Trayone Gray

Advertisement
Found out from the clearinghouse he is one credit short so he has to take a summer class now. Says he should still be good for fall camp and UM coaches told him they want him to play in 1st game at louisville.

somebody tell me where he is gonna take this class...

Same place Mark Walton took his classes...hey thats why we hired ice he's well connected in dade county.

we can't just send him to Champagnat to get a credit? I mean that school's good enough for the NCAA when it comes to $EC schools do we shouldn't have a problem....

If he's missing a high school credit he got two choices..Hopefully it was one of the few courses that Dade CPunty schools is offering this summer( highly unlikely) or he is already taking online course that finishes in the next two weeks( which Clearing house love to flag) He needs to make up a year long credit in a few weeks. Lets hope he knew this months ago because if he didnt...

37.gif

sometimes the truth hurts!!! thanks bleak, I mean Black...**** I want this kid to get in.

Advertisement
There not that good, valentine still has not qualified at lsu

really? thats prob why he decommitted he probly felt he had a better chacne of getting in , if he has to go to prep school for a year hes not going to go to lsu

Last edited:
What's a little more troubling to me than the one credit that he is short, is the fact that the article also says that he has not looked at the playbook yet.

I'm assuming that he has had a few weeks? months? to get into the playbook and try to get it down.

A college playbook is a big learning curve for many young players.

Gray coming in late, coupled with not having a chance to study the playbook yet leads me to believe that this kid really needs to redshirt this year.

Gray could be one of those guys that picks up new information quickly but I just don't see how he is going to be ready by Louisville.

JMO

UM doesn't give out a play book until the players are completely qualified, because if not then they could take it elsewhere without penalty if they don't get into UM.

@Timcanes thx for sharing the info!

Go Canes

Go Canes

The fact that he doesn't have a playbook just means staff really believes he will not make it in.

Or it could mean that he was busting his *** trying to qualify first!!
or it could mean he didn't get a playbook because they are unsure he would qualify. Kayaa, D jax, Chad Thomas, Hester,Courtel,rosier all had play books before they hit campus.

I hear ya, I'm going to go with the kid is trying to get it done it done, not worried about looking at a playbook. Kid took NO visits outside one to coral gables. He is focused, may have messed up in early in the year and prior years, but seems like he is working to get it done.

Where did Walton take his class?

Hoping Chocolate will make it in.

Found out from the clearinghouse he is one credit short so he has to take a summer class now. Says he should still be good for fall camp and UM coaches told him they want him to play in 1st game at louisville.

somebody tell me where he is gonna take this class...

Same place Mark Walton took his classes...hey thats why we hired ice he's well connected in dade county.

Advertisement
He will take the class online. Would be an absolute steal. 4-star talent easily.

Advertisement
Summer online classes started about 2 weeks ago so he is probably doing that, which if it is only one credit shouldn't be a problem. Some people think that an online class will get flagged but really that is only in the SEC cause of a specific rule about online classes. Now if Miami wants him to play a specific spot against Louisville, I really only see him doing returner, he has to catch up on everyone else in learning the positions and plays and how they want him in what, 2 weeks? I just don't see it happening. Also
"I weightlift, go and run hills and do footwork drills," Gray said.
what hills? Where are these hills in Miami?!

Yea in Miami check out his IG and also I guarantee he redshirts
Summer online classes started about 2 weeks ago so he is probably doing that, which if it is only one credit shouldn't be a problem. Some people think that an online class will get flagged but really that is only in the SEC cause of a specific rule about online classes. Now if Miami wants him to play a specific spot against Louisville, I really only see him doing returner, he has to catch up on everyone else in learning the positions and plays and how they want him in what, 2 weeks? I just don't see it happening. Also
"I weightlift, go and run hills and do footwork drills," Gray said.
what hills? Where are these hills in Miami?!

Advertisement
I've seen this story far too many times. Let me know when he's actually on campus.

Some of you have been following this stuff way too long to fall for this. I hope I'm wrong and will happily eat crow but I don't expect him here this fall. Remember D Griffin and how close he was?

The playbook thing doesn't worry me. Fall camp is enough time to learn enough of the playbook, if he makes it in. Worst case scenario is you tell him, "Handoff to you, run off right tackle." Not rocket science.

Advertisement
Back