or that he wasn't quite tall enough to be a BCS Level QB. All he's ever done was blow out ****y's team for 3 seasons, blow out Sean's team, play for 3 state titles, win 2 state titles and a national title. This has all the signs of just one of those stories. He had all of this success without publicly whining about anything negative being said about him. All he did was win and put up big numbers and shined in the biggest games.

We have a legit shot or are we that late to the party? Maybe he finally realizes he won't get burn at FSU as a QB w/ ****' success now after we "finally" show him love

No clue why teams like Baylor, Oregon, or Arizona didnt pull out all the stops for this kid. He would kill it in all of those offenses. I know he lacks ideal size but he knows how to run that spread offense.

Arizona was on him pretty hard but he didn't want to go that far west.

We have a legit shot or are we that late to the party? Maybe he finally realizes he won't get burn at FSU as a QB w/ ****' success now after we "finally" show him love

If he decides on FSU or Auburn he'll redshirt next season and he's fine with that. Miami and Florida both have a situation to compete to play right away which I believe he can at both places.

Advertisement
I just don't think he's that good of a qb period. Could be a heck of a DB for sure.

In the right system, he can be a successful college QB. Would fit perfectly in what Auburn runs. Do we have a legit shot and is there mutual interest?

Famous **** will most likely only be there one more year. Don't think he'd be too upset with not playing as a freshman.

Advertisement
Amazing athlete and from a feeder school (or was a feeder school).... Do whatever is needed to bring him in here. Let him compete at QB...

I've seen play numerous times, and the thing that impresses me most is his ability to spread the ball. He is a true point guard. There was not a more valuable player in South Florida this year.

we have a guy like malik committed but pass up on a flyer from down here who could maybe catch the hint his money position is elsewhere..

Ok seriously, they gave A.J. Highsmith (I know it was previous staff) a shot at QB before moving him to safety, but can't grant the kid the same luxury? Just give him his shot and if it doesn't work, then give him the choice to move!

Don't understand what took so long!

It was more like they didn't have anyone to play back up QB because Randy had all his eggs in one basket. Plus, AJ's dad was not really a threat to cause a race wall if his son had to switch positions. I don't think Al's trusted Ice much last spring. I thought we should give the kid a shot--better than our other non-Kaaya recruits, but Ice, Luke and Selio's mouths gave me second thoughts. FSU doesn't have that risk. They enslaved that LB from last year and not a peep out of Ice and others. THE U doesn't get that slack. I like drop back pocket passers, like all our NCs qbs have been. That is our DNA, but if we are going dual threat, then Harris is certainly the one I would have real high on our list. Hope he flips.

Advertisement
Back