Travis Benjamin making noise for the Browns

Advertisement
i think JAG gets thrown out wayyyyy too much around here....
in what world was Travis Benjamin a JAG??....

Save that for the Khalil Jones and Romeo Davis's of the world.

Yeah, Benjamin had his rough patches but I would definitely not call him a JAG. He was and is a playmaker.

The legend of a 500 per year average WR grows.

Only averaged 100 less yards per year than Santana Moss.

And started more games (5 as a true freshman), and didn't share receiving duties with other NFL pro bowlers and 5 less 5 PR for TDs.

If you really think TB and Moss are comparable don't know what to tell you brah.
If anything he's more like Sinorice..

Ok? He also didn't get to play with pro bowlers. He didn't get to play with Ken Dorsey. He didn't get to play with Bryant McKinnie. He didn't have Reggie Wayne on the other side of the field. Just admit you made a dumb post and move on. Nobody is saying he is as good as Moss, but that his production at the WR spot isn't drastically different than one of the best WR's of all time here, so your reference to his "500 yards per year" means absolute ****, as if "600 yards per year" is so different. Nice try bringing up punt returns, but you're the one who called him an average wide receiver. Any team would kill to have a guy like TB. UM has had 3 receivers in the history of the program go over 1000 yards. Stats aren't that big of a deal here, and if you can't tell that TB3 was a valuable playmaker and the best WR on the team for years who is sticking around the NFL, then, well . . . you're what everybody thought you were.

Last edited:

And started more games (5 as a true freshman), and didn't share receiving duties with other NFL pro bowlers and 5 less 5 PR for TDs.

If you really think TB and Moss are comparable don't know what to tell you brah.

Ok? He also didn't get to play with pro bowlers. He didn't get to play with Ken Dorsey. He didn't get to play with Bryant McKinnie. He didn't have Reggie Wayne on the other side of the field. Just admit you made a dumb post and move on. Nobody is saying he is as good as Moss, but that his production at the WR spot isn't drastically different than one of the best WR's of all time here, so your reference to his "500 yards per year" means absolute ****, as if "600 yards per year" is so different. Nice try bringing up punt returns, but you're the one who called him an average wide receiver. Any team would kill to have a guy like TB. UM has had 3 receivers in the history of the program go over 1000 yards. Stats aren't that big of a deal here, and if you can't tell that TB3 was a valuable playmaker and the best WR on the team for years who is sticking around the NFL, then, well . . . you're what everybody thought you were.

holy****... TB is an AVERAGE WR.. Nothing more to it.. I could care less if he lit up MNW's defense in the State Championship game.
He was 4th round draft pick for goodness sake. Yeah I get you can over look stats, but when you average 500 yards a season , have a penchant for running wrong routes, half *** on plays AND get drafted in the 4th round AND are currently a 4th WR option you average.
And save the playmaker spin.. Ted Ginn Jr is 10x's the play maker TB is. AND?

Look don't want to make it seem like I'm dumping on TB, but saying he's average is actually a compliment.. Most WR's don't get the chance to even be average. But on the same token lets not make him out to be TB the myth the legend either just cause he lit up MNW and runs a 4.2.

holy****... TB is an AVERAGE WR.. Nothing more to it.. I could care less if he lit up MNW's defense in the State Championship game.
He was 4th round draft pick for goodness sake. Yeah I get you can over look stats, but when you average 500 yards a season , have a penchant for running wrong routes, half *** on plays AND get drafted in the 4th round AND are currently a 4th WR option you average.

Look don't want to make it seem like I'm dumping on TB, but saying he's average is actually a compliment.. Most WR's don't get the chance to even be average. But on the same token lets not make him out to be TB the myth the legend either just cause he lit up MNW and runs a 4.2.

918 posts and in the red, I see why.

TB is a Cane...support him. Simple as that.

Advertisement
Didn't he have that monster all-purpose game vs FSU his freshman year( where he had like 300 total yards, IIRC). I think he slumped his jr and sr years( again, perhaps a victim of the culture) but I think he showed some grit his last year and he and Streeter made a pretty dangerous duo. And yes, I think he was hurt by having Jacory as his QB.

I think he'll have a solid NFL run, I don't think he has the size or toughness to be a #1 WR but in todays game, where 3 and 4 receiver sets are so prevalent and the game so wide open, he will make big plays on a somewhat consistent basis

As for his standing at UM, at other programs, he'd be among the great players, ever, at WR. At UM, he literally may not be among the top 15 or 20 player at his position. That's how good Miami has been in terms of talent( since the early 80's). It shouldn't be an indictment on 'the Blur'

Last edited:
Didn't he have that monster all-purpose game vs FSU his freshman year( where he had like 300 total yards, IIRC). I think he slumped his jr and sr years( again, perhaps a victim of the culture) but I think he showed some grit his last year and he and Streeter made a pretty dangerous duo. And yes, I think he was hurt by having Jacory as his QB.

I think he'll have a solid NFL run, I don't think he has the size or toughness to be a #1 WR but in todays game, where 3 and 4 receiver sets are so prevalent and the game so wide open, he will make big plays on a somewhat consistent basis

As for his standing at UM, at other programs, he'd be among the great players, ever, at WR. At UM, he literally may not be among the top 15 or 20 player at his position. That's how good Miami has been in terms of talent( since the early 80's). It shouldn't be an indictment on 'the Blur'

That's the whole point though, and what makes the U special. It's not an indictment of "Blur" to say what he is and was.

i think JAG gets thrown out wayyyyy too much around here....
in what world was Travis Benjamin a JAG??....

Save that for the Khalil Jones and Romeo Davis's of the world.

Khalil Jones and Romeo Davis were bad players, not JAGs.

In the world of the MIAMI HURRICANES, where being a 4th WR in the NFL MEANS U ARE A JAG!

He had over 700 yards receiving his junior year... He took a step back his senior but we were not passing as much and I didn't think we called the right plays for him... He wasn't a Jag... He was a good player... For a undersized 3 star recruit... He did his thing...

Advertisement

LOL. Lay back on the acid. Nice non-sequitir. Ted Ginn? Miami Northwestern? NFL WR "average?"

huh?

Advertisement
Back