Travonte Valentine UPDATE

Kids got his whole senior year to either improve his GPA or take the ACT multiple times, can't be that hard.

Advertisement
Kids got his whole senior year to either improve his GPA or take the ACT multiple times, can't be that hard.

I been saying that and after all these visits he knows what grades he needs to go to UM so unless his grades are horrific i think he'll do whatever to get it together

What happened on Bostwick's visit to **** things up?
I don't think that it was that but his mom wanted him away and he loved Bryant Young at UF

I've read on here a few times that Bostwick's OV didn't go well.
Dont think the OV had anything to do with it he was Gator long before he took a visit to UM.

It's crazy how we were reading different things here. He was supposedly all Cane up until very close to signing day.

He wasn't really giving interviews all people were saying was he was going to UM because he was from the area and his cousin was on the team. A few Florida insiders said everything was great with Bostwick despite what everybody else was saying. When it was all over people said that Bostwick's family had told the staff he was going to UF all fall

We should sign 8 DT's this cycle.

3 JUCO
1 Prep
4 HS

I'm not going that far but I would feel like we would have our problems on defense well on the way to being solved if we ended this cycle with 4 DT's, 4 DE's and 4 LB's plus 2quality DB's. On OL add one more OL for 4, one more QB for 2, one more RB for 2, 2WR's. That's 24. If there is more room and I think there will be fill the rest of the class with best players available.

We should sign 8 DT's this cycle.

3 JUCO
1 Prep
4 HS

I'm not going that far but I would feel like we would have our problems on defense well on the way to being solved if we ended this cycle with 4 DT's, 4 DE's and 4 LB's plus 2quality DB's. On OL add one more OL for 4, one more QB for 2, one more RB for 2, 2WR's. That's 24. If there is more room and I think there will be fill the rest of the class with best players available.

we take more then 2 DBs lammons, patten, hester, johnson, springs? not saying we land all of them but i mean you try and pick 2

Advertisement
I don't think that it was that but his mom wanted him away and he loved Bryant Young at UF

Dont think the OV had anything to do with it he was Gator long before he took a visit to UM.

It's crazy how we were reading different things here. He was supposedly all Cane up until very close to signing day.

He wasn't really giving interviews all people were saying was he was going to UM because he was from the area and his cousin was on the team. A few Florida insiders said everything was great with Bostwick despite what everybody else was saying. When it was all over people said that Bostwick's family had told the staff he was going to UF all fall

I actually really liked the way Bostwick handled his recruitment. He kept his mouth shut, didn't preen for anyone, and just went about his business. He is now merely a nameless, facelss enemy because he is a Gator, but I hold no actual vitriol toward him, unlike someone such as Keith Bryant or Alex Collins. I hope we get Arkansas in a bowl game and Collins squares up with Figueroa or Perryman or Deon in the hole one of these years...

Getting back to the topic though, we are already falling into the Valentine trap. Remember last year early, when all signs were pointing to Bryant and Kearse being divas but we all buried our heads because we wanted to believe they were our saviors? Valentine has decommitted twice and it is May 6th. I don't believe **** this kid says until the dotted line is signed.

I actually really liked the way Bostwick handled his recruitment. He kept his mouth shut, didn't preen for anyone, and just went about his business. He is now merely a nameless, facelss enemy because he is a Gator, but I hold no actual vitriol toward him, unlike someone such as Keith Bryant or Alex Collins. I hope we get Arkansas in a bowl game and Collins squares up with Figueroa or Perryman or Deon in the hole one of these years...

Getting back to the topic though, we are already falling into the Valentine trap. Remember last year early, when all signs were pointing to Bryant and Kearse being divas but we all buried our heads because we wanted to believe they were our saviors? Valentine has decommitted twice and it is May 6th. I don't believe **** this kid says until the dotted line is signed.
All I will say is I warned people early about Valentine I got called about saying a few things so I am done with the discussion on what he is doing. I am not going to say anything about it until we see where he is enrolled in august of 2014 since it is not just about getting his signature

I think the NCAA mess and lack of results on the field affected both Bryant and Kearse.

Whatever the reason, they both treated this process like it was a joke....moreso Bryant than Kearse. I don't really care whether you think that is right or wrong, because that is a different conversation, but I know it caused a lot of turmoil and vitriol on this board that quite frankly we could have avoided if we had just read the tea leaves at the beginning. The same early signs are there with Valentine.

Advertisement
Whatever the reason, they both treated this process like it was a joke....moreso Bryant than Kearse. I don't really care whether you think that is right or wrong, because that is a different conversation, but I know it caused a lot of turmoil and vitriol on this board that quite frankly we could have avoided if we had just read the tea leaves at the beginning. The same early signs are there with Valentine.
Valentine called FSU his leader the day before he committed to UF

This is why there are questions about his academics. The kid just doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed.

However, once again, hopefully he does and ends up balling out here.

This is why there are questions about his academics. The kid just doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed.

Really? You think that just because he said that means he's stupid? Maybe he was interviewed by an FSU guy and just told them some b.s. and decided the next day he would just commit to UF? Maybe he was really immature then and learned from his mistake but that doesn't have anything to do with his academics at school

I think that just goes to how he plays with recruiting game more than anything. The grade problem comes straight from his mouth and others.

Advertisement
I don't trust any one of these recruits at this point of the game. The good news is that I'm including Cook. The bad news is that I'm including Yearby. Having said that I think we keep all of our OL recruits. That's it.

We need to keep putting Hurlie on our major targets.

Dude is a beast.

We need to stop crowning people before results are in.

Well it looks like he is about to do something that Jethro has failed to and that is bring in a legit DT lol My advice to Hurlie would be to just keep Jethro away!

Al Golden has failed to bring in a "legit" DT. Is he a bad recruiter?

LULZ. How the fugg do you know none of the guys The Don has signed so far will be legit DTs? Looks like Pierre is already well on his way. Dude's gonna pop like Peter North this season.

LULZ at all the dudes on here bent on judging freshman and 2nd year DTs when all the data in the history of college football tells you that DTs don't really show their balls until their 3rd year in a program. Even the ultra monsters like Suh took a few years to really show their balls.
**** YOU AND YOUR LOGICAL REASONING, THERE IS NO PLACE FOR THAT HERE

Advertisement
Back