Trayone Gray trying to qualify

Advertisement
6'2 is kind of tall for a RB. I see WR in his future.

Marcus Dupree was 6'3" and 230 pounds with 9.5 100 yard speed. Oklahoma assistant coach at the time Scott Hill said he watched Depree bench press 400 pounds ten times. Broke Hershall walkers all time high school TD record.

Gray is a RB all the way IMHO.

Look at his running style and the build of his body. Kid will be absolutely jacked in a year or two.

First thing is first. Hope the kid can get into school and I hope everyone at the NCAA clearinghouse catches the aids.

Darren McFadden.

Don't think he's anywhere NEAR that fast

I see a guy dusting Dade County competition. He pulls away with ease. Bolden was a 4.7-4.8 guy.

I don't think Gray is as shifty as Bolden, either. And judging from the brief time he had as a WR (for QB Akeem Jones), I don't see Bolden's receiving instincts in Gray.

Advertisement

Marcus Dupree was 6'3" and 230 pounds with 9.5 100 yard speed. Oklahoma assistant coach at the time Scott Hill said he watched Depree bench press 400 pounds ten times. Broke Hershall walkers all time high school TD record.

Ran a 9.5? Who was he Bolts little brother that's world fastest man speed I don't believe that

Has gray played any snaps on the defensive side of the ball at all at Carol City?

Ran a 9.5? Who was he Bolts little brother that's world fastest man speed I don't believe that

100 yard, not 100 meter

Advertisement
virtual classes........Al gets it.

Jimmy and Butch would gave gotten this guy admitted.

If you think it was so easy for Jimmy and Butch, you are dead wrong. I don't know that much about kids we had to pass by when Butch was head coach, but I recall the frustration Jimmy had in the '80's when he had to pass over stud after stud. So many of them...he became fed up with Prop 48's and I heard that they swore off recruiting any more because they were such a hassle. Butch was Jimmy's recruiting coordinator for part of Jimmy's tenure, until they handed it over to Dave Scott, who came from the baseball program. Either way, they just had to pass by a ton of good prospects..you just don't know or don't remember the history, to think it was so easy for them.

virtual classes........Al gets it.

Jimmy and Butch would gave gotten this guy admitted.

If you think it was so easy for Jimmy and Butch, you are dead wrong. I don't know that much about kids we had to pass by when Butch was head coach, but I recall the frustration Jimmy had in the '80's when he had to pass over stud after stud. So many of them...he became fed up with Prop 48's and I heard that they swore off recruiting any more because they were such a hassle. Butch was Jimmy's recruiting coordinator for part of Jimmy's tenure, until they handed it over to Dave Scott, who came from the baseball program. Either way, they just had to pass by a ton of good prospects..you just don't know or don't remember the history, to think it was so easy for them.

Those guys didn't have to deal with the APR requirements.
You can't just recruit moron athletic studs anymore as your scholarship players have to keep themselves academically on a graduation track.
You can't just take 3 physical ed courses.
The NCAA's APR requirements are getting tougher every year and the penalties are bad.
UCONN won the NCAA basketball championship then was in eligible the following year due to a bad APR.

If you accept a team full of guys who are not academically capable you are setting yourselves up for sanctions including bans and scholarship reductions.

11145.png

I want Chocolate at RB, if we miss on Cook. I for one believe he has more upside than any RB in South Florida. This kid rushed for 1,121 yards and 11 touchdowns as a QB in Dade county. If he would have been a full time RB he would have had at least 1,500 - 1,800 yards rushing.

He is 6-2 210 now with amazing speed and agility. He doesn't look like a natural pass catcher, but he will be unstoppable at RB. This is the big back we have been wishing for and if he can some how qualify, this kid will see playing time early.

Completely agree. Could make a beast of a RB. Should be easier transition than WR. If Duke or Joe have problems with recovery, I would love him at RB. WIll touch the ball more at RB than at WR.

Advertisement
Comparable to Karlos Williams at FSU? Or is that a reach?

Kinda not really. Karlos Williams athletically is about the most freakish prospect to come out of the state of Florida the last 10 years, unfortunately he just didnt have the instincts to play safety. Dont believe me? Just look up the KR TD he had against us in 2011 as a true frosh that got called back on a phantom holding call. It hasnt been talked about, but Karlos not developing that fast was a giant bullet dodged by the ACC. People always talk about the next ST, well this kid from a physical standpoint was the next ST......

Guy can't sniff ST's shorts. Prospect means nothing; it is delivery. ST personally took years off Bobby's life and career. This wantabe can't find a position. ST was automatically the best at whatever position you needed him at.

Comparable to Karlos Williams at FSU? Or is that a reach?

Kinda not really. Karlos Williams athletically is about the most freakish prospect to come out of the state of Florida the last 10 years, unfortunately he just didnt have the instincts to play safety. Dont believe me? Just look up the KR TD he had against us in 2011 as a true frosh that got called back on a phantom holding call. It hasnt been talked about, but Karlos not developing that fast was a giant bullet dodged by the ACC. People always talk about the next ST, well this kid from a physical standpoint was the next ST......

Guy can't sniff ST's shorts. Prospect means nothing; it is delivery. ST personally took years off Bobby's life and career. This wantabe can't find a position. ST was automatically the best at whatever position you needed him at.

Jesus, stop bleeding out all over the message board dude

The guy was only making a physical comparison, the things that separate ST are obvious and he already stated them. No need to get your panties in a bunch.

Gray's best position is WR. He shows pretty solid instincts for the position as far as getting off the jam at the LOS and he tracks the ball very well in the air (something that most young WR's struggle with). I'd like to see him attack the ball in the air a lot better, and I'd like to see him be more aggressive in coming back to the ball. He's explosive in a short area and he's very physical. I imagine you could teach him to be an excellent blocker on the edge as well. He'd be a very good receiver on screens and end arounds. His best contribution early on would be on returns.

He's an explosive athlete and I hope he gets in, but he's not a plug-and-play WR like some of the ones we've missed out on. Luckily, we don't really need him to be.

Big upside if the ability to stick in his foot in the ground and change directions without losing speed comes out, while he learns to make sharper cuts and sell his movements. I like this kid, just never thought he'd qualify.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back