Trayone Gray

Advertisement
Honestly i bet he will be on special teams and used in a certain package all yr. something like wildcat or simple routes, etc.

What's a little more troubling to me than the one credit that he is short, is the fact that the article also says that he has not looked at the playbook yet.

I'm assuming that he has had a few weeks? months? to get into the playbook and try to get it down.

A college playbook is a big learning curve for many young players.

Gray coming in late, coupled with not having a chance to study the playbook yet leads me to believe that this kid really needs to redshirt this year.

Gray could be one of those guys that picks up new information quickly but I just don't see how he is going to be ready by Louisville.

JMO

I hope chocolate makes it in for three reasons.
1. He is a stud
38.gif

3. When was the last time our entire class qualified? BTW I could care less if Grimsley makes it in. I'm not really counting him.

What's a little more troubling to me than the one credit that he is short, is the fact that the article also says that he has not looked at the playbook yet.

I'm assuming that he has had a few weeks? months? to get into the playbook and try to get it down.

Gray coming in late, coupled with not having a chance to study the playbook yet leads me to believe that this kid really needs to redshirt this year.

Gray could be one of those guys that picks up new information quickly but I just don't see how he is going to be ready by Louisville.

JMO

Lets just get him in first...He can worry about the playbook later...1 step at a time

Advertisement
I hope chocolate makes it in for three reasons.
1. He is a stud
38.gif

3. When was the last time our entire class qualified? BTW I could care less if Grimsley makes it in. I'm not really counting him.

That gif should be posted on here by Pete everytime we get a new commit! Although it does remind me somewhat of a Gary Ferman / DBC love child. Maybe somebody could check with DBC on twitter to see if the rumor of a Ferman / DBC love child are true. Them DBC can post a video on YouTube addressing said rumor.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Miami Gardens (FL) Carol City High School athlete and Cane signee Trayone Gray now has a qualifying score on his ACT.

But that doesn't mean his high school work is done.

He says he recently found out that he is a credit short of what is required by the NCAA.

"I have to finish up a class," he says.

Gray says he thinks he'll have it done in time to report to Miami for the start of fall drills that begin the first week of August.

"I'm supposed to come the end of July," he says.

Gray adds that "It's stressful, but I just leave it in God's hands."

He's talking regularly with Cane coaches and says "they tell me to come in in shape and get ready to compete. They said they want me to play in the first game against Louisville."

Gray says he thinks he'll wind up playing both wide receiver and running back, and he says he's working out four hours a day.

"I weightlift, go and run hills and do footwork drills," Gray said.

He says he's unsure just how difficult the transition will be to college because he hasn't gotten a chance to study UM's playbook yet.

"I'm going to look at it, but I don't know how hard it's going to be," he said.

Miami Gardens (FL) Carol City High School athlete and Cane signee Trayone Gray now has a qualifying score on his ACT.

But that doesn't mean his high school work is done.

He says he recently found out that he is a credit short of what is required by the NCAA.

"I have to finish up a class," he says.

Gray says he thinks he'll have it done in time to report to Miami for the start of fall drills that begin the first week of August.

"I'm supposed to come the end of July," he says.

Gray adds that "It's stressful, but I just leave it in God's hands."

He's talking regularly with Cane coaches and says "they tell me to come in in shape and get ready to compete. They said they want me to play in the first game against Louisville."

Gray says he thinks he'll wind up playing both wide receiver and running back, and he says he's working out four hours a day.

"I weightlift, go and run hills and do footwork drills," Gray said.

He says he's unsure just how difficult the transition will be to college because he hasn't gotten a chance to study UM's playbook yet.

"I'm going to look at it, but I don't know how hard it's going to be," he said.

Sounds like maybe he's completing it online & is already doing it.

Advertisement
I've gone to 50-50. Doesn't say he heard from the NCAA. If not that will be a huge mine field he still has to go through.

JMO

Not worried about his playbook because he needed to do so much to just get in. Kid has done well to make up but his shortages and wants to be here badly. We have a ton of talent now and probably can afford to redshirt him anyway. He could use this year to adjust to college and bang out some credits. Anyway, keep on working Chocolate. Our prayers are with you and I can't wait to see you run though THE SMOKE the first time.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back