Travis Homer Spring

real talk.. Has Walton ever fumbled the football? He's clearly the leader of the football team...

Advertisement
Hold up, did someone really just say Homer is a 17 year old college sophomore??!?

:jordan:

So, I don't know their actual birthdays or anything, but Kyle confirmed Walton reclassified to his correct class, and Homer is young for his class.

On the 247 profiles has: Homer - 17 yrs 7 months, Walton as 19 years, 11 months.

Homer is still a Freshman and Walton still a Sophomore.

Travis Homer, Miami, Running Back
Mark Walton, Miami, Running Back

Again, I don't know if 247 is accurate, but it's what I'm going by. If there's a bio/roster that has their actual bdays listed it'd be great if someone could post that to correct me.

If 247 is correct - then during this Spring Walton will be 20 and Homer 17. But when the 2017 season starts, they'll be 20 & 18.

The point more than the technical ages, is that the perception is young for his class because he reclassified, and they're 1 year apart in class, that they're basically the same age. Totally understandable - why wouldn't anyone assume that?

But it's actually the opposite. Saying "Walton should've been a Freshman this year" isn't correct, and saying Homer is a full 2 years younger than Walton is correct.

My point is this is just a case where the perception doesn't match the reality.

R... OK, maybe a stretch with (2) 1000 yd backs... But my point is, I think Homer has that "IT" factor and will break loose this year for many yards putting points on the board... 600, 800, 999, I don't give a crap, as long as we win.

From your lips to THE Man's ears!!

Advertisement
Hold up, did someone really just say Homer is a 17 year old college sophomore??!?

So, I don't know their actual birthdays or anything, but Kyle confirmed Walton reclassified to his correct class, and Homer is young for his class.

On the 247 profiles has: Homer - 17 yrs 7 months, Walton as 19 years, 11 months.

Again, I don't know if 247 is accurate, but it's what I'm going by. If there's a bio/roster that has their actual bdays listed it'd be great if someone could post that to correct me.

If 247 is correct - then during this Spring Walton will be 20 and Homer 17. But when the 2017 season starts, they'll be 20 & 18.

The point more than the technical ages, is that the perception is young for his class because he reclassified, and they're 1 year apart in class, that they're basically the same age. Totally understandable - why wouldn't anyone assume that?

But it's actually the opposite. Saying "Walton should've been a Freshman this year" isn't correct, and saying Homer is a full 2 years younger than Walton is correct.

Those birthdates are wrong. lol. Jesus, it's been confirmed that Walton graduated a year early which makes him the same year as Homer. They're the same age, give or take a few months depending on birth month.

Those birthdates are wrong. lol. Jesus, it's been confirmed that Walton graduated a year early which makes him the same year as Homer. They're the same age, give or take a few months depending on birth month. I know you want to keep pushing your retarded meta that Homer is somehow better than a 1st round NFL draft pick but christ, learn when to give up.

Those birthdates are wrong. lol. Jesus, it's been confirmed that Walton graduated a year early which makes him the same year as Homer. They're the same age, give or take a few months depending on birth month. I know you want to keep pushing your retarded meta that Homer is somehow better than a 1st round NFL draft pick but christ, learn when to give up.

1) As I said in my post - I don't know if those birth dates are correct, but here's info I'm using. I could very well be wrong, and am curious at to what the correct birthdates are.

But as Kyle posted - they're not the same age:

Walton reclassified to his original grade and travis homer is young for his grade. He could've been one of the youngest sophomores or oldest freshmen with his birthdate

2) Clearly our difference of opinion is not so much about Homer, but about Walton. If you think Walton is a 1st Round pick - then you think he's in the same league as Cook, Fournette, Elliot, Gurley, Gordon. I think he's nowhere near that. IMO - Walton is a solid college RB - his ceiling is a late round pick, but more likely go undrafted IMO.

So when I think Homer will outplay Walton, it's because I think Homer has the potential to be better than what I consider to be a solid but not special RB, not that I think Homer is a future 1st Round pick.

Last edited:
teddy,

if the birthdates are wrong , i assume that means you can give us the correct dates?

because the only actual evidence i see says that homer is a full 2 years younger than walton, and not even 18 yet? thats nuts. kid's gonna be a beast

Advertisement
Besides, there's one important point...the birthdate is three years after I was born. So I can tell you definitely that photo is not me.

teddy,

if the birthdates are wrong , i assume that means you can give us the correct dates?

because the only actual evidence i see says that homer is a full 2 years younger than walton, and not even 18 yet? thats nuts. kid's gonna be a beast

How can Homer be a full TWO years younger than Walton if Homer is only ONE year behind in grade level and Walton actually SKIPPED a grade. Use logic dude. That means they're both the same age give or take the difference in birth months.

teddy,

How can Homer be a full TWO years younger than Walton if Homer is only ONE year behind in grade level and Walton actually SKIPPED a grade. Use logic dude. That means they're both the same age give or take the difference in birth months.

my understanding from back when it happened, was that walton was actually moving up into the grade he was always supposed to be in based on his age.

if that was the case, and homer just so happens to be young for his grade(which i feel like ive heard before), then it wouldnt be too hard to believe that homer and walton are a little more than two years apart in age.

i just wasnt sure if you knew for sure or if you were guessing based on anecdotal evidence. i understand that you believe you're using logic, but the premise that assumes walton skipping ahead a grade means he must be younger isn't necessarily true.

teddy,

my understanding from back when it happened, was that walton was actually moving up into the grade he was always supposed to be in based on his age.

if that was the case, and homer just so happens to be young for his grade(which i feel like ive heard before), then it wouldnt be too hard to believe that homer and walton are a little more than two years apart in age.

i just wasnt sure if you knew for sure or if you were guessing based on anecdotal evidence. i understand that you believe you're using logic, but the premise that assumes walton skipping ahead a grade means he must be younger isn't necessarily true.

Bingo!

Advertisement
R... OK, maybe a stretch with (2) 1000 yd backs... But my point is, I think Homer has that "IT" factor and will break loose this year for many yards putting points on the board... 600, 800, 999, I don't give a crap, as long as we win.

From your lips to THE Man's ears!!

You the man...

giphy.gif

I've so it over and over Homer will outplay Walton simple as that. He doesn't dance behind the line like Walton does. Homer will prove to be a very very solid #2 and will take the number 1 spot once Walton leaves
So he's gonna outplay him, "it's so over", but he won't be #1 till Walton leaves?

Makes total sense.

Yearby outplayed Walton, by a lot, for the first half of our ACC schedule. Walton never lost his carries, but Yearby lost his carries to Gus.

Walton is Richt's guy. Richt showed he's sticking with Walton no matter what. For better or worse, Walton's his dude. So Homer can outplay Walton, and Walton will remain the starter.

View attachment 43505

We play 8 ACC games. In the first 4 ACC games GT/FSU/UNC/VT:

Walton - 64 carries - 203 yds - 3.17 ypc - 1 TD. Longest run was 14 yards. Only had 2 runs that went for 10 yards.
Yearby - 38 carries - 237 yds - 6.23 ypc - 2 TD. Had 2 40+ runs

Had to go back and check the stats, but you're right, Walton was definitely the better of the two. Hard to argue for Yearby when you see the stats.

I said that all year and I also hated when they took Yearby out at the Goal Line when mark was a fresman. Yearby is not elite athletically but he played with natural instincts, pace, and vision and also ran with power and balance.

teddy,

Bingo!

I did some Googling because it was driving me crazy.

I think 247 a year off on Homer, so I was definitely wrong. Looks like the correct ages are about Homer - 18 yrs 7 months, Walton as 19 years, 11 months (so about 1 1/2 year difference). My Fault!

Walton was held back a year in school, so he re-classified into his proper grade.

Here's an article from July, 2015 which talks about Homer being young and other recruits being older - Recruiting Radar: Canes likely back in same RB conundrum as 2015 - State of The U

"There's a simple reason why Thompson is looking to reclassify: He's 18 years 3 months old at the time that I'm writing this article. So, he's nearly 2 years older than everybody else for his current class of 2017, which is ancient in terms of recruiting. For comparison's sake, Thompson is nearly the same proportional age that Alabama signee Calvin Ridley was for the 2015 cycle when Ridley aged out of HS athletics by turning 19 years 9 months during this past season, and Travis Homer, a fellow 2016 recruit, is currently 16 years 11 months old at this same moment."

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back