Travonte Valentine UPDATE

Hstokes1447

Junior
Here is what he is saying in a new article on canesport.

Palm Bay (FL) Bayside High School 4-star DL Travonte Valentine currently lists a top three of Miami, Alabama and Tennessee.

And he has one standing out on top.

"Miami is in the lead," he says.

Asked how big a lead the Canes have, he said, "Right now they're in a good position, but you never know."

UM will have a chance to get in an even better position this weekend - Valentine plans on taking an unofficial visit to the school.

"I just want to look around, check the campus out again, see how I like it," said Valentine, who lists 28 offers including Miami. "My visit last time was fun - that was last month."

He's taken other visits to Florida, Florida State, Clemson and South Carolina. He also plans summer visits that will include Alabama and Tennessee.

Valentine is in regular contact with Cane coaches Hurlie Brown and Jethro Franklin.

"They say how much of an impact I can make on the D line, how important I am to them, how quick I am off the ball," Valentine said.

Valentine says he decided on his top three based on "How their football teams play tough, how their defensive players are known to get drafted early."

And he says UM is in the lead because "It's the family (atmosphere), how things are, all the legendary people that have gone there."

Valentine says there's a chance he'll make a commitment in July but that he hopes to wait until his birthday Nov. 15.

"I love Miami and if I had to pull the trigger for how I feel about Miami I will," he said. "But right now I just have to stay calm, stay focused and see where this path will go."

Advertisement
Going to be a fight to the end and before people start with the Keith stuff. We need DTs badly

At least 3-4 guys that look like impact players

I'm thinking 3-4 DTs this cycle as well.

We've already got Stuckey committed, a ****load of offers out to other DTs and seem to be in real good position with our top targets: Clark and Valentine. Not to mention that DT out of Brooklyn speaks highly of us as well as Gaillard from NC.

We need to keep putting Hurlie on our major targets.

Dude is a beast.

Advertisement
I actually hope that top 3 holds. Crazily, I feel more comfortable going against Bama and Tennessee than FSU and UF.

I actually hope that top 3 holds. Crazily, I feel more comfortable going against Bama and Tennessee than FSU and UF.

I agree. Tennessee lost a lot of talent and will be garbage this year. I just don't want any other florida schools in his top 3 that way he won't visit them as much.

Nice article. I hope we land him we need DT"S in a Big way. Did you get this from Rivals CS? Matt Shodell has the same exact one.

Here is what he is saying in a new article on canesport.

Palm Bay (FL) Bayside High School 4-star DL Travonte Valentine currently lists a top three of Miami, Alabama and Tennessee.

And he has one standing out on top.

"Miami is in the lead," he says.

Asked how big a lead the Canes have, he said, "Right now they're in a good position, but you never know."

UM will have a chance to get in an even better position this weekend - Valentine plans on taking an unofficial visit to the school.

"I just want to look around, check the campus out again, see how I like it," said Valentine, who lists 28 offers including Miami. "My visit last time was fun - that was last month."

He's taken other visits to Florida, Florida State, Clemson and South Carolina. He also plans summer visits that will include Alabama and Tennessee.

Valentine is in regular contact with Cane coaches Hurlie Brown and Jethro Franklin.

"They say how much of an impact I can make on the D line, how important I am to them, how quick I am off the ball," Valentine said.

Valentine says he decided on his top three based on "How their football teams play tough, how their defensive players are known to get drafted early."

And he says UM is in the lead because "It's the family (atmosphere), how things are, all the legendary people that have gone there."

Valentine says there's a chance he'll make a commitment in July but that he hopes to wait until his birthday Nov. 15.

"I love Miami and if I had to pull the trigger for how I feel about Miami I will," he said. "But right now I just have to stay calm, stay focused and see where this path will go."

Advertisement
We don't usually get the guys with cool names like that. Seems that's more of an FSU thing. Hope we land him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back