Transfer Portal watch

I didn't see this posted anywhere. Another, less reliable, 'Cane site seems to think this kid is coming.

1642782051040.png

Advertisement
I probably missed it, but how do we feel about this?

Depth piece?
Good pickup?
Great pickup, will probably start here?

Redshirt freshman offensive lineman Logan Sagapolu has entered the portal with four years to play four at the school of his choosing.

During his two seasons with the Ducks, Sagapolu didn't see any game action. He was out for the 2021 football season with an injury that he sustained during fall camp. He spent most of his time at Oregon as a center or guard.

The 6-foot-3 lineman signed with the Ducks as part of the 2019 recruiting class and was rated as the No. 9 center in the country. He picked the Ducks over offers from BYU, Utah, Arizona and five other schools.

I probably missed it, but how do we feel about this?

Depth piece?
Good pickup?
Great pickup, will probably start here?
He likely competes at center, this was his recruiting write up back in 2018, originally from Utah, low 3* in 2019

"Thick lower base and broad shoulders with plenty of strength. Underrated feet and quickness. Moves light on his feet. Does a tremendous job in running game, while showing the feet and anchoring as a pass blocker. Doesn’t have long arms but his feet keep him from being a liability in pass pro. A consistent snapper, both under center and in the shotgun and a pure, natural center. Will serve a church mission right away and return as a 20-year old freshman. Projects as a multi-year Power 5 starter and a third-day NFL draft pick."

His religious mission got cut short due to COVID so he enrolled in 2020 and redshirted. Unfortunately he got hurt in fall camp and missed all of 2021 season. Unsure if he would have played this year but he has no snaps at this level. If Mario/Mirabel are taking him I imagine they know him best pre-injury and think he can make a difference, also has a lot of years of eligibility left.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Ya he could have entered and would probably be a 3-5 round pick. I would have to talk to some people to see where he was projected I didn’t follow him closely. I was a big advocate of him coming out of HS, though.
org had a 6- Priority UDFA on him depending how he ran. could work on his play recognition. Average tackler, and is caught a little too much trying to bait the qb and as a result gives up big plays. Very good athlete though, quick feet and has plus ball skills. Personally think he fits best in a zone system at the next level.

Squats something stupid like 750 pounds

Edit: just read a HS write up on him from 2019 that said he squats 830 pounds and benches over 500 pounds
Yup, strong dude and BIG. Seems like what we kind of expected from Donaldson on the inside. Big road grader in the run game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back