Travis Homer Spring

Island_Canes

Redshirt Freshman
Can't wait to see this kid in the Spring. We know what Walton can do. Doubt CMR gives Walton too much work this Spring. So Homer and Burns (if he's really healthy) will get lots of burn (sorry had to go there, lol). But really looking forward to seeing Homer this Spring. At 5'11 and 205 he has good size and skills. Sometimes we forget what we have on the roster and fall in love with the next flava of the month. But this kid was considered one of the top couple of backs in Fla his Senior year.

[video=youtube_share;BaFUwLHgV2w]https://youtu.be/BaFUwLHgV2w[/video]

Advertisement
I think Homer is gona have a productive season. Guy made plays and showed some athleticism on ST's last year.

I can't wait to see both Homer and Burns. We know Homer has the wheels and can lay the wood. But how is he with the football in his hands making reads against our DL? They would make any RB want to bounce to the outside. ... Burns is like Big Foot and the Loch Ness Monster. We finally get to see if he's real or just a tall tale. I think he's the real deal.

He has to produce or else Tyshon Dye is going to snatch the RB2 job whenever he arrives.

Loved Homer's work on specials but kept expecting him to steal a few carries last year.

Advertisement
I have high hopes and expectations for Homer at RB this season. Based on his speed and athleticism, I see him as a nice change of pace back after Walton and the OL beat on the defense.

In the practice time I got to watch, he had the most pop of the RBs I saw. At one point, popped a 20+ yarder on the 1st team D. Look forward to watching him in Spring, too. Good thread.

Think he will play a massive role in 2017. He has all the tools and has shown he's a gamer on ST. He has special athleticism. Really looking forward to reading the practice reports this spring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
The thing that Homer has working against him is that he's not Richt's guy.

We know CMR loves Walton and badly wants Dye (whom he recruited years ago).

Burns, Lingard, Davis are all going to be in the mix in 2018.

He could be the odd man out. He MUST seize this opportunity.

Travis WILL seize this opportunity. Bet!

Silence, dog! How dare you defy rokulika, Emperor Of The Universe. Earthling vermin, you shall die for this! Your entire planet shall be my slaves! Guards! Guards! Seize him!

Disagree, when brown first got to Miami and met Travis homer he became a high priority for the staff to stay locked in the class. The class is very high on his ability. Another thing to note if lingard and others somehow surpass him when he get here he would be a good prospect at db too. He's a talented football player period

Advertisement

Disagree, when brown first got to Miami and met Travis homer he became a high priority for the staff to stay locked in the class. The class is very high on his ability. Another thing to note if lingard and others somehow surpass him when he get here he would be a good prospect at db too. He's a talented football player period

Well they didn't recruit him at UGA iirc, and as our only RB commit when Richt arrived I'm sure they did prioritize him. And if they were so high on his ability then he would've emerged as an option last season imo. They also wouldn't be putting the full-court press on Dye and wouldn't have plead with Gus to stay.

Last edited:

Well they didn't recruit him at UGA iirc, and as our only RB commit when Richt arrived I'm sure they did prioritize him. And if they were so high on his ability then he would've emerged as an option last season imo. They also wouldn't be putting the full-court press on Dye and wouldn't have plead with Gus to stay.

I would think the only reason they are after Dye is for depth purposes. The staff only brought in one back this recruiting cycle in Burns and didn't scramble for a lower tier player. If Dye comes here it's for a one year depth transition, not because of a talent issue. Homer will emerge as our RB2

I would think the only reason they are after Dye is for depth purposes. The staff only brought in one back this recruiting cycle in Burns and didn't scramble for a lower tier player. If Dye comes here it's for a one year depth transition, not because of a talent issue. Homer will emerge as our RB2

I don't think they anticipated losing Yearby/Edwards, and losing out on McFarland. And that's why there was really no backup plan once McFarland didn't come here. We're after Dye because Walton is the only thing even close to a proven commodity and we need all the help we can get. I expect Homer to emerge as the backup exiting spring but the competition will persist through August imo.

Advertisement
Gotta agree with Brock on this one, I'm pretty sure the staff likes what Homer brings to the table. He's gonna be fun to watch.

Faulty narrative. Can't just say that they weren't on him at uga. They wasn't on ahmmon richards and he became the top target when the new staff got in

Last edited:
Brock are you implying that the competition for the RB2 job isn't wide open?

Don't you tell me my business again.

I love this kid. I think Homer will shine this season. He has the chance to solidify himself as the leading RB going into the 2018 season (assuming walton leaves) I'm sure he is well aware of the heat that is coming at RB in the 2018 class which will provide extra motivation for him to establish himself now!

Advertisement
Back