Travonte Valentine UPDATE

Advertisement
We need to keep putting Hurlie on our major targets.

Dude is a beast.

We need to stop crowning people before results are in.

Well it looks like he is about to do something that Jethro has failed to and that is bring in a legit DT lol My advice to Hurlie would be to just keep Jethro away!

Al Golden has failed to bring in a "legit" DT. Is he a bad recruiter?

LULZ. How the fugg do you know none of the guys The Don has signed so far will be legit DTs? Looks like Pierre is already well on his way. Dude's gonna pop like Peter North this season.

LULZ at all the dudes on here bent on judging freshman and 2nd year DTs when all the data in the history of college football tells you that DTs don't really show their balls until their 3rd year in a program. Even the ultra monsters like Suh took a few years to really show their balls.

With a glaring need to add more depth at defensive tackle, the LSU staff's approach to the 2014 class certainly includes a plan to beef up the middle of the defensive line, though the Tigers haven't picked up a commitment from a defensive tackle despite hitting nine commitments before the month of May.

Travonte Valentine will take a close look at LSU over the next six months
On the shortlist of defensive tackles with an offer from the Tigers is Florida's Travonte Valentine, a 6-foot-4 and 297-pounder out of Palm Bay who is ranked as the No. 4 defensive tackle prospect in the 247Composite.
Valentine's offer list is into the double-digits, including overtures from Florida, Florida State and Miami.
But with attention also coming from outside the Sunshine State, Valentine is going to let his process play out well beyond the summer - which is when he plans to kick his recruitment into high gear.
"In-state, Miami is showing me the most love," Valentine said. "Mississippi State, Tennessee and Georgia Tech are three other schools really coming after me, too. Then there are a lot of other big schools, like LSU, that I am hoping to get a closer look at."
Valentine said he plans to make a stop in Baton Rouge this summer during a trek across the Southeast.
"I am getting with some other players and we are taking a trip to see a bunch of different schools in a row," Valentine said. "We want to go to camps and see schools, so the summer works best.
"We will see LSU, Tennessee, Georgia and a couple other schools. That's when I will really start getting a good feel for how I feel about things. I just want to use that stretch to see schools up close, then I might know where my heart is."
If LSU puts on the press, do they have a chance to jump into the thick of the chase for Valentine's services?
"I am definitely interested in LSU, and I really haven't looked at them as much as I should have by this point," Valentine said. "We just started practicing, so I'm expecting an LSU coach will probably be by here at some point. I know a lot of the bigger schools are about to start rolling through these next couple weeks."
Valentine said he plans to take official visits this fall, and LSU is on the list of programs he wants to see on a Saturday night before making his decision final in November.
"I want to see some games, for sure, and LSU is one of them," Valentine said. "It's a school I am going to look close at.
"November 15 is my birthday, so I will have my decision made by then so I can announce on that day."

Travonte Valentine via FB says he is on his way to see the Hurricanes today. 4-star DT.
Per SBNation

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Kyle Pumariega ‏@KylePuma 5m
"I like them (Miami) but I like other schools to...but I favor Miami"- Travonte Valentine #Canes

Advertisement
What happened on Bostwick's visit to **** things up?
I don't think that it was that but his mom wanted him away and he loved Bryant Young at UF

I've read on here a few times that Bostwick's OV didn't go well.
Dont think the OV had anything to do with it he was Gator long before he took a visit to UM.

It's crazy how we were reading different things here. He was supposedly all Cane up until very close to signing day.

What happened on Bostwick's visit to **** things up?
I don't think that it was that but his mom wanted him away and he loved Bryant Young at UF

I've read on here a few times that Bostwick's OV didn't go well.
Dont think the OV had anything to do with it he was Gator long before he took a visit to UM.

It's crazy how we were reading different things here. He was supposedly all Cane up until very close to signing day.

'Crootin.

Definitely want Valentine, but if his academics aren't getting him in this year this big boy can wait. Wish the clearing house made decisions on kids earlier than they do.

Advertisement
Back