Travis Homer Spring

I'm excited for Homer. I think Homer will prove to be a better RB than Walton, but Walton will still get the majority of the carries. Richt is sticking with Walton no matter what.

Burns is the wildcard. Hope he's healthy and we get a good look at him in Spring.
Already starting with the Walton doubt?

All he does is ball and prove people here wrong.

Advertisement
I've so it over and over Homer will outplay Walton simple as that. He doesn't dance behind the line like Walton does. Homer will prove to be a very very solid #2 and will take the number 1 spot once Walton leaves
So he's gonna outplay him, "it's so over", but he won't be #1 till Walton leaves?

Makes total sense.

I love Homer's upside, I think he'll have a great season for us in the RB2 spot this year.

I've been trying my hardest to not respond to any of the Walton hate in the two threads today, but man oh man some of you ****** clowns never quit smh...

It legit makes me angry, so I'll just take for what it is & let y'all do what you do.

Walton is our best back. It's not even close.

Homer has tons of upside but I'm done crowning kids before they've earned it.

I learned my lessons on this topic the hard way....many times.

I'm excited for Homer. I think Homer will prove to be a better RB than Walton, but Walton will still get the majority of the carries. Richt is sticking with Walton no matter what.

Burns is the wildcard. Hope he's healthy and we get a good look at him in Spring.
Already starting with the Walton doubt?

All he does is ball and prove people here wrong.

I just don't get what people see in Walton. He's just an average RB, and I'll take the 15+ games where he's proved me right over the couple where he's proved me wrong.

If Homer and/or Burns aren't challenging Walton for the starting spot during Spring, then that's not a good sign.

Advertisement
I'll say it now, we'll have the best 1-2 RB combo in the ACC and a top 3 in the nation. Homer is so fast and so aggressive. He's baby "grown-**** man." Walton will do him but there will not be a drop off when TH comes in. We're getting right back to RBU.

Top three in the nation when our number two right now hasn't played a single snap at the position in a game? Huh? What? Not sure if serious as you're typically a level headed poster in my mind.

I'm glad u can sense that about me, so trust what I'm saying. It's called making a bold prediction. Walton is a top flight back, and I honestly believe that Homer is an elite back. I was on him just like I was on Duke when he committed. I truly, and honestly love Homer's tape and the way he beasted on ST has him on my radar for a great year transitioning him being the man in 18 when Walton leaves.

We shall see and I hope you're right. I just don't understand how Homer couldn't get one single touch last year if he's all that and a bag of chips. It isn't like he had serious talent ahead of him.

I've so it over and over Homer will outplay Walton simple as that. He doesn't dance behind the line like Walton does. Homer will prove to be a very very solid #2 and will take the number 1 spot once Walton leaves
So he's gonna outplay him, "it's so over", but he won't be #1 till Walton leaves?

Makes total sense.

Yearby outplayed Walton, by a lot, for the first half of our ACC schedule. Walton never lost his carries, but Yearby lost his carries to Gus.

Walton is Richt's guy. Richt showed he's sticking with Walton no matter what. For better or worse, Walton's his dude. So Homer can outplay Walton, and Walton will remain the starter.

Makes total sense.

Yearby outplayed Walton, by a lot, for the first half of our ACC schedule. Walton never lost his carries, but Yearby lost his carries to Gus.

Walton is Richt's guy. Richt showed he's sticking with Walton no matter what. For better or worse, Walton's his dude. So Homer can outplay Walton, and Walton will remain the starter.

tom-cruise-laughing-hysterically_48.gif

Advertisement
I believe Homer is every bit the back that Walton is, he may even be a bit faster. Either way, we are going to have a tremendous two headed monster. Both are extremely athletic, versatile and physical backs. I expect Homer to be about 210-215lbs come fall. They both finish runs and from the looks of it, Homer seems a little more of a decisive runner already. I think we will run the heck out of the ball next year.

Makes total sense.

View attachment 43505

We play 8 ACC games. In the first 4 ACC games GT/FSU/UNC/VT:

Walton - 64 carries - 203 yds - 3.17 ypc - 1 TD. Longest run was 14 yards. Only had 2 runs that went for 10 yards.
Yearby - 38 carries - 237 yds - 6.23 ypc - 2 TD. Had 2 40+ runs

Had to go back and check the stats, but you're right, Walton was definitely the better of the two. Hard to argue for Yearby when you see the stats.

I believe Homer is every bit the back that Walton is, he may even be a bit faster. Either way, we are going to have a tremendous two headed monster. Both are extremely athletic, versatile and physical backs. I expect Homer to be about 210-215lbs come fall. They both finish runs and from the looks of it, Homer seems a little more of a decisive runner already. I think we will run the heck out of the ball next year.

He's a lot faster. Homer has the chance to be the next elite back for the U. He's that good. Bama and FL wanted him bad.

OL. OL. OL. Put together a dominant OL and all of he RBs will shine. Walton, Homer, Burns. They will each look NFL caliber with a powerful OL. I am more concerned with the OL recruits and coaching than on the RBs.

Advertisement
Agree with what LuCane said above about Homer - impressive acceleration. You can see it in his highlights, and it was on display against FAMU in the couple of carries he got. Our backs will get to practice against one of the best front sevens in the country - can only help make them better.

Makes total sense.

View attachment 43505

Walton - 64 carries - 203 yds - 3.17 ypc - 1 TD. Longest run was 14 yards. Only had 2 runs that went for 10 yards.

Had to go back and check the stats, but you're right, Walton was definitely the better of the two. Hard to argue for Yearby when you see the stats.

Well thank GOD we actually play a whole season in stead of just 4 games.

Jesus wept

tom-cruise-laughing-hysterically_48.gif

I'll say it now, we'll have the best 1-2 RB combo in the ACC and a top 3 in the nation. Homer is so fast and so aggressive. He's baby "grown-**** man." Walton will do him but there will not be a drop off when TH comes in. We're getting right back to RBU.

Top three in the nation when our number two right now hasn't played a single snap at the position in a game? Huh? What? Not sure if serious as you're typically a level headed poster in my mind.

I'm glad u can sense that about me, so trust what I'm saying. It's called making a bold prediction. Walton is a top flight back, and I honestly believe that Homer is an elite back. I was on him just like I was on Duke when he committed. I truly, and honestly love Homer's tape and the way he beasted on ST has him on my radar for a great year transitioning him being the man in 18 when Walton leaves.

We shall see and I hope you're right. I just don't understand how Homer couldn't get one single touch last year if he's all that and a bag of chips. It isn't like he had serious talent ahead of him.

Honestly, I haven't heard "all that and a bag of chips" in hella long. Lol. Naw, that's not what I wanted to say...honestly, I think it was b/c of depth issues. Recall, at one point they about to play him at DB. I think he and Mullins are my two that's going to turn some heads for us. The position in most worried bout is QB.

Advertisement

Makes total sense.

View attachment 43505

Can you post a log of the 4-games?

I'd like to take a look at them. Thank you sir.

Makes total sense.

View attachment 43505

Jesus wept

View attachment 43506

No, I'm totally with you on Walton.

Walton averaged 5.3 ypc and Yearby only averaged 6.0 ypc in 2016. Walton also averaged 3.5 ypc last year when Yearby only averaged 4.9 ypc in 2015.

Walton's been a beast, and the better RB from Day 1!

Yearby was best games against UNC & VT. I'm not impressed. Walton was balled out against much better opponents like Pitt & NC St. No question those were the most important games we played all year.

In Walton's 26 games he's averaged over 3.5 ypc in 10 of them. 3.6+ ypc in 38% of the games he's played??? That's SICK! Probably only 1 or 2 RB's in college that can get that done. Yearby only did it in 9 games this year, but Walton's gotten it done in 10 games over 2 years. Dude just produces.
`
Walton's a Baller!

View attachment 43505

Jesus wept

View attachment 43506

No, I'm totally with you on Walton.

Walton averaged 5.3 ypc and Yearby only averaged 6.0 ypc in 2016. Walton also averaged 3.5 ypc last year when Yearby only averaged 4.9 ypc in 2015.

Walton's been a beast, and the better RB from Day 1!

Yearby was best games against UNC & VT. I'm not impressed. Walton was balled out against much better opponents like Pitt & NC St. No question those were the most important games we played all year.

In Walton's 26 games he's averaged over 3.5 ypc in 10 of them. 3.6+ ypc in 38% of the games he's played??? That's SICK! Probably only 1 or 2 RB's in college that can get that done. Yearby only did it in 9 games this year, but Walton's gotten it done in 10 games over 2 years. Dude just produces.
`
Walton's a Baller!

At least you and our coaching staff finally agree on one thing.

Walton is our best back. It's not even close.

Homer has tons of upside but I'm done crowning kids before they've earned it.

I learned my lessons on this topic the hard way....many times.

Yes, this is so true. Look, I love Homer's potential. But let's be clear. If Walton is Healthy he's an ALL-ACC type player at least.

Advertisement
Back