Transfer Portal watch

Hopper's brother hit portal from UNC and is now at Missouri. Wonder if they are in it for him.

He's slight of frame but good. Saw him live last year. Active dude.

Advertisement
these are the top 10 schools in 247's portal rankings

1. LSU
2. Ole Miss
3. USC
4. FSU
5. Oklahoma
6. South Carolina
7. Texas
8. UF
9. Arkansas
10. Arizona

the majority of these schools have coaches who are relatively new and have pretty intense pressure to win immediately: LSU, FSU, South Carolina, Texas, UF, Arizona. USC is a special case where OU kids are following Riley, they also had their WR room hollowed out by the draft and portal and he's clearly filling spots there. at Oklahoma I don't think Venables is feeling much pressure but he's also having his roster raided by Riley. Ole Miss and Arkansas look like the only two, to me, where the coaches have job security and are just picking kids out of the portal that they want, and even in those two cases you clearly see them benefiting from SEC kids wanting to stay in the SEC and going to schools that are mid-tier/decent/respectable but also need talent and have playing time.

in our case, Mario has way more job security than Brian Kelly, Mike Norvell, Shane Beamer, Steve Sarkisian, Billy Napier etc. he basically has infinite job security at Miami, which I'm sure he knows. you would be hard pressed to find an incoming coach in recent history who has more job security in year one than Cristobal has right now. it seems obvious to me that he's not that interested in filling the roster with portal kids in order to plug holes for next season and is focusing his efforts on the 2023 recruiting class. talented local kids who want to come home and basically fall into his lap he obviously seems willing to take. maybe we go 7-5 next year and the recruiting class suffers and his strategy backfires, it's not out of the question. but I do think it's clear where his priorities lie and how his job security is driving that.
Right, but it worked pretty well for Mich St. Obviously you don't want to rely on the portal, but it helps especially with holes we would have on the roster left bare by previous staffs.

Advertisement
This is how I feel every time cribby says we’re gonna be lit in the portal. We’re just sitting back holding while everyone jumps on all these kids and in a week or month, the really big names are gonna portal and we’re gonna make out moves. Mario must know something and some names who aren’t yet in the portal
Eddie Murphy Hug GIF

Advertisement

TF 4-star WR from The Woodlands TX (he’s actually originally from Baton Rouge)...

SPEED DEMON 🔥🔥🔥

He ran a 10.40 in the 100m in HS & had an official 4.42 40.

I know we’re staying pat with Ladson, but mannnn adding a kid like this with B Smith & Key Smith would give us one of fastest WR groups in the ACC.

I know we won’t have any interest, but shid somebody will get a spark plug player with this kid.

Advertisement
Keidron Smith, CB from Ole Miss, entered the portal. Formerly of Oxbridge Academy back in the day

We should be all over him. Should have been a cane to start with
He was a possible NFL draft entree, no? hopefully the coming home angle plays in our favor. He and TS on the outside would be great, not sure there would be a bigger starting corner duo in CFB

Advertisement
He was a possible NFL draft entree, no? hopefully the coming home angle plays in our favor. He and TS on the outside would be great, not sure there would be a bigger starting corner duo in CFB
Ya he could have entered and would probably be a 3-5 round pick. I would have to talk to some people to see where he was projected I didn’t follow him closely. I was a big advocate of him coming out of HS, though.

Advertisement
Back