Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt, but for people affected by this condition, your statement is very offensive. I’m sure you will just say “relax it’s just a message board” or something to that effect but your comment is just as offensive as if you were denigrating someone’s race, religion or sexuality.

Thanks for posting this. In what I hope and believe to be completely out of character for me, at my low, I made some bad, tasteless and completely inappropriate spectrum jokes here many months ago, and got called out for it by someone who may have an autistic family member. While I was writing up a (long) apology I got thread banned or a TO, IIRC. By the time I got back on, the ship had sailed and there was nowhere appropriate for me to post it. I should have found a way.

It's been sitting with me, and I just want to say to that poster (I wish I had written their name down) and anyone else that I offended that I apologize. Everyone is different and if some people have a tougher go of it in some ways, we should all be there to pick them up, not be cruel, or use their hardship as an insult.

Edit: except for Gators

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this. In what I hope and believe to be completely out of character for me, at my low, I made some bad, tasteless and completely inappropriate spectrum jokes here many months ago, and got called out for it by someone who may have an autistic family member. While I was writing up a (long) apology I got thread banned or a TO, IIRC. By the time I got back on, the ship had sailed and there was nowhere appropriate for me to post it. I should have found a way.

It's been sitting with me, and I just want to say to that poster (I wish I had written their name down) and anyone else that I offended that I apologize. Everyone is different and if some people have a harder go of it in some ways, we should all be there to pick them up, not be cruel, or use their hardship as an insult.

Proud Of You Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

It's been sitting with me, and I just want to say to that poster (I wish I had written their name down) and anyone else that I offended that I apologize. Everyone is different and if some people have a tougher go of it in some ways, we should all be there to pick them up, not be cruel, or use their hardship as an insult.

Edit: except for Gators
I appreciate your comments. You have articulated my point much better than I did.

Advertisement
Back