Travis Hunter

Just naturally gifted, like watching Devontae Smith at Bama, just better than everyone else on the field.
race-kids.gif

Advertisement
I actually think he could be a top tier Elite WR too, but he’s good enough to play both at an All-conference level.

I think he’ll stay at JSU for as long as Prime is there, if Deion gets a FBS job then he’ll hit the Portal & go to a big time program. If I was him with potentiality to have one of the biggest Free agent Portal NIL deals available, I’d actually go to either Clemson, UF or Oh ST in order to be coached by elite caliber CB’s coaches. UGA, Bama & TAMU all have crowed rooms.

But either way, this kid has through the roof potential as he continues to have his development fast-tracked.

Most people dislike him, but I’m actually rooting for the kid, I respect him going his own way & not being bandwagon rider, that’s pretty rare in this generations youth.
I’m good with anyone that makes FSU look like fools

Travis Hunter is a generational talent. It doesn’t matter where he plays or what position guys like him don’t come around often. I will always be a fan for what he did to FSU. Prime has brought so much to all HBCU’s. He’s literally putting the SWAC on the map and bringing national attention to programs that were afterthoughts to the majority of people. It’s a beautiful thing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
****, I ****ed that up...**Jackson

either way, still the same point.

It’s really not the same point. It’s 2022 and y’all still act like teams aren’t made up with players from all levels. Let the kid be. If he makes plays on Saturdays for the next 3 years like he did during the spring game, he’ll be playing with the best regardless of competition.

He’ll definitely transfer out next year. Hope FSU doesn’t get a 2nd chance with him
Why? Attaching himself to Deion is the smartest thing he could possibly do for his career. What NFL player has a better brand than Prime? Deion is gonna market him as the next coming and his play is gonna back it up. The marketing engine is going to catapult him into the face of HBCU’s. This dude could be on Aflac commercials with Prime and his son in 2 years. They already said their making a Documentary too. No other place can offer him an ounce of what he’s got going on. Add on top of the societal push for equality. Sponsors are gonna flock!

Kid will be a multi-millionaire household name before he plays a NFL down.

Advertisement
Why? Attaching himself to Deion is the smartest thing he could possibly do for his career. What NFL player has a better brand than Prime? Deion is gonna market him as the next coming and his play is gonna back it up. The marketing engine is going to catapult him into the face of HBCU’s. This dude could be on Aflac commercials with Prime and his son in 2 years. They already said their making a Documentary too. No other place can offer him an ounce of what he’s got going on. Add on top of the societal push for equality. Sponsors are gonna flock!

Kid will be a multi-millionaire household name before he plays a NFL down.

Maybe, but at what point does playing that caliber of competition hurt his draft stock and/or preparation for the speed of the NFL, or just get boring. I don’t see why he can’t take advantage of the above and then transfer out in 1-2 years with probably a multi million dollar offer from a big school.

That all sounds great, but still no one gives a **** about HBCU football. Maybe he wants to see through to that change, but at some point the idea of being in the spotlight in the CFP might be too tempting to pass up, especially if he doesn’t get all the attention this year he thinks he’ll get.

Maybe, but at what point does playing that caliber of competition hurt his draft stock and/or preparation for the speed of the NFL, or just get boring. I don’t see why he can’t take advantage of the above and then transfer out in 1-2 years with probably a multi million dollar offer from a big school.

That all sounds great, but still no one gives a **** about HBCU football. Maybe he wants to see through to that change, but at some point the idea of being in the spotlight in the CFP might be too tempting to pass up, especially if he doesn’t get all the attention this year he thinks he’ll get.

I guess we'll know in a couple of years.

I actually think Hunter will be OK, the guy that should worry is Kevin Coleman. It's hard to look great as a WR (even against crappy competition) if you don't have a great QB to get you the ball...

Advertisement

Y’all post more ridiculous things by the day. This would be an issue if FCS players never went in the first round. Or if the super bowl mvp/top WR in the game didn’t go to a FCS or if one of the top backers in the game didn’t go to an HBCU. The way y’all talk , you’d only think p5 players/national champions get drafted in the first round. The league literally has the best players from every level. It’s an anomaly for anyone to get drafted.

I mean Bobby Wagner went to Utah State, Fred Warner went to BYU, Demario Davis went to Arkansas State, Alex Singleton went to Montana Stare, and Darius Leonard went to South Carolina State. All low level g5 or fcs schools (BYU is now p5). The competition argument is played out when there is an exceptional talent. Y’all see FCS talent in the NFL every week but continue to make this weak argument. He’s a 5 ⭐️ kid not a 3 ⭐️ recruit. Unless you feel nfl scouts should punish him for opting to go to an HBCU, why should his stock take a hit if he dominates? What’s the different with him getting drafted 1st round and any other fcs athlete getting drafted 1st round in the past?

I guess we'll know in a couple of years.

I actually think Hunter will be OK, the guy that should worry is Kevin Coleman. It's hard to look great as a WR (even against crappy competition) if you don't have a great QB to get you the ball...

If he makes plays he’ll be fine. It’ll be mostly the system. Plus Sanders is one of the better fcs qbs statistically. No one remembers TO qb in college, Marques Colston’s college qb or Kupp’s qb his last year of college (Vernon Adams was a beast his 1st 2). Just make plays

Advertisement
Back