Travonte Valentine

Advertisement
****, Valentine is dominating during practice.

We havent had a guy who can wreak havoc from up the middle in a long time.

What are the thoughts on him cracking the starting rotation as a freshman/getting regular PT? Is that realistic?

Advertisement
OL coach for McDermott's team told Rivals that he was the most impressive player through Day 2.

OL coach for McDermott's team told Rivals that he was the most impressive player through Day 2.

Yeah I read that, surprising given the Vines we saw all showed him getting owned......
Goes to show one cant put stock into them.

Advertisement

D, any updates on grades for Val? LSU boards going nuts saying a flip is for sure and pointing to grades. Any news?

If we had DL good enough to get off blocks they are allowed.

Valentine's payday is a 3-4 NT in the NFL.

His presence here would finally let us run some more 3-4 we have been wanting to but didn't have the personal to do it.

Advertisement
That statement deserves its own thread because it's coming from the most important commit we've had on defense in a long long time.

“I’m solid,” Valentine said. “It’s just the feeling of South Beach. I just love it, every minute of the way. I love Coach Hurlie (Brown), I love Coach Jethro (Franklin), I love Coach Al Golden, Coach (James) Coley the OC. It’s just a great feeling over there at Miami and I know I’m going to stick to it and I know that my decision I made is right for me.”

“LSU they try hard. I have to take that official visit to see what’s up with them before I actually start pushing them into that place where Miami is at but Miami is on a whole nother level.”

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/...ith-Miami-commitment-while-LSU-charges-168434

Advertisement
he's under tremendous pressure from them. it's a wait and see, just like Cook.

No he is under tremendous pressure from his street agent coach, who is giving them access to valentine. Lets not kid ourselves this guy did an article with ESPN saying he was a street agent and there is nothing wrong with him getting for it.

Go canes

Remember Pete interviewed Mike Tunsil on this here site.

Tunsil said his grades are fine but was short on credits.

As he should since he is still in HS and does not have a HS diploma.

He came to Champagnat short on core credits, smart ***.

Okay but the same thing still applies.

You're obviously focused on the wrong thing Davey.

His grades were always fine but needed to take some make up classes since he was short on core credits. Coach Tunsil said TV is getting an A and a B in those classes and is on pace to graduate/qualify as long as he keeps doing what he's doing.

Advertisement
Back