Travis Benjamin making noise for the Browns

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
"I'm still young in my coaching career, but I've never coached a guy that can run like Travis,'' said receivers coach Scott Turner, Norv's son. "I don't think I can really compare him to anyone.''

They didn't call Benjamin 'The Belle Glade Blur' back at his Florida high school for nothing. He rocked the 40-yard dash in 4.36 at the NFL Combine and has run it in 4.26. Even in the NFL, no one can catch him from behind.

"He’s got stupid speed,'' said Brandon Weeden after the Rams game. "It’s nice throwing to him when we get him on a (go route) down the sideline, but you’ve got to let it rip ‘cause he can run. He’s a big-play threat, so you love it. That’s a spark. He's a guy that's able to break one at anytime.''

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/08/cleveland_browns_speedster_tra.html

Advertisement
DMoney loves him some TB3, even from the Grassy days

Kid always brought it when he played here, good for him!

DMoney loves him some TB3, even from the Grassy days

I remember Northwestern's spring game against Glades Central in 2007. Deonte Thompson had just signed with Florida, and Northwestern was prepping for what would be a national title run. When I asked people on the Glades side about Deonte, they all said he was overrated. Then they would point to a skinny, 145-pound kid with dreads popping out of his helmet.

That's why it's always a good idea to talk to the old heads at these HS games. They were right. Benjamin lit up MNW's defense that day and has been making game-changing plays ever since.

Deonte is struggling to make it in the league; Travis is turning heads. Sounds about right to me. Good luck Ermon.

Advertisement
Wish I could rewind to the threads/posts where our fans said Travis would never make it in the league.

"Too small"
"Poor hands"

Dude took a beating on message boards. Made a few boneheaded plays during his tenure here but there's no replacing his value. Dude was always a big play waiting to happen.

Travis going be straight in the league his best days are ahead of him...he actually getting some good coaching
He is gonna make some decent $$$ in the league...I am happy for him..

And to think we never really got to use Travis to his fullest potential because we had a QB who could only punt during his time here...

I see Im not the only guy seeking out the old heads in the stands, I see you D$

Wish I could rewind to the threads/posts where our fans said Travis would never make it in the league.

"Too small"
"Poor hands"

Dude took a beating on message boards. Made a few boneheaded plays during his tenure here but there's no replacing his value. Dude was always a big play waiting to happen.

Yea I remember that. Dude was under appreciated here. It's like hating Dorsett because he had 1 bad game last season as a true sophomore. When it's all said and done, Dorsett will be balling in the NFL.

Advertisement
going back looking at some of his highlights while he was he here is it possible that Stacy Coley is a more elite Travis Benjamin with better size. Just looking at the way the can both make guys miss in the open field and are blessed with tremendous speed. Dorsett is also ridiculously fast but doesnt seem to have that wiggle to make guys miss in the open field.

He had tons of talent and was a very good player for us. The question with him (not from me, from other people) was if he was always going 100%.

I remember on a punt someone from another team was running back, Benjamin basically was just trying to not get blocked instead of putting his head down and chasing him. And it was returned for a TD. Little stuff like that.

But I wish him nothing but luck.

Advertisement
He had tons of talent and was a very good player for us. The question with him (not from me, from other people) was if he was always going 100%.

I remember on a punt someone from another team was running back, Benjamin basically was just trying to not get blocked instead of putting his head down and chasing him. And it was returned for a TD. Little stuff like that.

**** like that, I put squarely on the man in charge. No ******' chance Golden would let a thing like that slide. Just way too many dudes ended up like that under You-Know-Who, who were way more talented than how they played here.

**** like that, I put squarely on the man in charge. No ****in' chance Golden would let a thing like that slide. Just way too many dudes ended up like that under You-Know-Who, who were way more talented than how they played here.

Yup, he and many others was Shannon-ized.

He was never utilized correctly at Miami in my opinion.

He will never be more than 4th WR and a return guy in the NFL, which is still good. But he can't even crack Cleveland's sorry Top 3, let's not pretend he is going go be some NFL stud.

Advertisement
He was never utilized correctly at Miami in my opinion.

He will never be more than 4th WR and a return guy in the NFL, which is still good. But he can't even crack Cleveland's sorry Top 3, let's not pretend he is going go be some NFL stud.

Disagree, he could be a very solid #2 WR. 700-800 yds with 5 or 6 TDs.

Gordon Little and Bess will be the Browns top 3 guys on the field. TB3 will most likely be the 4th guy and main returner. Not bad for a little guy.

Advertisement
Back