Travis Homer Spring

I'll say it now, we'll have the best 1-2 RB combo in the ACC and a top 3 in the nation. Homer is so fast and so aggressive. He's baby "grown-**** man." Walton will do him but there will not be a drop off when TH comes in. We're getting right back to RBU.

Advertisement
Definitely looking forward to watching him this spring! We haven't heard him say much in the media, he's just kept his head down and kept grinding which allowed him to make his mark as a frosh on special teams. He seems to fall in line with the "business" mentality that our other successful freshman had like Shaq, mike, joe, and ahmmon. We haven't enough of those types of leaders in a long time. Jaquan Johnson also has that mindset/leadership ability but is more vocal just like mike

I'll say it now, we'll have the best 1-2 RB combo in the ACC and a top 3 in the nation. Homer is so fast and so aggressive. He's baby "grown-**** man." Walton will do him but there will not be a drop off when TH comes in. We're getting right back to RBU.

Is this real life?

The kid has 7 career carries.

I don't think we will get a meaningful opportunity to see Homer this Spring. I think all the practices will be closed to the public and media only gets to watch the first 15 minutes of practice unless they are changing things in light of no Spring game this year.

Advertisement
[MENTION=14457]Liberty City El[/MENTION] go easy with the downvotes man

Top 3 in the nation might be a stretch. Definitely think that Homer can be explosive for us, however.

ya think gonna make that kinda leap this year into the convo as a top 5 back in the country? would need that to be a top 3 in the nation type duo

I'm excited for Homer. I think Homer will prove to be a better RB than Walton, but Walton will still get the majority of the carries. Richt is sticking with Walton no matter what.

Burns is the wildcard. Hope he's healthy and we get a good look at him in Spring.

Advertisement
I'm excited for Homer. I think Homer will prove to be a better RB than Walton, but Walton will still get the majority of the carries. Richt is sticking with Walton no matter what.

Burns is the wildcard. Hope he's healthy and we get a good look at him in Spring.

Two words I thought I'd never say in my message board career:

I quit

Some of ninjas love to diss your own. Ya'll make me laugh. Slurp EVERY OTHER TEAM'S PLAYERS, but when it comes to ours, nick pick the ish outta them.

Plain and simple, Homer is fast, gassed up, and aggressive. Had he not fumbled on that limited action he had against, I believe FAMU, he was trucking his way to the end zone. You can just see how he played on ST his abilities. Imma big fan of his. He may not be the all around back like we have in Walton, but he's going to be a baller.

In the practice time I got to watch, he had the most pop of the RBs I saw. At one point, popped a 20+ yarder on the 1st team D. Look forward to watching him in Spring, too. Good thread.

So you're saying the first team D is garbage.

The thing that Homer has working against him is that he's not Richt's guy.

We know CMR loves Walton and badly wants Dye (whom he recruited years ago).

Burns, Lingard, Davis are all going to be in the mix in 2018.

He could be the odd man out. He MUST seize this opportunity.

Disagree, when brown first got to Miami and met Travis homer he became a high priority for the staff to stay locked in the class. The class is very high on his ability. Another thing to note if lingard and others somehow surpass him when he get here he would be a good prospect at db too. He's a talented football player period

Well they didn't recruit him at UGA iirc, and as our only RB commit when Richt arrived I'm sure they did prioritize him. And if they were so high on his ability then he would've emerged as an option last season imo. They also wouldn't be putting the full-court press on Dye and wouldn't have plead with Gus to stay.
Faulty narrative. Can't just say that they weren't on him at uga. They wasn't on ahmmon richards and he became the top target when the new staff got in

Not so fast my friend. Recruiting doesn't always work that way and He may have reached out to Richards from UGA, but Richards had no interest. You never know, but I have a hard time believing they wouldn't have had interest in Richards, if it was reciprocated.

Advertisement

Top three in the nation when our number two right now hasn't played a single snap at the position in a game? Huh? What? Not sure if serious as you're typically a level headed poster in my mind.

Top three in the nation when our number two right now hasn't played a single snap at the position in a game? Huh? What? Not sure if serious as you're typically a level headed poster in my mind.

I'm glad u can sense that about me, so trust what I'm saying. It's called making a bold prediction. Walton is a top flight back, and I honestly believe that Homer is an elite back. I was on him just like I was on Duke when he committed. I truly, and honestly love Homer's tape and the way he beasted on ST has him on my radar for a great year transitioning him being the man in 18 when Walton leaves.

Advertisement
Hes the kind of guy u dont use as a featured back. But play him a lot cause if hes rested he is insanely explosive and will get a 6 yard burst consistently and some occasional big plays

Rok, I get the question mark on Homer's head. No production to look at yet. But it's not any different for Gray, Burns or the two verbals we have still in high school. And Dye only had 109 yards and 1 TD on 21 carries last season as a RS Junior, and only 91 yards in 2015, 52 of which came against the Canes when our heart was broken. Take away Miami, and Dye had less yards rushing as a RS Sophomore than Homer had as a TF sitting behind 3 pretty good backs.

For all these guys, we need to project how they'll play. I think the ST work he put in, and the fact everyone raved about his work as scout RB, suggests that Homer can be a good backup, maybe even great backup to Walton this season. Here are Homer's HS stats from his Player Bio on the Canes official site:

"Totaled 1,315 yards rushing and 13 total touchdowns senior year…Rushed for 215 yards and one touchdown in a 32-24 win over Chaminade-Madonna in FHSAA Regional Semifinal game…Finished prep career by surpassing 3,200 total rushing yards, 41 rushing touchdowns and 50 total touchdowns…Helped lead Oxbridge Academy to FHSAA Regional Finals…Chose Miami over offers from Alabama, Auburn, Florida and Florida State.

I've so it over and over Homer will outplay Walton simple as that. He doesn't dance behind the line like Walton does. Homer will prove to be a very very solid #2 and will take the number 1 spot once Walton leaves

Advertisement
Back