Transfer Portal watch

I haven’t read this thread but I do know that we need a web badly. I never believed in Jake I was on the money that his arm was weak he couldn’t run and doesn’t see the field well and stares at one target. TVD can’t run can make all the throws but he’s inaccurate and if u take away his first read he’s done. We will eventually need a DTQB and they aren’t hard to find.

Next season this is a weak position imo and I hope we add someone. Next class we need a stud and u can find a low rated web each cycle that surprises people. Wasn’t big on Rashada kid is buns sauce. Any qb targets we after?
2024, Air Noland from Georgia, dual threat should be a big target for us and fits the bill.

Advertisement
I know there’s kids on teams playing today who are looking around ……
I don’t doubt that. I think the key is have they reached out to us or we reach out to them?

HS recruiting lends itself to in person poker, where you get reads, implement recruiting strategy and build to those all in moments (announcements).
Portal recruiting is more internet poker where you jump in and be prepared to call ”all in” on every hand or else.

I don’t doubt that. I think the key is have they reached out to us or we reach out to them?

HS recruiting lends itself to in person poker, where you get reads, implement recruiting strategy and build to those all in moments (announcements).
Portal recruiting is more internet poker where you jump in and be prepared to call ”all in” on every hand or else.
Both Cohen and Francisco maigua were in the works for months. Last year it was Miami that got Mims to jump into the portal.

Miami knows how to back channel. Let **** play out. Games aren’t played tomorrow. Plenty of time to fill holes.

Both Cohen and Francisco maigua were in the works for months. Last year it was Miami that got Mims to jump into the portal.

Miami knows how to back channel. Let **** play out. Games aren’t played tomorrow. Plenty of time to fill holes.
We got Mims to hop in and then didn’t even get a visit? Usually the point of tampering is to actually get the player…no second place trophies in the portal.

Advertisement
Man Big Joe fuc.k.ing sucks at recruiting
Do you not realize that the kid jumped into the portal knowing exactly where he was going? It didn’t matter who we had recruiting him. There was clearly some tampering going on with this kid, on behalf of UF. Big Joe’s recruiting acumen… or lack thereof, had absolutely nothing to do with us not landing this kid.

Advertisement
This guy we hired from Michigan State to monitor the portal must be either working part time or enjoying SOFLA way to much. Either that or Mario has both thumbs on him and has him all screwed up.
Portal recruiting is hard af. There is usually tampering before kids jump and decisions are made quickly. We have done well thus far but this is the exact reason why relying on the portal is risky af. You miss on a couple of guys and your next season is done. We still have time though. Also, our offensive situation isn’t making it easier for us in regards to WRs, and losing Jackson was a kick in the balls.

This guy we hired from Michigan State to monitor the portal must be either working part time or enjoying SOFLA way to much. Either that or Mario has both thumbs on him and has him all screwed up.

We've gotten the top olineman, 2nd best LB, and 8th best DB in the portal and we are far from done. I'd say we let it all play out. We have done well. It's TBD whether we fill all our needs, but we haven't exactly struck out in the portal, and it is clear we want upgrrades in talent there, and not stop-gaps.

Advertisement
Do you not realize that the kid jumped into the portal knowing exactly where he was going? It didn’t matter who we had recruiting him. There was clearly some tampering going on with this kid, on behalf of UF. Big Joe’s recruiting acumen… or lack thereof, had absolutely nothing to do with us not landing this kid.
I swear only about half the people on this board can actually read. I'm talking about in general, not just this specific kid (obviously).

Advertisement
Not sure what this means but our portal guru from MSU posted it last night…

Supposedly the Memphis TE

More discussion on the tweet in this thread

I swear only about half the people on this board can actually read. I'm talking about in general, not just this specific kid (obviously).
First of all, U didn’t say, “in general” and secondly, you quoted a response to the tweet of the kid’s commitment to UF. So what are we supposed to surmise from reading that? Well that you’re talking about that particular kid. If you didn’t quote that response, that had the tweet attached, then we probably (I definitely), wouldn’t have said ****. Cause you didn’t say anything wrong. Have a good 2023.

Advertisement
Back