Travis Benjamin making noise for the Browns

He might be the only 2008 class kid to actually play in the league with Streeter likely to get cut by Baltimore.

The statistical odds that so many of those kids would bust was so small, and yet they all pretty much did.

Arthur Brown, Brandon Harris, Sean Spence (hopefully), Laron Byrd?

But yeah I see your point, pretty crazy.

Advertisement
He might be the only 2008 class kid to actually play in the league with Streeter likely to get cut by Baltimore.

The statistical odds that so many of those kids would bust was so small, and yet they all pretty much did.

Arthur Brown is a KSU wildcat.

Spence is probably finished, and wasn't cracking that lineup anyway.

Harris doesn't even dress for the Texans, and Byrd is a fringe player.

Lol wut? Spence was a 3rd round pick. 3rd round picks usually crack the lineup. Such a shame he got hurt.

Advertisement
I have no idea but you don't draft a guy in the 3rd round to ride the bench.

Exactly, you have no idea. He was drafted as a developmental player, and was a backup in preseason when he got hurt.

This was not a guy that was going to be starting for the Pittsburgh Steelers, sorry.

Exactly, you have no idea. He was drafted as a developmental player, and was a backup in preseason when he got hurt.

This was not a guy that was going to be starting for the Pittsburgh Steelers, sorry.

The Pittsburgh Steelers, one of the best run teams in the NFL, thought Sean Spence was good enough to warrant a 3rd round pick. You have absolutely no idea if he was going to start for them eventually or not, and neither do I. All I know is they thought highly enough of him to use a high draft pick on him.

DMoney loves him some TB3, even from the Grassy days

I remember Northwestern's spring game against Glades Central in 2007. Deonte Thompson had just signed with Florida, and Northwestern was prepping for what would be a national title run. When I asked people on the Glades side about Deonte, they all said he was overrated. Then they would point to a skinny, 145-pound kid with dreads popping out of his helmet.

That's why it's always a good idea to talk to the old heads at these HS games. They were right. Benjamin lit up MNW's defense that day and has been making game-changing plays ever since.

Funny you made that comment about "talk to the old heads at these HS games". My buddy and I went to the MNW 08 state championship game vs Boone up in Orlando. We are from central FL so we wanted to check out Jacory, Spence, and all the rest of the MNW crew. We sat right in the middle of all the MNW fans, had a great time. We were talking to them about the receivers quite a bit (AJ, Street, and KT), and every single person said that Streeter would end up with a better career than Aldarius. Back then I just thought they were enamored with Streeter's speed, but we all saw how that turned out.

/cool story bro...

LOL, I forgot how "special" you are

Advertisement
you guys sure he played on the same team with deonte thompson and damian berry?
180.gif

The Pittsburgh Steelers, one of the best run teams in the NFL, thought Sean Spence was good enough to warrant a 3rd round pick. You have absolutely no idea if he was going to start for them eventually or not, and neither do I. All I know is they thought highly enough of him to use a high draft pick on him.

I agree... Some posters want to crucify the entire 08 class because of their coach... Wasn't Spence working with the first team unit? I believe they were giving him the opportunity to replace Farrior if I'm correct... Harris played a lot last year for the Texans and Streeter, Forston, Regis and a few others were on the practice squad... Forston even played a few games and was brought up on the playoff roster... Byrd made the final roster for the Cards as well...

Too be honest we misused T3 his senior year... We were calling a bunch of screen routes for him when he wasn't that type of player... He was a deep route runner... Deep posts, corner routes, go routes etc. I always thought he had potential to be a Joey Galloway... I don't recall Galloway handling too many screen passes... I wouldn't be surprised to see t3 as the number 2 wideout...

Last edited:

Spence was already getting reps with the first team before the injure. His lb corch And even Lebeau said they were ok with his size. Even more, it was well known that Spence was groomed(SP) to be Larry Foote replacement.

Oh, do you remember a guy named James Farrior? He was playing at 220 lbs and even 218lbs at D. Lebeau 3-4.

Just google it...

Advertisement
Advertisement
The legend of a 500 per year average WR grows.

Only averaged 100 less yards per year than Santana Moss.

And started more games (5 as a true freshman), and didn't share receiving duties with other NFL pro bowlers and 5 less 5 PR for TDs.

If you really think TB and Moss are comparable don't know what to tell you brah.
If anything he's more like Sinorice..

Last edited:
i think JAG gets thrown out wayyyyy too much around here....
in what world was Travis Benjamin a JAG??....

Save that for the Khalil Jones and Romeo Davis's of the world.

Advertisement
Back