Transfer Portal watch

50 Cent Smh GIF

Advertisement
Warming to the TE idea. There's a difference between talent/upside and proven talent. Stack it. Ideally from a numbers standpoint someone's departing that room. I know who I hope it is.

DT - let the back channeling commense(d). Can't strikeout here.

WR - a couple names keep coming up. Really wonder how the OC outcome is impacting this position.

Advertisement
Mike after this year needs to recruit better, portal will probably be successful this year but can’t just depend on that

FSU is putting everything into the portal. They could make a MSU style run with the portal & returning talent they have as well.

The thing is though is it’s a very big gamble for them. MSU had one great year then came back down to earth this year. We’ll see if FSU is able to maintain the same success in 2023. You still have to recruit and develop your own talent to some degree.

Advertisement
All these guys FSU getting in portal, how many years do they have left? I really didn’t notice but doubt they only have one season left. So, does it really matter if he is hitting portal harder??

FSU's doing a helluva job in the portal..again. Last year 'conventional wisdom' was that they sucked. Now 'conventional wisdom' is that what they're doing isn't sustainable. Goal post moving? Appears to me that Norvell is enjoying success, and re-building the brand. With limited resources.
What if re-building the brand makes FSU more attractive to HS recruits?
Sincerely think we need to throw out this idea of there being a particular formula for success - as in Mario has it and FSU doesn't. NIL and the portal are relatively new frontiers. Just 'what if' Mario recruits great (evident) but gets poached while building with youth (losing)?
I really hope this isn't the case, but strongly feel a lot of the 'conventional wisdom' perpetuated around here should be up for review.

Advertisement
FSU's doing a helluva job in the portal..again. Last year 'conventional wisdom' was that they sucked. Now 'conventional wisdom' is that what they're doing isn't sustainable. Goal post moving? Appears to me that Norvell is enjoying success, and re-building the brand. With limited resources.
What if re-building the brand makes FSU more attractive to HS recruits?
Sincerely think we need to throw out this idea of there being a particular formula for success - as in Mario has it and FSU doesn't. NIL and the portal are relatively new frontiers. Just 'what if' Mario recruits great (evident) but gets poached while building with youth (losing)?
I really hope this isn't the case, but strongly feel a lot of the 'conventional wisdom' perpetuated around here should be up for review.

It’s definitely a skill to recruit the portal like this but again I’d argue that the evaluations always have to hit and they are bound to miss on a few evals - See Tommy Kennedy - and when they do they have absolute **** behind it because they aren’t recruiting high school kids well.

Advertisement
give props where it’s due. Mikey has acquired the talent to at least give them a chance to win the ACC next year. I was in the not sustainable camp but not anymore. Expect fsu to pull top level guys in the very fruitful portal each year. They aren’t going to suck again with Norvell.

give props where it’s due. Mikey has acquired the talent to at least give them a chance to win the ACC next year. I was in the not sustainable camp but not anymore. Expect fsu to pull top level guys in the very fruitful portal each year. They aren’t going to suck again with Norvell.
Especially when guys like Wilson, Johnson, and Verse go there and kill it. They can sell guys on having that same success

It’s definitely a skill to recruit the portal like this but again I’d argue that the evaluations always have to hit and they are bound to miss on a few evals - See Tommy Kennedy - and when they do they have absolute **** behind it because they aren’t recruiting high school kids well.
I agree but at a certain point you have to give it to whoever their evaluator is. Similar to how we have hope that Alonzo will do it for us. They have hit 2 years straight if they do it for a third have to just chalk it up to that person. They clearly have the tampering or whatever you want to call it down the way they are getting people in waves.

He’s a **** recruiter but he’s very good in the portal. Like Manny was. But eventually they’ll miss on an eval and it’ll be their undoing. One injury to Travis and they are absolutely ****ed anyway.
Yep. Travis is the key. If he gets hurt or once he leaves they're toast as a program. The qb recruiting continues to be garbage so w/o Travis they're a 6 or 7 win team at best. Norvell will never be an elite recruiter. He knows it so he has to go all in for this year via portal and hope they go NY6 or playoff appearance and it nets them a top 10ish class.

Advertisement
Back