Travonte Valentine UPDATE

3.jpg

Advertisement
The only time I wanna see a recruit throwing up the U is on National Signing Day after he's signed his LOI!

Advertisement
Advertisement
We need to keep putting Hurlie on our major targets.

Dude is a beast.

We need to stop crowning people before results are in.

Well it looks like he is about to do something that Jethro has failed to and that is bring in a legit DT lol My advice to Hurlie would be to just keep Jethro away!

Al Golden has failed to bring in a "legit" DT. Is he a bad recruiter?

"legit" dumb question

Advertisement

Dude is a beast.

Well it looks like he is about to do something that Jethro has failed to and that is bring in a legit DT lol My advice to Hurlie would be to just keep Jethro away!

"legit" dumb question

No it isn't. Everyone dogs Jethro for us being thin at the position. I am fairly certain his responsibilities do not include "recruit every DT and only DTs". So therefore the burden to bring in DTs is shared by every coach on staff. By this post's logic Golden should be kept away from Valentine too because he hasn't reeled in a "legit" DT.

Dude is a beast.

Yes, it also falls on Golden as well. He is the HC, everything ultimately falls on him. I know many of you don't like to hear anything negative about Golden but eventually he has to show some results as well. I like some things he has done but we aren't where we need to be yet.

"legit" dumb question

No it isn't. Everyone dogs Jethro for us being thin at the position. I am fairly certain his responsibilities do not include "recruit every DT and only DTs". So therefore the burden to bring in DTs is shared by every coach on staff. By this post's logic Golden should be kept away from Valentine too because he hasn't reeled in a "legit" DT.

Everyone DL we recruit has mentioned Jethro. He may not be the initial guy but its pretty clear the plan is to go in by area and then pass it along to the position coach. In Valentine's case Hurlie has an in through a relationship with a family member so why not let him stay on him?

Advertisement

"legit" dumb question

Everyone DL we recruit has mentioned Jethro. He may not be the initial guy but its pretty clear the plan is to go in by area and then pass it along to the position coach. In Valentine's case Hurlie has an in through a relationship with a family member so why not let him stay on him?

By all means let Hurlie stay on him. My issue was with the "keep Jethro away" comment and to a larger degree the black hole of idiocy this board has gone down the past few months regarding the recruiting efforts of Jethro Franklin. If he was that bad he'd have been fired, period. So let's ******* stop talking about him in every thread because it is taking away from the conversation.

Advertisement
Back