Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
season 2 time GIF by American Gods

Advertisement
So if Cristobal was enjoying Riley's portal success we'd all be leaping for joy. The progress of both programs will be interesting to monitor from both a short and long term point of view.

Advertisement
Advertisement
So if Cristobal was enjoying Riley's portal success we'd all be leaping for joy. The progress of both programs will be interesting to monitor from both a short and long term point of view.
Winning in the short term versus the long term aren't mutually exclusive. In fact, winning in the short term helps you win in the long term. On-field success and momentum helps any recruiter sell the program and acquire more talent, which makes you more competitive in the long-term.

If Riley surpasses expectations in year 1 (Pac 12 title appearance/Pac-12 championship), he'll owe a lot of his success to attcking the transfer portal. If USC appears in the Pac-12 championship/wins the Pac-12, he'll probably recruit a top 2/maybe top 3 recruiting class.

We got Keyshawn Smith from SAN DIEGO...i would focus on a player or two in that area or get an inner city LA kid from Long Beach, Inglewood, etc who wants to escape the area.

Inglewood had a good program this year ive seen...because for some reason Bally Sports aired Cali HS games down here in s.fla every Friday night.

The team with a bunch of prospects is LOS AL. ...and the crazy part is a big homie from my neighborhood in s.fla is there coach on offense. Malachi Nelson and they have like 3-4 wrs that are legit.

Most LA kids want USC...but you can grab some of the scrapsa if need be picking off other pac 12 programs...also i think NOR CAL has some talent int he East Bay but i dont know cali all that well to say where those kids go
They have a great youth program as well, son’s team played them at Disney for pop Warner runner-up they run that spread offense very nice! They had some nice kids on that team

Advertisement
Their offense isn’t WR friendly. Bama is!

“Thank you for my ring, but I need them receptions and highlights”
I totally get the move. But just imagine one of our best/most promising WRs transferring to our rival, say FSU, right after we beat them in the National Championship.

Strange times. You have to wonder if the transfer portal ends up impacting fan investment and the overall popularity of the CFB product.

Advertisement
Back