Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
USC adding like 6-10 starters via the portal? Was their roster that bad? Or will they start to lose guys to the portal now?

Advertisement
USC taking advantage of Oregon potentially being down and know they can run away with the Pac-12 in year 1. ****. They are cleaning up in the portal.

Which is y when the news broke about Riley, I said Mario leave now!

Pac-12 & OOS teams eat from the Cali train when SC is down. But when they r up? It’s locked down.

Advertisement
USC out there about to be a machine loading up with transfers now and starting in 2023 will be having too 5 recruiting classes each year, man Lincoln building a MF empire out there on the west coast, and Mario is building one here on the east coast

Advertisement
Lincoln Riley was hired 10 ish days before Mario (off the top of my head, might be closer to 12). Before I get negged - They’re not really comparable in the sense that Riley is the de-facto OC and he brought Grinch with him, so he already had his two most important pieces in place. Mario doesn’t.

However, the manner in which Riley has attacked the portal and grabbed a plethora of not only immediate impact players, but absolute studs, is impressive. It’s something I wish Mario stressed more, especially with the glaring holes we have and all this talent readily available.

Lincoln Riley was hired 10 ish days before Mario (off the top of my head, might be closer to 12). Before I get negged - They’re not really comparable in the sense that Riley is the de-facto OC and he brought Grinch with him, so he already had his two most important pieces in place. Mario doesn’t.

However, the manner in which Riley has attacked the portal and grabbed a plethora of not only immediate impact players, but absolute studs, is impressive. It’s something I wish Mario stressed more, especially with the glaring holes we have and all this talent readily available.
I agree!!!! Riley is def off to a great start. Not slight to Mario but Lincoln is doing well thus far

Advertisement

True, Miami desperately needs immediate talent infusion on every level of the defense and OL

With 4 to play 4, you almost have to treat him like a super-2022 kid. 1 less interior lineman needed in the class. I believe he's 20 or maybe even 21 (2019 HS grad then took a year off for a Mormon mission). He'll be up there with Jarrid Williams and Tyler McMeans as one of the oldest active Hurricanes by the time he graduates.
Pretty sure this guy was the oldest when he enrolled at 26...
r503501_2_1296x729_16-9.jpg

"Redshirt junior Lou Hedley, 28, announced in an Instagram post Sunday that he will return to the UM football program for his sixth season in 2022."

USC adding like 6-10 starters via the portal? Was their roster that bad? Or will they start to lose guys to the portal now?
Their roster wasn’t that bad, but every coach wants to remake the roster the way they believe it should be when they get to a new program, so he’s just brining in plug & play impact players to expedite the rebuilding process.

The Pac-12 is the WEAKEST P5 conference in football, I’d even argue the AAC & Mountain West were better than the Pac last year, which means the conference is wide open for the taking, so Riley is going for the quick turn around trying to win as fast as possible in order to capitalize off the recruiting momentum he’s going to have in the first 2-3 years of his tenure.

The formula is simple, when you’re a highly regarded coach with a winning record & reputation like Riley, you want to take the momentum you’ll have being the shiny new toy on the trail & combine it with winning early, so as you can sell your program that much faster to recruits. Basically, if he wins early, he can sell his Oklahoma success & the fact he turned around USC quickly to recruits & it’ll make his job that much easier on the trail.

Advertisement
Back